Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 fluff09

con2323 wrote: »
    Starting 30th April! Corner, I took certified to mean having college stamp etc, I sent them off signed and stamped by the university

ya i just got a call from my recruiter ( its possible we have the same 1) she offered me 3 dates april 30th may 8th and something else so took the first one, i asked re training - likely that will start straight away

Hi all which recruiter have you been dealing with. Really want to confirm start date, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lolser

Has anyone dealing directly with AIB been given a start date yet??I really just wana get started now, thinking about it makes me so nervous though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 gaza711

con2323 wrote: »
    ya i just got a call from my recruiter ( its possible we have the same 1) she offered me 3 dates april 30th may 8th and something else so took the first one, i asked re training - likely that will start straight away

I got email from careers register asking me which date i wanted, I opted for 30th April cause I wanna start already ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Harki

any1 here did the test today?? what time?? coz i saw other people leaving before 11.
    how did u find it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Got an email from aib asking about my start date. I replied telling them in no uncertain terms that I would not be accepting there offer. I stopped short of telling them how I was offended by their paltry offer (€11000 less than I currently make and 60 miles north of where I had requested)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Anyone received their actual contract yet??

I wish my recruiter would hurry up and call me about the start date. I told aib when they emailed that my first available start date is 8th May so maybe they are taken that as a given. I just want everything confirmed as I feel like I am in limbo! :-) I think the nerves are getting to me!

I'm the same want to hand in my notice tomo so might call them after 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6 daz1

Hey guys just found this forum. Its a pity it took so long. Got an offer with AIB sent all my stuff back. Theres a few bits i needed to do so a bit of a delay as they didnt receive my college cert even though i brought it to the interview they wanted another copy. I rang recruitment company today and she is after putting me down for a start date of 30th April subject to eveything being completed by AIB and she will confirm this in the next day or two. I would ring the recruiter cos they have so many people at the min trying to sort its important to stay in touch as much as you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 xx0xx

Hi all,
    My employer got a call from AIB in regards to the references so I take it they are calling referees now.

• Advertisement

I asked aib Friday could they let me know today so I could hand in my notice tomorrow and to call them again today when I did said it could be next week.. This waiting is annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lolser

I asked aib Friday could they let me know today so I could hand in my notice tomorrow and to call them again today when I did said it could be next week.. This waiting is annoying!

Next week before we know our start dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

• Im glad they have finally started calling references i keep asking mine but they still havent been called. I havnt been given a start date either..i hate all the waiting...if your references are called will ya post here....im mad to get things going!

Has anyone who's been offered a position handed in there notice yet?

Hey shooter I handed it my notice as one of my references is my current employer. I didn't want them to get a shock when aib called!

fluff09 wrote: »
    Hey shooter I handed it my notice as one of my references is my current employer. I didn't want them to get a shock when aib called!

I dunno what to do, I know my references are good but god forbid anything happens that they decide to pull the contracts I don't want to be stuck with no job!

fluff09 wrote: »

I dunno what to do, I know my references are good but god forbid anything happens that they decide to pull the contracts I don't want to be stuck with no job!

I know I was thinking about that too. But because I have to give a months notice I thought I should do it so that'd I'd be free in may to start. Maybe get in contact with your recruiter and speak to her about it. Maybe she can help speed things up if she knows you are waiting to hand in your notice.

But I was onto aib on Friday and girl said shed rush through the application and when I rang today another girl wouldn't transfer me over and said it might be start of next week when I'll know

I wonder why its taking so long. I am going to ring my recruiter tomorrow and I will let you know if I get any useful info

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Hey Umaro and anyone waiting to hear back from April 2nd. I spoke to my recruiter and he said he spoke to someone in AIB and they have not gotten the results back from our tests yet, that the company doing them is being very slow this time for some reason. Apparently they are eager to interview soon.

I'll let you know if I hear more. Has anyone else heard anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 LINDUB

I sat the aptitude test for aib on Monday(the easier one!) and got a call today for an interview next week, can anyone who's done the interview recently give me some hints as to what they will ask? Thanks guys!:)

I got a call too from the recruiter today. Passed, but still no interview date set yet so waiting for the next call by the end of the week. Any hints regarding interview would be nice. Where does it take place, aib hq or neutral ground, how many people interview, aib hr or recruiting company also. I was told to keep my educational certs with me all the time so I'm guessing for interview too. What questions do they ask, regarding my past, aib or maybe some more logical/mathematical tests?

thx

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bestformthebest

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Hi folks,,

Ive been called for aptitude testing on monday the 16th..

Have any of ye been through this before???

:)
    Hi,
    I was told the same, to go for it at 16th, but then they changed the date to next weeks wed. Did U did on 16th or did they changed this for next week as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Floof Face

Hi guys!

Congrats on getting to interview stage! Here's the low down from what happened at my interview:

It was in Tara Towers Hotel in Booterstown about 3 weeks ago. There were 6or 7 people being interviewed during the same time slot but by different interviewers. All the interviewers are lovely. You all wait in the one room until you are called. Wear a full proper suit with tie for men and full suit or formal dress and jacket for the girls. Appearances mean a lot to AIB especially if you're goin for Branch roles. If you smoke then don't have one until after interview! Nothin as bad as someone smelling of smoke going into interview! :p

As for the interview itself it is very informal. They ask you to go through your CV from the beginning which gives you plenty of scope to talk about yourself and your skills and strengths. The only questions I was asked directly were 'tell me what you know about AIB and why you want to work here' 'tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer' 'what is your opinion of the services AIB provide and how would you improve them' and 'what are your hobbies' all the rest of the time was just me talking about my experience and myself.

Like I said it is very informal in the types of questions and the interviewers put you totally at ease. It was the most relaxed interview I've ever done! :)

Do your research on AIB and make sure you focus your interview on how great your customer service and sales skills are and try not to answer questions the way they would expect. Obviously answer them in the most professional way but try to make your personality shine. If you are going for a Branch position you have to be aware that you will potentially be the face of the bank to its customers and it's important to instill confidence back into the banks customers so that is what you will be hoping to do!

Main advice just be yourself and make sure you keep stressing how much you want to work in the bank!

Best of luck guys!! :D

Hey Lindub and Harki

Where did you do your apptitude test? Was it in the IFSC? Hope I hear today!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LINDUB

I sat mine in wesley hall on the monday, hopefully you'll hear by the end of the week CavanGal!

LINDUB wrote: »
    I sat mine in wesley hall on the monday, hopefully you'll hear by the end of the week CavanGal!

Me too! Considering the lady told us we would know 4 days after the test!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 douglywougly

For those who've been offered a position, my reference just told me they'd been contacted so the ball is finally rolling it would seem :)

That's good to hear. I was talking to recruiter yesterday and she couldn't give me much info really. I gave her my start date and that's about it. Will have to sit and wait it out I suppose!

• Advertisement

CavanGal wrote: »
    Hey Lindub and Harki

Where did you do your apptitude test? Was it in the IFSC? Hope I hear today!

I did mine in Wesley house, big room with 40-50 people sitting. Was told to hear by the end of the week, glad was notified on wed ;) now waiting for an interview date.

Advertisement