Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I've an honours degree in accountancy and have work experience in a credit union so hoping that helps a bit just got an email from recruiter about the aptitude test. She said just to go dressed casually she said there is like 8 or 9 parts to the test so hopefully that isnt the grain silo one. Is the building the test in just beside jury's inn ?

Yup its the citi bank one next to it

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gradgirl

Does anyone know is there any parking near the citi bank building, I am in at 9am tomorrow so will post what it like here tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

gradgirl wrote: »
    Does anyone know is there any parking near the citi bank building, I am in at 9am tomorrow so will post what it like here tomorrow evening.
    Yea there is one across the road in the jury's Im fairly sure of it if not park in the underground car park at nci

Emmm yeah so just back from the test now. Its really long, the full 3.5 hours and you get an 8 min break half way through. Its a written test and theres a load of stuff to get through.

It really is something you cannot prep for!

Anyone has any Q's fire away

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pmatty86

Emmm yeah so just back from the test now. Its really long, the full 3.5 hours and you get an 8 min break half way through. Its a written test and theres a load of stuff to get through.

It really is something you cannot prep for!

Anyone has any Q's fire away

Best of luck with the result? Is it anything like the morrisby tests at all? is it split into numerical, verbal, spacial, etc? do you need a calculator or is everything provided? Was there many doing it?

Cheers for posting, really appreciate it!

• Advertisement

pmatty86 wrote: »
    Best of luck with the result? Is it anything like the morrisby tests at all? is it split into numerical, verbal, spacial, etc? do you need a calculator or is everything provided? Was there many doing it?

Cheers for posting, really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Yeah its just like them, same sections but with way more questions and the ones they present on the morrisby site are the practice questions you do before each section.

No calcs needed as there is no counting involved.

In our group there was about 30, and the morning one apparently the same again (seems a good few from my postgrad course are doing the tests too).

Thanks!

Yeah its just like them, same sections but with way more questions and the ones they present on the morrisby site are the practice questions you do before each section.

No calcs needed as there is no counting involved.

In our group there was about 30, and the morning one apparently the same again (seems a good few from my postgrad course are doing the tests too).

At least its not the g/s, hope it went well for you and again thanks for posting for the rest of us.
    I'll do the same tomorrow if mine is any different.
    Forgot to ask, what wear people wearing suits/smart or casual? cheers

At least its not the g/s, hope it went well for you and again thanks for posting for the rest of us.
    I'll do the same tomorrow if mine is any different.

i assume theyre the same as one of my mates was in the morning and had the same stuff

One of the sections was a speed one, where you have to spot differences between names, numbers, shapes etc. Very last thing you do is have to connect dots with your weaker hand

i assume theyre the same as one of my mates was in the morning and had the same stuff

One of the sections was a speed one, where you have to spot differences between names, numbers, shapes etc. Very last thing you do is have to connect dots with your weaker hand

Sounds like it would wreck your head. Sorry to keep asking questions, but what were people wearing suits/smart or casual? cheers

Yeah its designed to really keep you on your toes

A lot were shirts/trousers, a good few then rocked up in jeans/t-shirt. It really doesnt matter and they dont even ask for names or anything so it doesnt matter what you wear.

Oh and just to add, its really not something to become panicked about/worry about. With no prep before hand all you need to do is show up

• Advertisement

was anybody told to bring anything to the aptitude test, my recruiter rang me up there and told me to bring id to it.

was anybody told to bring anything to the aptitude test, my recruiter rang me up there and told me to bring id to it.

i was told this before as well but none of us were asked for it. cant hurt to bring it in case though

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭retroactive

Two months ago I sat the A.I.B Aptitude test.

I passed it nicely, and was sent on prep questions for an interview and my recruiter said she would be in touch with an interview date.

She was in touch, but all she could say was A.I.B are waiting on a placement, will be scheduling next week etc etc..

I don't say this to sneer at A.I.B. I say this because so many of you will be sitting and have sat these tests and will hinge expectations on A.I.B. Do not give up the job hunt. Do not put the cart before the horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

Two months ago I sat the A.I.B Aptitude test.

I passed it nicely, and was sent on prep questions for an interview and my recruiter said she would be in touch with an interview date.

She was in touch, but all she could say was A.I.B are waiting on a placement, will be scheduling next week etc etc..

