Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

Bit of a pisstake alrite, hopefully be worth it all corner

will hopefully its not a job and its a career for all. I know its my last option and if it doesnt work out im out of this island of gloom forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lolser

Do those who did the 3 day induction not have to do the 5 day teller training too?

Yeah you have to do both, I've been doing the teller training this week and then induction next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

lolser wrote: »
    Yeah you have to do both, I've been doing the teller training this week and then induction next week!

Didn't hear anything about teller training!!

Didn't hear anything about teller training!!

You have to do both, it might not be straight away, could be in a few weeks when you do it but you will def do it, our trainer told us everyone does it at some stage when they start.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 douglywougly

Been doing the teller training too, how are you finding it? There's 8 in my group. Are you Herbert park hotel next week? So did those who did the 3
    Day induction have a good first day at work in their branch?!

• Advertisement

Been doing the teller training too, how are you finding it? There's 8 in my group. Are you Herbert park hotel next week? So did those who did the 3
    Day induction have a good first day at work in their branch?!

There's 6 in my group we're out in blanchardstown, i think it's grand so far it doesnt have me too worried anyway! yeah in the Herbert park next week from tuesday through to thursday and then in the branch on friday. I think there will be about 30 of us next for induction!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Redcarpet

Hey guys, was just wondering how many days after the interview were people contacted with a yes/ no answer?

Were people that were successful waiting long to hear back?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭GOODME

Spunk84 wrote: »
    Just asking for other info than Wat I found,why u not doing the interview

I did not apply I thank God I have a job. I only said I am not doing the interview so that you know I am not one of the applicants.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kirwanco

Redcarpet wrote: »
    Hey guys, was just wondering how many days after the interview were people contacted with a yes/ no answer?

Were people that were successful waiting long to hear back?

I heard back yesterday that I'd been successful and my interview was only on Tuesday!! If you haven't heard anything though I wouldn't worry too much - they were interviewing until this evening and being a bank holiday they may be deliberating over the weekend so it could be a little while before you hear anything. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 fluff09

Hey all, anyone who did induction last week and started in branch, how did you get on. Any details would be appreciated! Also is induction a black pants and nice top/shirt affair, or a full on suit? Thank you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 douglywougly

Anybody know when pay day is yet??

the 25th!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bestformthebest

i think it's last friday of month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 purespecialbus

I was emailed my password for the IOB student portal .. any ideas as to how I get my membership number so I can log in ???....

I was emailed my password for the IOB student portal .. any ideas as to how I get my membership number so I can log in ???....

you should have gotten two emails, it's in the first email!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Harki

Hi,
    to every1 who already started good luck, to all of U who still wait your answer even more luck. I've been accepted for Swords Call Centre. I received email with my contract, medical form, pre-employment form ect.
    Should I get it by regular mail also(in a paper form) or print it myself, sign and send back to them? If do-it-yourself then what goes where? As on the forms? I've noticed at least 3 different addresses on the forms.
    Thx for any feedback

Harki wrote: »
    Hi,
    to every1 who already started good luck, to all of U who still wait your answer even more luck. I've been accepted for Swords Call Centre. I received email with my contract, medical form, pre-employment form ect.
    Should I get it by regular mail also(in a paper form) or print it myself, sign and send back to them? If do-it-yourself then what goes where? As on the forms? I've noticed at least 3 different addresses on the forms.
    Thx for any feedback

Fair play to you and congratulations Harki - looks like I'll be working with you in Swords!! I was a bit confused about this too. I replied with an email to confirm I wanted the job and am available to start on 28th May. I'm going to print off te stuff and send it to them - it's to the address on the conditional offer letter - it should have your name marked on it.

The lady I dealt with in the recruitment agency said to call her when I got the email from AIB, so I'll give her a bell tomorrow. There's also a number on the letter you can ring to get through to AIB's HR department if you're stuck.

Good luck!

Harki wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thx for any feedback

I guess we will all be working together in swords;)Still haven't received my forms yet but the recruiter emailed them already to say that i will be accepting their offer. Email maybe out tomorrow as they were interviewing until Friday....Just cant wait until i start now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 CurlieSue

i have the test friday morning, anyone else doing it that day? :o

CurlieSue wrote: »
    i have the test friday morning, anyone else doing it that day? :o
    QFA? or aptitude test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 CurlieSue

the aptitude test :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Floof Face

Hi guys!

