Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

Doesn't effect the call centres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Spunk84 wrote: »

so ur telling me the call centre staff will get pay rises when the bank staff wont??:confused:

keano2012 wrote: »
    Spunk84 wrote: »

so ur telling me the call centre staff will get pay rises when the bak staff wont??:confused:
    no one is getting a pay rise in call centres unless they go up a grade. Also call center staff are the same as bank telllers and the same rate of pay . They are classed as the same in the AIB ladder .... Bet Ye didnt know tat hahhahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

so what are u talking about that it wont affect call centre staff??? clearly it affects everyone working with AIB! not sure why anyone would want to work for this disaster of a bank........

keano2012 wrote: »
    so what are u talking about that it wont affect call centre staff??? clearly it affects everyone working with AIB! not sure why anyone would want to work for this disaster of a bank........

There is a pay freeze for All AIB staff, All AIB except the big wigs i.e exces and management is the only ones effected by this as the lower down staff haven't had a rise since 2009 but the exces and management have. The main exces and management have had there wages slashed by 14% as well......You call it a disaster and i call it an income;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Kerryman2012

Hi all

I am doing the aptitude test Monday at 2pm in Ballsbridge. Anyone else doing this? Im not even sure what the job is for because I have applied for so many. All the email says is graduate aptitude test....

Hey I am doing the aptitude test at the same time in Ballsbridge. Didnt go through CPL or anyone just to AIB HR Dep directly but from reading the post from people who did the test earlier in the year there are 2 different test the general abilities test and the dreaded grain/silo test. not sure what position i applied for either but I assume its one of the bank official roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CarolAnn

Hello all. I just found this thread.
    I sat the aptitude test on Monday 11th June and heard back 2 days later that I had passed. Thank God. I was surprised and delighted to hear back so quickly. I had been told that I would have to wait until the end of the week. I was given a provisional interview date of the 25th and I am waiting for confirmation and interview tips from Career Register.
    Has anyone attended the interview and can offer some advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dan2012

ye i did the interview the end of may if you just make out decent answers to the interview questions that careers register will send you out you will be fine, plus they only ask a few of the questions on the list... dont worry either the people interviewing you are really sound

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dan2012

smadcu wrote: »
    Hi, I did an interview last week for a grad position in Bankcentre. Still waiting to hear back. Just wondering if if anyone out there did interviews at that time and if they've heard back yet? Or how long did it take everyone else to hear back? Getting quite nervous and less hopefull as time goes on.

i did the interview the end of may i went through careers register though and got a phone call off them the next day saying i was bein offered the job, but i didn get confirmation off aib til over 2 weeks later

• Registered Users Posts: 6 darby88

What is the grain/silo test? any examples or a brief explanation ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Danie110

I passed the test as well. Getting very nervous about the interview now :) any advice ? What are any of the girls going to wear?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭josieb

Has anyone got list of questions from agency yet or date for interviews??

Danie110 wrote: »
    I passed the test as well. Getting very nervous about the interview now :) any advice ? What are any of the girls going to wear?

I am going wearing a trouser suit but you can wear smart dress with jacket too.

I was told tuesday 26 , but no time yet :)

Thanks josieb

• Registered Users Posts: 13 smadcu

Dan2012 wrote: »
    i did the interview the end of may i went through careers register though and got a phone call off them the next day saying i was bein offered the job, but i didn get confirmation off aib til over 2 weeks later

That's super quick! I went through Careers Reg too and they called and said that they haven't gotten any feedback from anyone who had the interview around the same time as me, unfortunately. So nervous!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bear1234

i haven't got my date yet, was just told the week of the 25th for the interview. was supposed to get an email with interview hints but haven't yet. has anyone heard anything?

bear1234 wrote: »
    i haven't got my date yet, was just told the week of the 25th for the interview. was supposed to get an email with interview hints but haven't yet. has anyone heard anything?

I got my date and time confirmed today. The interview will take place in Swords, mines on Tuesday. Id say You will get it tomorrow because mine arrived after 6 today. Just general tips about your cv and customer care experience was on it. And to know a bit about aib :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 geronamo1

Hi Guys I work for AIB and had all the same worries as you guys before my interview, however I do have to say its one of the best jobs going, Make sure before your interview to learn all about the bank and the different areas and make yourself aware of the banks history and current role it plays in the economy at the moment!You need to know all the normal text book stuff too, where do you see yourself in 5 years etc.... Any questions give us a shout!

How did people get on with interviews today?? I thought it went well, most of questions came up that the agency had send me.

• Advertisement

alot of scared sheep today sitting in the reception :D

Can anyone tell me what exactly the job is?? I did the grain silo test last monday the 18th and now have an interview this friday as the second part. I have asked for a job description/Spec but i was told there is none. I didnt use recruitment agency for my application. did any of you guys that used a recruiter get info on what the exactly the job is/entails?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭retroactive

I'm still waiting on my interview time and date. I'm interviewing for the insolvancy team and Bank Official (PCC) in Ballsbridge. I sat and passed the aptitude exam nearly two weeks ago...

Is anyone else waiting?

I got my time confirmed today for friday and i did the test on 18th. And i still have no clue what it is for.

had my interview weds the 27th at 1.30pm and got a call today to say that I got the job. I said in the interview that I also had another interview on Friday so i think that is why they got back to me so quick. The 3 that were interviewing me said that they will also be holding interviews Friday the 29th and Monday the 2nd so plenty more time.

@kerryman2012 care to shed some light on the interview having locked the job up? congrats btw.

Just got a call with a job offer from Swords :) never been so happy. cant wait till i can hand in my notice

darby88 wrote: »
    @kerryman2012 care to shed some light on the interview having locked the job up? congrats btw.

The interview was very laid back. there were 3 of them interviewing me one from HR, one from IT and other one from another general department. I had gotton the names of who would be interviewing me and asked my friend who works in AIB to search for them to get as much info I could on their departments.

They were really sound. The woman from HR just went through my CV, my degree, masters, summer work. Mention if you have had a position in dealing with customers and they will ask you if you ever have had to deal with a difficult customer or ever been in a team where one member wasnt pulling their weight- prepare and answer to both of those questions. Mention if you ever had a post dealing with money example bar work, a shop etc. One lad just asked about my hobbies and what i enjoyed doing in my spare time. The final person asked my what did i know about AIB and had I been following them since their nationalisation etc.

DO NOT FEEL NERVOUS! the time will fly in there! Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bear1234

also got the job! couldn't be more happy! congrats to everyone else who did, should be seeing you in swords/naas for training soon. starting in about august so lots of time to wait

had my interview on tuesday and was very similar to kerryman, but only 2 interviewers. i didnt have a cv run through though which i was a bit worried about but they just went straight into asking questions. tell us about yourself, where do you see yourself in 3-5 years, dealing with a difficult customer, employee not pulling theyre weight, what motivates me in a job, and why i want to work for aib.thats what i remember anyway. also, i just had a bit of a laugh with the interviewers and they were both very lovely!.

good luck :D

• Advertisement

They didnt tell me where I would be based at all but I assumed it would be in the bankcentre in Ballsbridge. I'll wait til they send me out the contract and all the other info or ring them Monday. They wernt that sure of the details themselves ha.

Advertisement