Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭josieb

I am going to try and stay positive for weekend because I reckon if we were def NO's they would have tolds us since some peolple has got no already. There is two people on here from previous interviews that said they had to wait few weeks before being offer a job so I am going to hang onto this small bit of hope and say alot of prays over the weekend for good news:)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭josieb

Couldn't have picked a more perfect branch! Absolutely over the moon

Did you get castlebar or westport??

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ckell081

mil5nov wrote: »
    Your post just convinced me even more that only left after Easter are rejection calls... :(

Hi sorry I didnt mean to crush any hope, all I meant was try not to obsess over Easter, cause theres nothing you can do about it, so enjoy yourself, and if its a yes then great and if not, there are still companys hiring so dont panic..

Sorry if i upset anyone that was not my intention at all... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

josieb wrote: »
    Couldn't have picked a more perfect branch! Absolutely over the moon

Did you get castlebar or westport??
    Westport!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 n3a

ckell081 wrote: »
    My advice to those of you who are still waiting is to keep your eyes peeled for other things too over Easter.

I eventually was unsuccessful, but have since found an amazing opportunity in Google to make the rejection less painful.

I know its hard to keep going, but you will get there in the end, keep the heads up !! :)

this is going 2 sound bad :D but as i have recently graduated working 4 a bank is just a way 2 gain valuable experiences and if i would get a job in Google than that would be a dream come true :P u know that in Google 1st stage of recruitment is being made by Americans, right? as i have been talking with some1 from google it seams like they are advertising jobs minimum 6 month before they will even create them in the specific location ;)

josieb wrote: »
    I am going to try and stay positive for weekend because I reckon if we were def NO's they would have tolds us since some peolple has got no already. There is two people on here from previous interviews that said they had to wait few weeks before being offer a job so I am going to hang onto this small bit of hope and say alot of prays over the weekend for good news:)

i agree with you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

With the greatest of respect, why go through the selection process if you clearly feel the job is beneath you?? It enrages me to think that you have potentially deprived somebody else of a start in life. Why cost aib time and money corresponding with you? This job may potentially open some excellent doors for people. It baffles me as to why you even applied in the first place. Good luck to you

Sorry you feel that way.
    How have I deprived somebody else a start in life. Surely the next person in line gets my offer, and I really hope that it does open some excellent doors for he or she.

I have said in previous posts, I didn't apply and I asked AIB numerous times what the job was and each time I was told that there was loads of different job.
    It was only at the interview that it was confirmed to me that the Job was a tellers job, absolutely no disrepect to this position but I have spent the last 10 + years working in IT so the tellers job wouldn't be of interest to me.
    I absolutely nowhere stated that the job was beneath me or anyone else.

Best of luck in the future ( and I am by no means being condcending when I say this).

• Registered Users Posts: 36 fluff09

Hi everyone. Just a quick question. On my offer letter it says two references.. is that written or providing them with contact details. Thank you

fluff09 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Just a quick question. On my offer letter it says two references.. is that written or providing them with contact details. Thank you
    Hi fluff, I had provided contact numbers but my understanding of the way they had it phrased in the letter are written references. One is my secondary school principal and schools are closed, ah well ill just have to stalk his house :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 purespecialbus

fluff09 wrote: »

I haven't gotten my email yet with location or salary etc but I would imagine their contact details as my interviewers said to me that if i was successful they would be ringing both of mine

• Registered Users Posts: 46 douglywougly

I think it's definitely contact details, I will only be writing 2 contact numbers for each reference on a page & sending that with my mountain of other forms. A written reference is usually only required in academic circumstances I think...?

• Advertisement

In my interview I gave one current employer and one academic. My academic will barely remember me I'd say haha.

Also, what's included in the mountain of paperwork ? Just curious..

• Registered Users Posts: 46 douglywougly

about 5 different forms/questionnaires that need to be completed. I had a browse through them all last night & swear I signed my name at least 10 times!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 fluff09

Thanks for your help everyone. I will just write down names and contact numbers too. Much easier that trying to get written ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

the recuiter rang me yesterday and said i should have an emial.still have not got one. or anything in the post..should i be geting worried?

geez wrote: »
    the recuiter rang me yesterday and said i should have an emial.still have not got one. or anything in the post..should i be geting worried?

I'm the same as you.. Tuesday now hopefully we will get our location,salary etc

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ckell081

n3a wrote: »
    this is going 2 sound bad :D but as i have recently graduated working 4 a bank is just a way 2 gain valuable experiences and if i would get a job in Google than that would be a dream come true :P u know that in Google 1st stage of recruitment is being made by Americans, right? as i have been talking with some1 from google it seams like they are advertising jobs minimum 6 month before they will even create them in the specific location ;)

Well when I applied to AIB, it was for the same reason, financial more than that I had a desire to work there, and I think that came through in the interview, I felt it did anyway.

