Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Couldn't have picked a more perfect branch! Absolutely over the moon

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

I'll accept it anyways but I'll see if I can change it after, i picked maybe 7 branches in galway and this was not one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Floof Face

This is probably a silly question but does 'fixed term contractor' just mean bank official yeh? That's what it says on my contract...?

It is just baffling me about the branch placements. I got dundrum, my first choice, but I put down 7 possible branches, including dublin city centre in general (which has, what, at least 3 separate branches...) and would have been happy to take any of those. I feel a bit crappy that I got my first choice & others didn't get any :(

I live in Dundrum & was in the other week randomly and noted 4 new people already working there. I pretty much gave hope of getting dundrum because it's a small branch & as far as I can tell only about 15-20 people work there. It seems strange that they'd need even more new recruits? Anyone else noticed anything similar?

"Fixed Term Contractor" just defines your contract. The contract is for 23 months only from start date so that's why its called a fixed term. ie there's a start date and end date.

I know its awful cos I got my second choice branch and others haven't gotten what they wanted. But it does say on the contract that "initially" you will be placed in XXX Branch so maybe theres a possibility you will be moved somewhere more convienient if you're not happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Floof Face

Just out of curiosity did anyone else get a branch in Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ffoxylady

There hardly still calling ppl at this time r they? I'm tired of waiting for the phone to ring at this stage:( an from the number of ppl already offered jobs it's not lookin good for the rest of us:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭username84

ffoxylady wrote: »
    There hardly still calling ppl at this time r they? I'm tired of waiting for the phone to ring at this stage:( an from the number of ppl already offered jobs it's not lookin good for the rest of us:(

No it's not is it? I VERY much doubt they would ring people at this late stage. So sad, you know I REALLY thought I had it too.

If those who got the jobs don't mind, and don't find me too nosy - what kind of work exp/qualifications do you have?

I'm not trying to be nosy, I just have the feeling that there were a lot of highly qualified people in there!!!

Anyone think we would be able to go in for the next round of interviews??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 n3a

mil5nov wrote: »
    I rang aib 2h ago just to find out is it yes or no. Her answer "I have your file and we will contact you shortly". That was 2h ago. Couldn't she just say yes or no...

im too scared to call them first :x

n3a wrote: »
    im too scared to call them first :x
    I spoke with mine - yesterday she still didn't have the results

Today I sent an email and she said she still had no news - I guess she would be inundated with people ringing and emailing had she given the truth!

I think it's fair to say the positions are gone

How do they fill the ones people have refused now? Do they mix and match from existing yes candidates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 n3a

i applied directly 2 AIB ....
    and about the part that ppl r rejecting AIB's offers - personally i hope that AIB is just re-viewing the ppl which still didnt get a call.... like they would separate us in 3 groups , a YES, a NO and a MAYBE group so that the MAYBE group would get the offers from the unhappy YES group :P

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mil5nov

Don't know. I'm just annoyed that when I rang she said she has my file and will contact me shortly. That was at 3pm and since then still no call and probably there won't be any until Tue. Why couldn't she tell me, at least I would have peaceful Easter, and now I will be stressed out for the whole time. They are off tomorrow in aib, aren't they?

• Advertisement

mil5nov wrote: »
    Don't know. I'm just annoyed that when I rang she said she has my file and will contact me shortly. That was at 3pm and since then still no call and probably there won't be any until Tue. Why couldn't she tell me, at least I would have peaceful Easter, and now I will be stressed out for the whole time. They are off tomorrow in aib, aren't they?

I also presume CPL and Careers Reg are off too - we will deffo not be hearing till Tuesday.

And even then I'd say they'll be slow cause they will all be busy will successul candidates

Seriously WHY are thy RETESTING and interviewing?????

username84 wrote: »
    No it's not is it? I VERY much doubt they would ring people at this late stage. So sad, you know I REALLY thought I had it too.

If those who got the jobs don't mind, and don't find me too nosy - what kind of work exp/qualifications do you have?

I'm not trying to be nosy, I just have the feeling that there were a lot of highly qualified people in there!!!

Anyone think we would be able to go in for the next round of interviews??

Ive 14 years retail experience and 7 of those I'm management positions. And a honours degree

username84 wrote: »
    I also presume CPL and Careers Reg are off too - we will deffo not be hearing till Tuesday.

And even then I'd say they'll be slow cause they will all be busy will successul candidates

Seriously WHY are thy RETESTING and interviewing?????

