Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

No email yet and I really want to know where I'm gonna be!
    I'm the same, I won't be able to relax until Tuesday, I have a large extended family that keep ringing and I've no answers :p oh I'm so excited, thank you aib for giving graduates a shot in the current environment! Looking forward to meeting everyone at training :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rebelette24

No mention of training. Just details of location, salary and an awful lot of forms that need to be filled out. The start date is also to be confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭username84

people don't seem to be getting calls anymore :/ between that and the emails from AIB to successful candidates I think it might be time I gave in.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Shinny123

username84 wrote: »
    people don't seem to be getting calls anymore :/ between that and the emails from AIB to successful candidates I think it might be time I gave in.......

Have given up all hope of getting a call with an offer!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Shinny123 wrote: »
    Yup. I would say offers this week, rejections next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mil5nov

Me too... But at least they should ring us before weekend. Anyway congrats to all that got the offers

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

No mail either, has anyone been offered above the entry salary level???

• Registered Users Posts: 36 fluff09

No mail either, has anyone been offered above the entry salary level???

What was the entry level salary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 purespecialbus

My recruitment agent just rang me.. She said to keep an eye out for an email from AIB with a salary and a location.

She said she's nervous and intrigued as to where they are going to place me. I specifically said Cork city/suburbs. She also said she is surprised by some of the salary's they are offering.

She said so far people have been rejecting offers as they are not happy with locations. One girl lives in Limerick and was offered Monaghan. Another girl asked for Kerry but did not get it and two girls who were offered Kerry turned it down and they couldn't offer the Kerry place to the first girl then.

Sooo nervous ....eek

• Registered Users Posts: 46 douglywougly

fluff09 wrote: »

Entry was 24k or so I was told...

• Advertisement

fluff09 wrote: »

Entry was 24k or so I was told...

Ok. I have been offered more than that. I am working at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭username84

There are more interviews at the end of the month, wonder if those of us rejected can ask for another interview????

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bear1234

josieb wrote: »
    Are you and your friend looking for the same location? I am looking for mayo/galway and I know few people has been offer these locations so I am hoping there is still few more slots for them. I had my interview on the first day(friday) so I am really hoping their not going in order of days of interviews or I'm screwed.

we live very close to each other but i applied to more locations than her because i can drive. i applied to dublin and then a couple of branches in Kildare/Meath. i got a missed call there but it wasn't from cpl and i'm afraid to call it back in case i miss a call about the job!:eek: freaking out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 xx0xx

I missed the call when dey first rang me and they left a message and i called back an hour later and still got an offer..

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Floof Face

No mention of training. Just details of location, salary and an awful lot of forms that need to be filled out. The start date is also to be confirmed.

Congrats to everyone so far! I got the mail yesterday I got the branch in the southeast I wanted am delighted and my salary is €5,500 more than the basic start off salary I was told! Happy days!!!

The stat date has to be confirmed by you. It said in the email that you must reply that a) you accept the offer and b) your proposed start date to the Hr dept of Aib careers@aib.ie

Some load of paperwork isn't it!!! I don't care though I'm thrilled! Really hope it works out for everyone waiting! :)

That's excellent what experience have you to get 5500? Really hope I get a branch in galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cornerforward13

Are people not getting the branches they were looking for?! Still waiting for my email :-(

Just got a call there to say email was on its way

Are people not getting the branches they were looking for?! Still waiting for my email :-(

I got one of my preferred three branches so I am delighted! I hope you get your email today

Just got a call there to say email was on its way
    From AIB or your recruiter?

• Advertisement

That's excellent what experience have you to get 5500? Really hope I get a branch in galway!

Honestly I dont know I wasnt expecting that!! I have 10 years experience in customer service, sales and marketing in retail and office based roles and was trained to management level in retail too. I have a Business qualification aswell but honestly was expecting 24k-25k I was so delighted with the contract!! Plus with the 5 working days we have to send all the paperwork back means it doesn't have to be back until Monday week(because of Good Friday &Easter Monday) which gives us plenty of time to sort all of them out!

They ask for your height and weight on the medical questionnaire.... think I will have to knock a few pounds off mine haha :D

I think the majority of people are getting one of the branches they requested. I got the second choice one on my list.

I really hope its good news for everyone else!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Still have no email, had the call early yesterday so hoping to get the mail today. Would really love to know before the weekend so I can consider packing in my current job

Still have no email, had the call early yesterday so hoping to get the mail today. Would really love to know before the weekend so I can consider packing in my current job
    Are you me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭josieb

I am thinking that the recruiters dont want to ring with bad news before the long weekend because they will have to deal with loads of questions from people being rejected but I am also hoping if people are not accepting locations then they will offer them to us that hasn;t heard yet. I wouldnt care where I was put as long as I get a job out of it.

From AIB or your recruiter?

From recruiter told me to check my mails, I'll be disappearing from work every 5 mins until I get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 guice_t

Has anybody been offered positions in Dublin yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bear1234

guice_t wrote: »
    Has anybody been offered positions in Dublin yet?

yes but i'm not sure if dublin locations have been allocated yet

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭josieb

Same as and won;t be able to enjoy weekend either cause still in limbo land of not knowing:(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 douglywougly

Just got offered a position in Dundrum, my first choice!

• Advertisement

Just got offered a position in Dundrum, my first choice!

Congrats!!! :D

Advertisement