Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lakeman85

gradgirl wrote: »
    I went through Mary Claire agency bit worried it over 2 weeks since the test:confused:

I wouldnt worry too much yet. I went with morgan mckinely and havent heard either. Maybe if no feedback next week email them.

Also from past experiences Mary Claire are very slow getting back.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pmatty86

lakeman85 wrote: »
    I wouldnt worry too much yet. I went with morgan mckinely and havent heard either. Maybe if no feedback next week email them.

Also from past experiences Mary Claire are very slow getting back.

I also went through morgan mckinley, have you heard anything back yet? Starting to lose hope now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

pmatty86 wrote: »
    I also went through morgan mckinley, have you heard anything back yet? Starting to lose hope now!

did you contact them yourself? doing this would help imo as you get an answer either way or find out if they are just taking time getting back to certain agencies/people

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gradgirl

I contacted my agency and was told it would be at least another week as they seemed to think that aib have no results yet from the aptitude tests!

gradgirl wrote: »
    I contacted my agency and was told it would be at least another week as they seemed to think that aib have no results yet from the aptitude tests!

hearing this from my classmates too who went for same position

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 UB_1

just heard from Morgan Mckinley and have an interview next week so theyre getting back to people now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I did mine about two months ago and yet to hear from them is it that they only call back so many depending on the results?

I got in contact with them but no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gradgirl

UB1 good look next week hope it works out for you hope to hear shortly - fingers crossed!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lakeman85

pmatty86 wrote: »

Yes I heard yesterday from them although they have no results yet good or bad

doovdela wrote: »
    I did mine about two months ago and yet to hear from them is it that they only call back so many depending on the results?

I got in contact with them but no response.

did you go directly through AIB? Weird that they wouldnt tell you at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

How you all set for the interview tomorrow Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya I applied directly to them. I was sure they would get back to me regardless of where in the list I am whether I did badly in the test or not even if I didn't get it all finished either....just basing on feedback on the test at least....strange. Even if didn't get in for the role I applied for thought they might have put me on a list for another role instead.

I know of a few people who did it as well but haven't heard back either.

Don't know what the story is.

How you all set for the interview tomorrow Paul

Think im ok mate. What about you? Im not exactly sure how they are going to proceed with the SWOT (didnt cover this in my mock interview), i.e. what they expect us to know. Any ideas? Time are you in?
    doovdela wrote: »
    Ya I applied directly to them. I was sure they would get back to me regardless of where in the list I am whether I did badly in the test or not even if I didn't get it all finished either....just basing on feedback on the test at least....strange. Even if didn't get in for the role I applied for thought they might have put me on a list for another role instead.

I know of a few people who did it as well but haven't heard back either.

Don't know what the story is.

That's very strange. To be honest if I had gone to them directly i'd have called them often to see what the story was rather than be left hanging. Also shows you genuinely want the job

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

Think im ok mate. What about you? Im not exactly sure how they are going to proceed with the SWOT (didnt cover this in my mock interview), i.e. what they expect us to know. Any ideas? Time are you in?

Yea been pretty set for it Im at ten in morning, got call of agency only getting interviewed by one person which is a plus. I just have a single page SWOT bit of background on company and then strengths weaknesses opportunity's and threats. Have all the usual questions answered and examples for competences.

Yea been pretty set for it Im at ten in morning, got call of agency only getting interviewed by one person which is a plus. I just have a single page SWOT bit of background on company and then strengths weaknesses opportunity's and threats. Have all the usual questions answered and examples for competences.

im in straight after you then.

im just not sure what they will ask re: the figures of the company but i suppose we shall see

Good luck!

Best of luck to the two of you interviewing today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 xil

They started interviewing last week. They have quite a lot of candidates, as they are pretty much booked for this week, next week and the following week. Good luck with your interviews guys.
    ~x

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jpmca89

Hi, I did an aptitude test and interview for the following, Business; IT; Engineering; Graduate Opportunities back in July and got a call today saying I got the job. Only problem is Im not sure what to expect, Im coming from an engineering background and this job is IT based so Im just wondering is there anyone else working in this department that can give an insight into it? I cant find anything online about it so any info will be a huge help, thanks!:)

how did any of you had had interviews last week find them, any advise?