I don't say this to sneer at A.I.B. I say this because so many of you will be sitting and have sat these tests and will hinge expectations on A.I.B. Do not give up the job hunt. Do not put the cart before the horse.
    Sat the test the same as u and heard back a few days later,might be your results are down the ladder for placement.

just done the test there today, was the normal one of the morrisby site, Haha I have to say the one were you had to make up words from the letters in the middle totally got me blanked ha but what can ye do, the breakdown of the interview I was surprised with can't remember anyone on here saying they had to do a small presentation on a swot of a company but plenty of time to prepare if you do get called for one.

just done the test there today, was the normal one of the morrisby site, Haha I have to say the one were you had to make up words from the letters in the middle totally got me blanked ha but what can ye do, the breakdown of the interview I was surprised with can't remember anyone on here saying they had to do a small presentation on a swot of a company but plenty of time to prepare if you do get called for one.

Haha, yeah that middle letters one was tough, i was literally sitting there with a total mind blank, and couldnt stop thinking of rude words. It was a long test, didn't think it was monitored too well though, seen a few people cheating(not stopping when told to put pens down) Did they say when they'd be getting back to yous? Was there many sitting it? There was a lot of empty seats at mine last thursday. Best of luck with it by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 xil

The test is explained in full - click this.

They told us that they are going to send the tests to an external company and get our profiles in 3-5 days. Then they review them with our CVs and invite suitable candidates for an interview.

The interview will be competency based + small SWOT analysis on the company of our choice.

Competencies:
    > Team work
    > Initiative
    > Time and task management
    > Commercial awareness

You need to give few examples for each of those from real world experiences that you have accumulated over time.

~x

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lakeman85

Has anyone received feedback or advised of when to expect feedback from tests

lakeman85 wrote: »
    Has anyone received feedback or advised of when to expect feedback from tests

I was told it would take a couple of weeks to hear back. They are still going through agencies advertising the roles though

• Registered Users Posts: 9 G88

Hi guys, I got the job for customer service out in Swords due to be starting mid-late August. Just wondering is the training definitely out in Naas? How are people finding this position now as i'm getting a bit apprehensive about the whole process? Also, anybody commuting from Dublin to Naas if this is the case, how are you finding that or is temporary accommodation the better option? I'm thinking of the amount of money this is going to cost just to get through training (and I haven't got loads to spare ha, hence the reason I applied for the job in the first place.) Don't get me wrong I'm over the moon about getting the job but I'm sure other people are having/ or had these concerns also so thought I should bring them up here.

Also our first pay is not until the end of the month right? or do we work a back week? SO many questions I know ha! Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bear1234

G88 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I got the job for customer service out in Swords due to be starting mid-late August. Just wondering is the training definitely out in Naas? How are people finding this position now as i'm getting a bit apprehensive about the whole process? Also, anybody commuting from Dublin to Naas if this is the case, how are you finding that or is temporary accommodation the better option? I'm thinking of the amount of money this is going to cost just to get through training (and I haven't got loads to spare ha, hence the reason I applied for the job in the first place.) Don't get me wrong I'm over the moon about getting the job but I'm sure other people are having/ or had these concerns also so thought I should bring them up here.

Also our first pay is not until the end of the month right? or do we work a back week? SO many questions I know ha! Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
    i got the start date of the 20th of aug and i echo a lot of these questions. and also, what is the situation with hours? i know the hours aren't regular 9-5. are they the same everyday?

G88 i was told at interview that there will be a bus provided from airside to naas so you may only need to worry about getting yourself to airside...

Got a call from the agency who put me forward for the programme today and have an interview next Thurs

• Registered Users Posts: 13 UB_1

which agency did u go through?

Got a call from the agency who put me forward for the programme today and have an interview next Thurs

Congrats Paul, may I ask what day/date you sat your aptitude test, which agency you used and which position you will be interviewing for? Cheers and best of luck with the interview.

Congrats Paul, may I ask what day/date you sat your aptitude test, which agency you used and which position you will be interviewing for? Cheers and best of luck with the interview.

Got a call myself for an Interview Next Thursday, took the aptitude test last Week the 30th of July, Goodluck everyone has an Interview

• Registered Users Posts: 13 UB_1

Got a call myself for an Interview Next Thursday, took the aptitude test last Week the 30th of July, Goodluck everyone has an Interview

An which agency were u with? Still hoping to hear!

UB_1 wrote: »
    An which agency were u with? Still hoping to hear!

O Sorry Lincoln Search and Selection, good luck hopefully ye head something soon

Hi just wondering if anyone who did the apt test on Wednesday 25th July in Institute of Bankers heard anything back yet!!

UB_1 wrote: »
    which agency did u go through?
    gradgirl wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone who did the apt test on Wednesday 25th July in Institute of Bankers heard anything back yet!!

Sorry for late reply. I was in on the 25th July (afternoon) at the institute of bankers and its wallacemyers who are putting me forward for it.

Im also on the Thursday. Good luck!

• Advertisement

I went through Mary Claire agency bit worried it over 2 weeks since the test:confused:

Advertisement