Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Just got offered a position in Dundrum, my first choice!
    Congrats, fair play to ya! :) I'm still waiting on my email, come on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭username84

josieb wrote: »
    Shinny123 wrote: »
    Have given up all hope of getting a call with an offer!:(

Same as and won;t be able to enjoy weekend either cause still in limbo land of not knowing:(
    Same boat :( Heartbroken, desperately need work

• Registered Users Posts: 36 fluff09

Floof Face wrote: »

Congrats!!! :D

Where did you get floof? I'm Drogheda! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 purespecialbus

josieb wrote: »
    I am thinking that the recruiters dont want to ring with bad news before the long weekend because they will have to deal with loads of questions from people being rejected but I am also hoping if people are not accepting locations then they will offer them to us that hasn;t heard yet. I wouldnt care where I was put as long as I get a job out of it.

My recruiter told me that even if people reject offers/locations, CPL CANNOT allocate you to this persons rejected location even if it where you want to be placed. Sounds silly. I wish they would consider swops but it is against policy to do so

fluff09 wrote: »

Are these the analyst jobs or the bank official jobs? The salary for analyst positions are much higher than for branch banking positions. I didn't give 3 locations in my interview at all just specified Cork city/suburbs.

Congrats to those of you who have been placed :) ..Yeeeeoowww !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Floof Face

I got the branch I wanted in Wexford! :D Its so exciting!!

I hope we wont have to train in Dublin or anything as I have college exams in a couple of weeks!!

Is Drogheda the one you wanted??

Are these the analyst jobs or the bank official jobs? The salary for analyst positions are much higher than for branch banking positions. I didn't give 3 locations in my interview at all just specified Cork city/suburbs.

Hey pure, mine is bank official job. Whereabouts in cork you from? I am from cork living up here a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Shinny123

username84 wrote: »
    Same boat :( Heartbroken, desperately need work

Seems to be just us 3 left hanging . . seeing people on about offers and locations and salary is making me sad! Think it's time to get off this and wait for the call! :(

I got the branch I wanted in Wexford! :D Its so exciting!!

I hope we wont have to train in Dublin or anything as I have college exams in a couple of weeks!!

Is Drogheda the one you wanted??

Well done! Drogheda was my second choice so I am really happy! I am working at the moment so have to work out my notice period so don't worry you are not alone!

Mine is a Bank Official role so its branch banking or Retail Banking as it states in my contract! But my salary is quite high considering I was told you would start off on 24k. Id say the analyst positions are around 40k ish?

At this stage Im just happy to have been offered a job!!! :D

• Advertisement

Hey pure, mine is bank official job. Whereabouts in cork you from? I am from cork living up here a few years.

Bishopstown friend :D .. Surely when I specified Cork city/suburbs for my location they wouldn't offer me elsewhere?? ..eek.. Hope I don't have to reject it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Just got an email and I'm fuming. Was told yesterday that I would have one of my 3 specified locations and over 25k. Got the email with under 25k and a branch over 60 miles away, called the recruiter furious. She's now getting back onto the bank. I know a lot of people will be happy with any offer but I made it perfectly clear that I was only interested based on certain terms and this was clarified yesterday, so sickened

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bear1234

congrats dougly! good to hear people are still getting called!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cornerforward13

I want my email! I won't last the weekend not knowing where I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭josieb

Seems to be just us 3 left hanging . . seeing people on about offers and locations and salary is making me sad! Think it's time to get off this and wait for the call! :(

I wish they just ring and put us out of our misery

I hope its good news for you as they are still hiring! Theres other groups still doing the aptitude tests now so don't give up!!:)

Sorry if we are rubbing salt in the wound a bit we dont mean to! :(

Me too corner, rang recruiter they said wel def get news from aib today

i know the feeling! i'm not working at the moment so all i can do is sit around and wait!

Mine is a Bank Official role so its branch banking or Retail Banking as it states in my contract! But my salary is quite high considering I was told you would start off on 24k. Id say the analyst positions are around 40k ish?

At this stage Im just happy to have been offered a job!!! :D

Wow that's awesome :) .. I was told 23k for the bank official jobs and the others were around 28k. My recruiter did tell me earlier though that they were quite surprised as to what salary's people were being offered. Woop !!

Eagerly awaiting this email....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Shinny123

I hope its good news for you as they are still hiring! Theres other groups still doing the aptitude tests now so don't give up!!:)

Delighted for all of ye who got offers :D
    Just wish they would put us out of our miseery and let us know either way! If we don't hear today I don't think i'll last the weekend!:eek:

• Advertisement

Well done! Drogheda was my second choice so I am really happy! I am working at the moment so have to work out my notice period so don't worry you are not alone!

Thank god!! :D

Few drinks shall be well deserved this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭josieb

It is great to see so many getting offers and congrats to ye all.
    I would like to know what is happening with my application, just to know if I might still be consider or if aib has all positions filled or that its just been rejected.

Wow that's awesome :) .. I was told 23k for the bank official jobs and the others were around 28k. My recruiter did tell me earlier though that they were quite surprised as to what salary's people were being offered. Woop !!

Eagerly awaiting this email....

I hope you're happy with yours!! You could be pleasantly surprised!! They are basing your salary on your work experience I think. I know someone who has an Arts degree and trained to be a secondary teacher but just couldn't get work and he got offered less than I did!

Its a pity really but their basing it on relevant experience and qualifications.

hope i don't come across as bitchy but just enjoy your weekend safe in the knowledge you got the position!! :D

Few drinks shall be well deserved this weekend :)

Woop Woop! :D

I hope you're happy with yours!! You could be pleasantly surprised!! They are basing your salary on your work experience I think. I know someone who has an Arts degree and trained to be a secondary teacher but just couldn't get work and he got offered less than I did!

Its a pity really but their basing it on relevant experience and qualifications.[/QUOTE

I hope so too :) Thanks! With the amount of branches in and around Cork city/suburbs you'd think I will get one of them not too far from where I live.

Yeah I have about 9 years customer service experience, I have 2 bachelor degrees and a masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lolser

I just my contract emailed through from aib, with the wrong address I hope they didnt contact me in mistaken offering me someone elses position in the other end of the country!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mil5nov

I rang aib 2h ago just to find out is it yes or no. Her answer "I have your file and we will contact you shortly". That was 2h ago. Couldn't she just say yes or no...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Awfull Lawfull

Just got an email and I'm fuming. Was told yesterday that I would have one of my 3 specified locations and over 25k. Got the email with under 25k and a branch over 60 miles away, called the recruiter furious. She's now getting back onto the bank. I know a lot of people will be happy with any offer but I made it perfectly clear that I was only interested based on certain terms and this was clarified yesterday, so sickened

I'm the same got offered a location ages away
    And under €25 k as well. Got an email last night.
    Rang the recruiter today and she said shed get back to me.but
    Nothing yet ....

Advertisement