Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 darby88

They didnt tell me where I would be based at all but I assumed it would be in the bankcentre in Ballsbridge. I'll wait til they send me out the contract and all the other info or ring them Monday. They wernt that sure of the details themselves ha.

haha thats funny! i asked what was the role and the spec for the role...they just said there wasnt one really and you would be matched up to the department that suits you the best. But yeah id agree the two people interviewing where extremely nice and easy to get on with

• Registered Users Posts: 24 missmac1991

anyone after starting yet? how are ye finding things? :) congrats to those who got the job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fada29

Hi gerenamo

I started work for AIB in May and am finding it quite tough it seems i cant stop making stupid mistakes and am thinking that maybe im not capable of doing this job. This is the job of my dreams but it makes me feel so stupid. can u advise me, was this the same for evryone at the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 darby88

fada29 wrote: »
    Hi gerenamo

I started work for AIB in May and am finding it quite tough it seems i cant stop making stupid mistakes and am thinking that maybe im not capable of doing this job. This is the job of my dreams but it makes me feel so stupid. can u advise me, was this the same for evryone at the start?

Fada. Can you provide the department your in and some details as to what your finding difficult? examples of mistakes and this willl be easier to help advise on how you can get better and start enjoying your job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

fada29 wrote: »
    Hi gerenamo

Fada its going to get worse im afraid. See your mentor or team leader asap and discuss your issues. They are great in helping ! even if you have to sit with someone for a while and get used to the system and info, just get on as soon as

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 gradgirl

Hi

I have an aptitude test next week for a corporate graduate position does anyone know is this the famous grain and silo test my recruiter did not think it was he said it would be similar to the retail banking aptitude test but take longer! Has anyone sat these aptitude tests and what are the like. Thanks:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Strong possibility it might be if there is any kinda of data/statistics/finance aspect to the corporate grad programme. Its a difficult test.

If the recruiter thinks its similar to the retail one then its probably just be an ordinary aptitude test and be more doable. Practise online aptitude tests best way to prepare.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

Just got called to go for the aptitude test next monday delighted nervous at same time, just few questions from the peeps that have already done it, should I go in a suit or just normal clothes and secondly this grain and silo test people have been talking about on here anyone know of anywhere I could do a practice one online just to get a feel for what exact it is. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lolly92

@Back Prince... I got called too for the corporate banking positions... Pretty nervous after reading this thread... If anyone has any advice/tips it would be really appreciated. Really hoping its not the grain test that everyone is talking about! :)

I was told that the aptitude test is 3 hours long for the corporate graduate positions, i am in on Wednesday morning for my aptitude. This seems very long for an aptitude test has anyone had any experience of this type of aptitude test with aib. The retail banking aptitude tests were only 90 mins. Very nervous now!!!!:(:(:confused::confused:

• Advertisement

GradGirl I was told 3 hours too.. Seems very long, hopefully it wont be too hard. Mine is next Monday. Any chance you could let me know how you get on and what to be prepared for? Best of luck Wednesday, Thanks! :)

Hi Lolly92 will let you know how I get on Wednesday fingers crossed!!

Lolly92 wrote: »
    GradGirl I was told 3 hours too.. Seems very long, hopefully it wont be too hard. Mine is next Monday. Any chance you could let me know how you get on and what to be prepared for? Best of luck Wednesday, Thanks! :)

is your one in the ifsc

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pmatty86

I've been called for the aptitude test this Thursday, I emailed my recruiter this morning after reading all 115 pages of this thread and she said she doesn't think it will be the grain/silo test. But tbh i think it will, it seems to be the test used for analysts/graduates/management level. I'm going for a graduate position so I'm doing all the aptitude tests i can find online but theres no way to practice for this grain/silo by the sounds of things. I have friends working in BOI and Ulster bank and they're trying to find out about it for me, I'll post here as soon as they let me know. The only good thing is we know to be expecting the g/s test and therefore wont waste time due to shock/fear of whats put in front of us. On a separate note, are you's wearing a suit/smart dress or casual? Cheers!

is your one in the ifsc

Mine is in the IFSC thursday morning. Is it just graduates or did you see any ads for banking officials? Cheers!

