Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 purespecialbus

I'm the same got offered a location ages away
    And under €25 k as well. Got an email last night.
    Rang the recruiter today and she said shed get back to me.but
    Nothing yet ....

Sorry to hear that :( ..What happens then like? Do you just lose out on the job or did the recruiter say anything ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Shinny123

Just got the call... it's a no! At least I know now and can get on with ym weekend:)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭josieb

mil5nov wrote: »
    I rang aib 2h ago just to find out is it yes or no. Her answer "I have your file and we will contact you shortly". That was 2h ago. Couldn't she just say yes or no...

I cant understand why they have told some people and not others. She should have still told you if your in with a chance or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Shinny123 wrote: »
    Just got the call... it's a no! At least I know now and can get on with ym weekend:)

Sorry to hear. enjoy your weekend anyway! Hopefully I'll get the inevitable today too! Did they give you any feedback ?

sorry to hear that, did they say why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 fluff09

fluff09 wrote: »
    Hey pure, mine is bank official job. Whereabouts in cork you from? I am from cork living up here a few years.

Bishopstown friend :D .. Surely when I specified Cork city/suburbs for my location they wouldn't offer me elsewhere?? ..eek.. Hope I don't have to reject it.

I am from near ballincollig.... We're practically neighbours! :) I'd say you'll def get cork there are plenty of branches to choose from

She just said they felt my interview was very strong but that they felt there were stronger candidates and she will 'keep my cv on file'!
    Glad to know either way now anyway and can get back on the jobhunt:)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bear1234

She just said they felt my interview was very strong but that they felt there were stronger candidates and she will 'keep my cv on file'!

sorry to hear shinny. did you apply through a recruiter or directly to aib?

fluff09 wrote: »
    I am from near ballincollig.... We're practically neighbours! :) I'd say you'll def get cork there are plenty of branches to choose from

Skit :p .. I hope so.. still waiting on that email.

I'm staying positive though cause I stated in my interview the most I was willing to travel in one day to/from work was 50km or so.

Best of luck with the jobhunt, hopefully you will get something soon:)

• Advertisement

bear1234 wrote: »
    sorry to hear shinny. did you apply through a recruiter or directly to aib?

I applied through cpl recruiters! It was always a long shot im 21 ans just out of college! At least I gave it a go

Anyone else hear a NO yet??? I keep looking at phone now.

I applied through cpl recruiters! It was always a long shot im 21 ans just out of college! At least I gave it a go

that's who i'm waiting for a call from too! best of luck with the job hunt. at least that has given you alot of experience of how tough it can be

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mil5nov

I'm sorry shiny. So I suppose my "we will contact you shortly" will be a no as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭username84

Now I dont wamt a call! How can they reject people while still doing aptitude tests and another round? can they not use us? I think i'm destined to be unemployed forever

username84 wrote: »
    Now I dont wamt a call! How can they reject people while still doing aptitude tests and another round? can they not use us? I think i'm destined to be unemployed forever

I cant wait to hear what excuse they give me cause it can;t be lack of experience cause i have being working in customer service and administration roles for last 16 years. Cant understand why they dont offers us somewhere if the jobs are still there!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭username84

josieb wrote: »

I cant wait to hear what excuse they give me cause it can;t be lack of experience cause i have being working in customer service and administration roles for last 16 years. Cant understand why they dont offers us somewhere if the jobs are still there!:mad:
    Job hunting is becoming soul destroying

mil5nov wrote: »
    I'm sorry shiny. So I suppose my "we will contact you shortly" will be a no as well.

Don't give up hope:)
    Even my recruiter said she would of been on to me sooner but she was just waiting and hoping that something would change ... but no.