Well the job I applied for in Google was advertised last month with a specific location and I start Tuesday with many others :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 gaza711

I'm the same as you.. Tuesday now hopefully we will get our location,salary etc
    Im in the same boat lads Tuesday is so far away...they better not stiff me on location..this has been a long process to say the least:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭username84

For those of us still waiting on results - they were stin INTERVIEWING on Thursday - so ya never know.............. *fingers, toes and eyes FIRMLY crossed*

gaza711 wrote: »
    Im in the same boat lads Tuesday is so far away...they better not stiff me on location..this has been a long process to say the least:rolleyes:

That's what I'm most nervous about ... Did you specify where you wanted to be placed? If I got through the application, the aptitude test AND was successful in the interview.. Ill be GUTTED if i have to reject the job cause they cant offer me Cork :mad: tut

That's what I'm most nervous about ... Did you specify where you wanted to be placed? If I got through the application, the aptitude test AND was successful in the interview.. Ill be GUTTED if i have to reject the job cause they cant offer me Cork :mad: tut
    I wouldn't worry too much, I got lovely placement exactly where I wanted. They take your preference into consideration and try to accommodate you. I know not everybody is happy with their branch but cest la vie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Awfull Lawfull

The recruiter said that because I mentioned in my interview that I currently work in Dublin that they probably took this to mean I wanted a Dublin branch, even though on my application in front of them it stated I wanted closer to home, seems to be very poorly managed IMHO

So what are you going to
    Do ? I didn't hear back from the recruiter, after that
    On Thursday. So I don't know if they can offer me anywhere else ..
    Did you hear any more ?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 gaza711

snap im the exact same...really excited/dreading this email...i specified Waterford/Killkenny or anywhere commutable from Waterford within reason..it would be gutting to have to say no as im on an internship at the moment and i detest it lol..i really hope u get cork say a prayer i get waterford ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cornerforward13

snap im the exact same...really excited/dreading this email...i specified Waterford/Killkenny or anywhere commutable from Waterford within reason..it would be gutting to have to say no as im on an internship at the moment and i detest it lol..i really hope u get cork say a prayer i get waterford ;)
    Me 3, really want it to be commuting distance from home... I am playing sport to a high enough standard at home and they did bring that up with me in the interview and went through the locations I would be able to travel to... Hope thats a good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

The recruiter said that because I mentioned in my interview that I currently work in Dublin that they probably took this to mean I wanted a Dublin branch, even though on my application in front of them it stated I wanted closer to home, seems to be very poorly managed IMHO

So what are you going to
    Do ? I didn't hear back from the recruiter, after that
    On Thursday. So I don't know if they can offer me anywhere else ..
    Did you hear any more ?

Haven't heard back from her, hope to hear on Tuesday, I'm half thinking of rejecting it either way now because of the way they've messed around.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Awfull Lawfull

Haven't heard back from her, hope to hear on Tuesday, I'm half thinking of rejecting it either way now because of the way they've messed around.

Originally I was thinking no way, but now I'm kinda
    Rethinking.. It would be a 50 minute drive each way .
    It's hard to know what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Originally I was thinking no way, but now I'm kinda
    Rethinking.. It would be a 50 minute drive each way .
    It's hard to know what to do

It does need serious consideration bit the way I'm thinking now is, if they care this little about where you want to work in the first place what's stopping them moving us further afield with 2 weeks notice, a 50 minute drive wouldn't be too bad, where I'm working now is an hour and a quarter away, the branch they have offered me is a further 30mins of a drive

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Loughgirl

Ok I see a lot of confusion here so I'm going to try clear it up..I went through this process a 2months ago got the job and am working now.There are two types of roles 1.branch official which is teller/customer official looking at24-25k salary ,and then the graduate role which is NOT TELLER,the grad position won't even undergo the teller training so you will know pretty quickly when you have your induction.The grad job is near 29k,and everyone gets the same,even if hey say your getting more...trust me your not!!!
    BEWARE there is a certain amount of training,prob 1-2weeks for teller,but 6 months for graduate,which will be three two month stints in different locations.Dont let that put you off though as they do try to accommodate you,so don't reject based on that,and the training really does help.The grad job is very demanding and a lot is expected, but it's a fantastic opportunity and I'm really enjoying it at the moment so really go for it!You will also have to do exams regardless of position,they make everyone do them.
    I got my first preference of location,and again they will try and suit you.My advice is on day one of the induction in Dublin if you are unhappy about the location bring it up an ask!!
    Don't believe all you read on this thread,definately go with the flow,and if after a few weeks if your not happy leave but don't not do it based on something here!Best of luck with it,it's an exciting time and a great chance,there won't be many more like these coming up I can tell you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

Loughgirl wrote: »
    Ok I see a lot of confusion here so I'm going to try clear it up..I went through this process a 2months ago got the job and am working now.There are two types of roles 1.branch official which is teller/customer official looking at24-25k salary ,and then the graduate role which is NOT TELLER,the grad position won't even undergo the teller training so you will know pretty quickly when you have your induction.The grad job is near 29k,and everyone gets the same,even if hey say your getting more...trust me your not!!!
    BEWARE there is a certain amount of training,prob 1-2weeks for teller,but 6 months for graduate,which will be three two month stints in different locations.Dont let that put you off though as they do try to accommodate you,so don't reject based on that,and the training really does help.The grad job is very demanding and a lot is expected, but it's a fantastic opportunity and I'm really enjoying it at the moment so really go for it!You will also have to do exams regardless of position,they make everyone do them.
    I got my first preference of location,and again they will try and suit you.My advice is on day one of the induction in Dublin if you are unhappy about the location bring it up an ask!!
    Don't believe all you read on this thread,definately go with the flow,and if after a few weeks if your not happy leave but don't not do it based on something here!Best of luck with it,it's an exciting time and a great chance,there won't be many more like these coming up I can tell you!!

Thanks Loughgirl!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Great stuff thanks Loughgirl! Purplespecialbus i saw in an earlier post that you were dealing with Aileen, so am i so will ya lemme know when u get the email on Tues?:)

• Advertisement

geez wrote: »
    Great stuff thanks Loughgirl! Purplespecialbus i saw in an earlier post that you were dealing with Aileen, so am i so will ya lemme know when u get the email on Tues?:)

I'm dealing with emer not aileen.. But yes when I get the email or hear anything at all ill fill you in :)

Advertisement