With the skill set of people available there obviously waiting to get the right people in

That came across awful ****ey. There's a lot of people out there with lots of experience so they may be waiting to see what's available. Friend of mine interviewed back in jan and was offered a job this week so don't give up

That came across awful ****ey. There's a lot of people out there with lots of experience so they may be waiting to see what's available. Friend of mine interviewed back in jan and was offered a job this week so don't give up

Ha! Thanks for letting me know your exp and qualifications too - I know that was a cheeky question to ask - you just kind of want to know what it was you did wrong you know! Cause I knew I had a good interview etc!

What kind of job was your friend interviewed for?

Branch banking also so don't give up hope yet

Branch banking also so don't give up hope yet

Forgot to ad congrats :)

And serious congrats to everyone who did get through - over the moon of you all, and hope you have a great Easter!

No problem, I didn't think I got it felt I was way over confident in interview but we hopefully it all works out for everyone it's a pain waiting but I couldn't be happier I hate my current job my manager is a nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

Here is my take on it, and sorry for those who are still waiting.
    I got offered a place that I hope someone else will get.

The starting salary is 24k,I was offered a lot more.

I couldnt take it because:

1. I have a wife and kids and AIB could move me to Kerry( I live in Dublin) at 2 weeks notice.

2. I have a problem with the fact that AIB are making 2,500 people redundant and we are supposed to be filling in for a lot cheaper.

3. It is only a 23 month contract and after that they let us go, and start recruiting again.

To all you 20 plus people out there, enjoy it but remember, once you have the experience, the world is your oyster.

Best of luck to all...

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cornerforward13

I still didnt get my offer email... Worried.

• Advertisement

Mine came at 6 yesterday, id imagine there are still a few working in hr today to clear the backlog so don't worry. Going to try tackle the mountain of forms this weekend!

Mine came at 6 yesterday, id imagine there are still a few working in hr today to clear the backlog so don't worry. Going to try tackle the mountain of forms this weekend!

If you are talking about aib hr, then I wouldn't count on it. I rang them few times on few extensions and nobody is answering. I'm left with "I have your file" for the weekend and tried to find out something more but with no luck so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 41 gaza711

I didn't get email either I guess tuesday now so..annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 46 douglywougly

3. It is only a 23 month contract and after that they let us go, and start recruiting again.

What indication have you been given that this would be the case? Why would a business spend time & resources recruiting 2,500 new employees to let them go after the 23 month contract expires? It makes no financial sense whatsoever. Obviously some people will not have their contracts extended, such is always the case. But for those of us (most of us on here i think?!) looking a shot at a new career I find your remark incredibly condescending.

I also fail to notice the relevance of your potential salary to the conversation when you're not taking up the job. Lots of us got offered above the 24k. Again, given the number of people applying for the positions & their diverse skills & experience, it is inevitable.

Jumbo156 wrote: »
    Here is my take on it, and sorry for those who are still waiting.
    I got offered a place that I hope someone else will get.

The starting salary is 24k,I was offered a lot more.

I couldnt take it because:

1. I have a wife and kids and AIB could move me to Kerry( I live in Dublin) at 2 weeks notice.

2. I have a problem with the fact that AIB are making 2,500 people redundant and we are supposed to be filling in for a lot cheaper.

To all you 20 plus people out there, enjoy it but remember, once you have the experience, the world is your oyster.

Best of luck to all...
    With the greatest of respect, why go through the selection process if you clearly feel the job is beneath you?? It enrages me to think that you have potentially deprived somebody else of a start in life. Why cost aib time and money corresponding with you? This job may potentially open some excellent doors for people. It baffles me as to why you even applied in the first place. Good luck to you

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭josieb

I think anyways if they do relocate you to different branches it be within in a certain distance of where u are living cause they wouldn;t have gone to the trouble of asking people where they want to be located and they will take into consideration if you have a family so they won;t move you to other end of country!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 purespecialbus

Didn't get my offer email yet either when recruitment said I would get it yesterday.. Annoying !

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Danger Mouse Ahead

To all those that have been successful fair play to you...I have a friend that works in AIB and she absolutely loves it. She is based in Dublin but at times she has to travel to different parts of the country during the day and then heads back to Dublin but she still loves her job. I had an interview during the week but dont think I sold myself enough....but heres hoping anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ckell081

Hi All,

Just thought I'd let you all know that I applied for the AIB Branch Jobs a few months ago, got through the aptitude test, and was forced to go through the waiting game that is the offers.

For two days people were writing on here saying that they had got offers, and eventually the rejection offers came.

I feel for all of those who are left waiting until after Easter to find out how they got on, there is nothing worse.

My advice to those of you who are still waiting is to keep your eyes peeled for other things too over Easter.

I eventually was unsuccessful, but have since found an amazing opportunity in Google to make the rejection less painful.

I know its hard to keep going, but you will get there in the end, keep the heads up !! :)

• Advertisement

Your post just convinced me even more that only left after Easter are rejection calls... :(

Advertisement