I've been looking for full time work since March 2011 .. I've had a handful of interviews. If I don't get offered a position in Cork for this bank job I am going to be devastated :mad: It's so disheartening. We are all due some good luck :)

Thats for sure. So sick of it now too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

Got call and email today with Offer for Dublin. No specific branch, Dublin North or West.
    Salary higher than people have mentioned on here.
    I wont be taking the position as a Bank Tellers job is not for me.I didn't apply for the job, a mate just passed on my CV.
    My interview was very strange as I slated banks in general and still got offered the job.
    Maybe my honesty is why I got offered the job.
    Best of luck in the future to all of you who are taking up the role and I hope that those who are still waiting, get the news they want.
    I hope my offer goes to someone who really wants it, the very best of luck.

Jumbo156 wrote: »
    Got call and email today with Offer for Dublin. No specific branch, Dublin North or West.
    Salary higher than people have mentioned on here.
    I wont be taking the position as a Bank Tellers job is not for me.I didn't apply for the job, a mate just passed on my CV.
    My interview was very strange as I slated banks in general and still got offered the job.
    Maybe my honesty is why I got offered the job.
    Best of luck in the future to all of you who are taking up the role and I hope that those who are still waiting, get the news they want.
    I hope my offer goes to someone who really wants it, the very best of luck.

Hi Jumbo! Well done regardless! That's where I said I would prefer although I gave no specifics! I hope I get your spot :) thanks for letting us know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Just got an email and I'm fuming. Was told yesterday that I would have one of my 3 specified locations and over 25k. Got the email with under 25k and a branch over 60 miles away, called the recruiter furious. She's now getting back onto the bank. I know a lot of people will be happy with any offer but I made it perfectly clear that I was only interested based on certain terms and this was clarified yesterday, so sickened

I'm the same got offered a location ages away
    And under €25 k as well. Got an email last night.
    Rang the recruiter today and she said shed get back to me.but
    Nothing yet ....

The recruiter said that because I mentioned in my interview that I currently work in Dublin that they probably took this to mean I wanted a Dublin branch, even though on my application in front of them it stated I wanted closer to home, seems to be very poorly managed IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Got the email salary is at the high end of the bracket but not too impressed with location tbh! 30 miles away on one of the worst roads in the county!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

bear1234 wrote: »
    Hi Jumbo! Well done regardless! That's where I said I would prefer although I gave no specifics! I hope I get your spot :) thanks for letting us know!

Hope you get it:)

One other thing that should be noted carefully, is that in the terms, it says that they can move you to any branch within Ireland with 2 weeks notice, and somebody said early that they do this quite often.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 douglywougly

Got the email salary is at the high end of the bracket but not too impressed with location tbh! 30 miles away on one of the worst roads in the county!

Oh no, that's rubbish :( Was it one of the ones you'd put down or just a complete random choice of theirs. I don't really understand how they've worked this out. Salaries seem to be up and down & not necessarily in line with experience. And locations seem to be spot on for some people and then completely randomly allocated for others. Very strange indeed

The whole process from start to now has been ALL OVER THE SHOP in my opinion

Where did you get placed ? U gonna take it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Awfull Lawfull

The recruiter said that because I mentioned in my interview that I currently work in Dublin that they probably took this to mean I wanted a Dublin branch, even though on my application in front of them it stated I wanted closer to home, seems to be very poorly managed IMHO

I gave three preferences in my interview and got none
    Of them... So not sure what will
    Happen now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 douglywougly

This is probably a silly question but does 'fixed term contractor' just mean bank official yeh? That's what it says on my contract...?

It is just baffling me about the branch placements. I got dundrum, my first choice, but I put down 7 possible branches, including dublin city centre in general (which has, what, at least 3 separate branches...) and would have been happy to take any of those. I feel a bit crappy that I got my first choice & others didn't get any :(

I live in Dundrum & was in the other week randomly and noted 4 new people already working there. I pretty much gave hope of getting dundrum because it's a small branch & as far as I can tell only about 15-20 people work there. It seems strange that they'd need even more new recruits? Anyone else noticed anything similar?

Advertisement