Got an offer for the ELS department in Ballsbridge :)

• Advertisement

Got an offer for the ELS department in Ballsbridge :)

Well done, had my interview today but they didnt give too much away so unsure how it went. great that you heard so soon!

UB_1 wrote: »
    Well done, had my interview today but they didnt give too much away so unsure how it went. great that you heard so soon!

Thanks!

What side of the business did you give as your preference to work in?

Thanks!

What side of the business did you give as your preference to work in?

wasnt able to specify which business only the area. who did u have as your interviewer do u remember? did u get your first preferences?

UB_1 wrote: »
    wasnt able to specify which business only the area. who did u have as your interviewer do u remember? did u get your first preferences?

ill throw you a PM. dont really want to namedrop on here

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tsc1

I had an interview this day last week- was told I wouldn't hear back from them until the end of next week but got offered job in Cork today. Have you been told when you're getting your contract and when are you beginning?

Tsc1 wrote: »
    I had an interview this day last week- was told I wouldn't hear back from them until the end of next week but got offered job in Cork today. Have you been told when you're getting your contract and when are you beginning?

Was it in ELS also? I was told that they will check references and send contract out this week.

No announced start time - they just asked when I can begin. I assume there is a period of training before starting and that would mean everyone training together? If so, with interviews still on (2 of my classmates are in this week) then it wont be starting for a while yet

edit: on, and congrats mate!

Was it in ELS also? I was told that they will check references and send contract out this week.

No announced start time - they just asked when I can begin. I assume there is a period of training before starting and that would mean everyone training together? If so, with interviews still on (2 of my classmates are in this week) then it wont be starting for a while yet

edit: on, and congrats mate!

Congrats to you too! I was told start date 24th September - so I handed in my notice this afternoon, which probably wasn't very wise as I haven't got my contract yet.. But hopefully it will be okay!! Yeah it's in ELS too.
    The recruitment agent mentioned something about AIB waiting on the results from the apt test as well- kind of nervous about that, but they'd hardly offer a job without having seen the results of that first? What you think?
    Did you go through MC recruitment?

Congrats to you too! I was told start date 24th September - so I handed in my notice this afternoon, which probably wasn't very wise as I haven't got my contract yet.. But hopefully it will be okay!! Yeah it's in ELS too.
    The recruitment agent mentioned something about AIB waiting on the results from the apt test as well- kind of nervous about that, but they'd hardly offer a job without having seen the results of that first? What you think?

I reckon they are getting back to the people they want in ELS early and maybe the other roles may take longer. Did they mention anything about training to you?

I was told I got an interview based on the results I got for the aptitude test so I'm guessing that side of things is sorted. Cant imagine them going to the results after interviews and an offer.

I went through Wallace Myers who were great to me. Mock interview really helped

I reckon they are getting back to the people they want in ELS early and maybe the other roles may take longer. Did they mention anything about training to you?

I was told I got an interview based on the results I got for the aptitude test so I'm guessing that side of things is sorted. Cant imagine them going to the results after interviews and an offer.

I went through Wallace Myers who were great to me. Mock interview really helped

I was told the same but then they said they need; medical test, character reference, my qualifications, 2 references and then results of apt test but I reckon they already have them.
    Yeah I would imagine so as they were doing interviews week before last, last week and this week. Mentioned nothing about training yet but I will ask the recruitment agency tomorrow.
    Ya Mary-Claire were very good too. Very professional to be fair to them.
    Have you heard anything regarding training?

• Advertisement

I was told the same but then they said they need; medical test, character reference, my qualifications, 2 references and then results of apt test but I reckon they already have them.
    Yeah I would imagine so as they were doing interviews week before last, last week and this week. Mentioned nothing about training yet but I will ask the recruitment agency tomorrow.
    Ya Mary-Claire were very good too. Very professional to be fair to them.
    Have you heard anything regarding training?

Medical test? Ive just been asked for basic details, pps, bank details etc.

My agency said they dont know of the details of start dates/training or what not. Will get onto them again tomorrow with my references and also ask

Advertisement