Anyone starting training/induction on Monday 14th been contacted yet? Do you know where it's on and for how long?? I haven't been told yet! Or anyone who has done the training where has it been on? Just trying to organise accommodation!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 coogee123

Hey guys. Did anybody out there do the aptitude last week in Wesley House for the Customer Service Call Centre position? I have been called for the interview. I see some of you guys have already started in Swords.. I was just wondering what is it like? I previously worked in a call centre in Sydney, however I was the receptionist... the staff used to tell me how much they hated it and I'm scared now! I finished my Masters 4 years ago in a completely unrelated field to banking.. I'm a qualified town planner but I am interested in banking.. I did want to work in a Branch eventually. Does anybody know if working in the call centre would be a good starting point to eventually get into a bank or is there any chance of career progression in this job. I'm already 26.. don't want to waste anymore time working in areas with no possibility to progression... as bad as that may sound to some. I would actually like to get a career going at some point! Any advice would be great. Thanks!

coogee123 wrote: »
    Hey guys. Did anybody out there do the aptitude last week in Wesley House for the Customer Service Call Centre position? I have been called for the interview. I see some of you guys have already started in Swords.. I was just wondering what is it like? I previously worked in a call centre in Sydney, however I was the receptionist... the staff used to tell me how much they hated it and I'm scared now! I finished my Masters 4 years ago in a completely unrelated field to banking.. I'm a qualified town planner but I am interested in banking.. I did want to work in a Branch eventually. Does anybody know if working in the call centre would be a good starting point to eventually get into a bank or is there any chance of career progression in this job. I'm already 26.. don't want to waste anymore time working in areas with no possibility to progression... as bad as that may sound to some. I would actually like to get a career going at some point! Any advice would be great. Thanks!

you are JUST 26!!! I know lot of people changing all carrier after 40 :D so all life ahead
    we didnt started, we just got till the point that we have an offer, now we are waiting for more to have this offer :) maybe you :)
    all of those questions would be nice to talk to in the actuall interview
    best of luck, so we can be workmates ;)

Got the email, does anyone know do you have to send all the documents in or do you wait until your called for either the end of May or June induction ? Mine says send 3 documents into place a,b,c but cpl said AIB will call a week before the start date

Spunk84 wrote: »
    Got the email, does anyone know do you have to send all the documents in or do you wait until your called for either the end of May or June induction ? Mine says send 3 documents into place a,b,c but cpl said AIB will call a week before the start date
    read carefully your email from AIB, what's there, if there is tah you have to send, then send it away

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭McGaz23

Hi All,

I only just came across this thread, I'm due to start in call center in Swords on the 28th like a few others here. has anyone heard how many are due to start that day? and the male dress code? suit? or smart casual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 agnieszka28

I have 11 th of June aptitude test to call centre in Swords??Anybody else??
    Can anyone share what kind of questions i can expect? Anyone had that test before ??is

McGaz23 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I only just came across this thread, I'm due to start in call center in Swords on the 28th like a few others here. has anyone heard how many are due to start that day? and the male dress code? suit? or smart casual?

I sent back all of my forms that i got with the conditional offer to AIB a few days ago, and I'm waiting to hear back from them. I haven't heard anything about dress-code, but I'm planning to play it safe with a suit - I figure you can always take the jacket off if it's too formal on the day. I was told at my interview that the induction period for the Swords positions was going to be at the Naas centre, so maybe make plans around that if you can.

Have you heard back from AIB since you sent them your forms?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭McGaz23

kirwanco wrote: »
    I sent back all of my forms that i got with the conditional offer to AIB a few days ago, and I'm waiting to hear back from them. I haven't heard anything about dress-code, but I'm planning to play it safe with a suit - I figure you can always take the jacket off if it's too formal on the day. I was told at my interview that the induction period for the Swords positions was going to be at the Naas centre, so maybe make plans around that if you can.

Have you heard back from AIB since you sent them your forms?

Yeah I sent them back last week and they just contacted me to confirm a few things but that was it, nothing about the starting etc. I think ill probably do the same if i dont hear from them regarding the suit!! They told me that some of it might be in Naas alright but wasn't sure if it was all the training. Maybe someone else on here knows.

Advertisement