Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 douglywougly

Gracie, the woman on the phone today said I'd have the email by the end of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lolser

No I got the call today wit training info but didn't get the follow up email I was meant to get after with the details!

the lady I was talking to said i'd get an email by the end of the week, probably thursday so I wouldn't worry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 twirlforfun

I will be moving to dublin soon to start work in the Ballsbridge office and I am wondering can anyone advise where the easiest location to live would be, taking into account walking, bus or DART.

Any help would be great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 xx0xx

I am Gracie, but I told them if start the 8th so maybe there dealing with next weeks starters.. None of my references have been called yet weather there calling everyone's or not I dunno!

I was called today to start on the 30th but I couldnt start on this date, so the woman rang back and told me that it was confirmed i was starting on the 8th of May but she was still waiting on details on this date.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Awfull Lawfull

I'm training in Dublin Monday, Tuesday and wednesday.Is it casual dress does anyone know and will we be paid for it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 daz1

Hey training in Dublin just found out yesterday in Ballsbridge for three days. I think we get our weeks salary but definetely not our expenses. I asked the girl in aib would accommodation or anything be provided and she said no that it wouldnt that it is up to ourselves.

Thanks daz1 . So will we get paid at the end
    Of the week ?

Thanks daz1 . So will we get paid at the end
    Of the week ?
    aib pay monthly so it'll depend on the next pay day bt i doubt it wil be are at end of week

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Im going training too Monday, Tues and Wed and to the branch then Thursday...Dunno what im going to do for accomodation for three days bit of a pain..I also dunno what to wear????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ConquersAll

I got told today aswell training in Dublin next mon, tues and weds and then back down to my branch on thurs. Whats the story with accommodation? Do we pay ourselves or can we claim back expenses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Seriouslylike

Hi I'm also goin 2 Dublin on Monday for training and am just wondering if anyone has found reasonable accomodation for the couple of days? I don't want to b spending a bomb if it's not goin 2 b reimbursed. Also any information on the dress code would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

If in doubt wear a suit I guess!

Yea I suppose your probably right!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

I got told today aswell training in Dublin next mon, tues and weds and then back down to my branch on thurs. Whats the story with accommodation? Do we pay ourselves or can we claim back expenses?

It seems AIB dont pay any expenses for the training bit of a pain really guna have to get a hotel or 3 nights and its guna be expensive. What involved in the training does anybody know?

I'd say clother wise I'd say smart business clothes for the first day anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 blondiefairy

I'm in Dublin for training Mon, Tues and Wed too, and down to branch on Thursday.
    I was told Bewley's Hotel Monday, then Grand Canal Hotel the other days, is everyone in the same place? I guess it's a suit for Monday, and hopefully more casual for the other days!
    If anyone has any plans for accommodation, could you let us know? Thanks everyone, best of luck! ;)

I can't understand why some people's training is 5 days & in a bank and others is 3 days & and in a hotel??

I can't understand why some people's training is 5 days & in a bank and others is 3 days & and in a hotel??

Maybe different positions? Maybe people in different branches need to be trained differently due to the services provided in branches? IDK though. Are you going for Branch Official?:)

Yeah it's the branch official I'm going for & I'm being placed in a pretty small branch. Plus how can ya really train for the role in a hotel?! All will become clear on Monday I suppose :)

It said in my email that it was induction, nothing was mentioned about training.

• Advertisement

It said in my email that it was induction, nothing was mentioned about training.

Mine says the same, I assume induction and training are fairly interchangeable terms in this case, especially because it's three days. But it might just be induction, with training in branch...

We could speculate all day, we will find out on Monday..

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Yeah it's the branch official I'm going for & I'm being placed in a pretty small branch. Plus how can ya really train for the role in a hotel?! All will become clear on Monday I suppose :)
    Googled both hotels they have good conference type facilities

Hey guys are ye staying in any of the hotels. I was thinking of staying in grand canal as both hotels are fairly near. It is expensive enough both are in or around €75 -€80 per night

Just wondering if anyone knows what day of the month AIB pay?

daz1 wrote: »
    Hey guys are ye staying in any of the hotels. I was thinking of staying in grand canal as both hotels are fairly near. It is expensive enough both are in or around €75 -€80 per night
    I'm Staying in the balls bridge hotel. Got three nights for 185 and that's for two breakfast.
    If that's any help :) I'm not sure how near it is to bewleys and the grand canal hotel....

I wouldn't stay in the Grand Canal if I were you,I used to work there part time a year ago and it wasn't great then and from the people I know still workinf there it's gotten worse!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 con2323

does anybody know what the official dress code is for training?

lolser wrote: »
    Hey guys are ye staying in any of the hotels. I was thinking of staying in grand canal as both hotels are fairly bnear. It is expensive enough both are in or around €75 -€80 per night

I wouldn't stay in the Grand Canal if I were you,I used to work there part time a year ago and it wasn't great then and from the people I know still workinf there it's gotten worse!!
    thanks fr advice hun dnt tink ill book netin till i get up there so and see what the story is and where majority are stayin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cute6guru

What times are the training on each day need to know for buses etc

Advertisement