the agency I applied through was just for graduates I think going from this thread and family members I'm just going to be going casual haha but let us know how most went at yours :P then I might reconsider haha

Will do, my recruiter said to dress smart, so think i'll go with slacks shirt and tie to be safe. You know anything about this grain silo test?

gradgirl wrote: »
    I was told that the aptitude test is 3 hours long for the corporate graduate positions, i am in on Wednesday morning for my aptitude. This seems very long for an aptitude test has anyone had any experience of this type of aptitude test with aib. The retail banking aptitude tests were only 90 mins. Very nervous now!!!!:(:(:confused::confused:

If its 3hours it has to be the grain/silo if earlier comments on this thread are anything to go by. Best of luck with it.

pmatty86 wrote: »
    Will do, my recruiter said to dress smart, so think i'll go with slacks shirt and tie to be safe. You know anything about this grain silo test?

No Idea about it, is it multiple choice or what can't find anything about it online, I just want to know format so I won't be freaked when I get it

• Registered Users Posts: 14 xil

Has anybody applied for aib capital markets?

The aptitude test is 3h as well on Monday. Probably grain/silo test. My recruiter told me to do the Morrisby practice tests, but they are way too simple to practise.

Update: Since it's 3h exam and Grain/silo test takes only 45mins, I wouldn't be surprised if we will do both of them. I mean full Morrisby test + grain / silo ;)

~x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 UB_1

Iv got my tests on thursday morning at 9am. any news from anyone whose been in during the week regarding the test? very little info on what type they are.

Yeah mine is in the IFSC Monday at 1.30... I was told to dress casual as your going to be sitting there for four hours (There 30mins early and recruiter said it finishes at 5). Wishing everyone the best of luck and hoping it wont be the g/s one... All my recruiter sent me was the Morrisby and they seem far too easy. I think we might get both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Im doing this tomorrow. The thread has me concerned. 3.5 hours is a long time for aptitude tests

• Registered Users Posts: 14 xil

xil wrote: »
    Has anybody applied for aib capital markets?

The aptitude test is 3h as well on Monday. Probably grain/silo test. My recruiter told me to do the Morrisby practice tests, but they are way too simple to practise.

Update: Since it's 3h exam and Grain/silo test takes only 45mins, I wouldn't be surprised if we will do both of them. I mean full Morrisby test + grain / silo ;)

~x
    Yeah I'm applying for capital markets, I've been practicing all kinds of aptitude tests but expecting to get the Grain/Silo. Gradgirl said she is doing the test tomorrow so hopefully she will post here with an update tomorrow evening!

Im doing this tomorrow. The thread has me concerned. 3.5 hours is a long time for aptitude tests

Any chance you can post here tomorrow letting us know what came up please and thank you?

Any chance you can post here tomorrow letting us know what came up please and thank you?

aye sure.

my recruitment officer has already told me though that tomorrows 3.5 hour interview is just the tests on morrisby but more difficult and obviously longer lasting. She said they're are 8 sections in the overall test and there will be breaks inbetween. Finally she said that theres nothing you can really do in terms of prep for it, you simply turn up and complete the test.

Out of interest, what are everyones backgrounds re: degrees?

aye sure.

my recruitment officer has already told me though that tomorrows 3.5 hour interview is just the tests on morrisby but more difficult and obviously longer lasting. She said they're are 8 sections in the overall test and there will be breaks inbetween. Finally she said that theres nothing you can really do in terms of prep for it, you simply turn up and complete the test.

Out of interest, what are everyones backgrounds re: degrees?

Cheers,
    I have a customer service(call centre) experience and an honours business degree. What about you, judging by posts on this thread its all sort of degrees i seen some with law,property and others.

Cheers,
    I have a customer service(call centre) experience and an honours business degree. What about you, judging by posts on this thread its all sort of degrees i seen some with law,property and others.

my lack of work experience may get me i think

undergrad is in business and law, masters in finance both at UCD

• Advertisement

I've an honours degree in accountancy and have work experience in a credit union so hoping that helps a bit just got an email from recruiter about the aptitude test. She said just to go dressed casually she said there is like 8 or 9 parts to the test so hopefully that isnt the grain silo one. Is the building the test in just beside jury's inn ?

Advertisement