Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

Just got offered role in the ELS department in Ballsbridge, come on!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Just got offered role in the ELS department in Ballsbridge, come on!!!!!!!!

Good lad.

I spoke to my agency there, theres no actual training its just on the job stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 xil

Well done lads.

I am still waiting for the answer. I interviewed for the corporate ELS in Ballsbridge, so maybe they will have a spot for me too! ;)

~x

• Registered Users Posts: 30 laman127

Congrats to everyone who got an offer and for those who haven't yet hopefully you will soon! :-)

I got a brief overview of ELS in the interview but I'm still a bit unsure about what exactly I'll be doing each day and haven't been able to find much about it online.

I'd love if anyone could offer any insights at all! I want to be fully informed before accepting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ncol1988

Got an offer for the ELS department in Ballsbridge aswell. Dont know much about the position. Trying to get hold of my references today to forward on their details, agghhh answer yer phones people. Whens everyone due to start? My agency suggested I could be starting the 24th. Once thats done, does anyone know how long would it take to recieve the contract in the post?

• Advertisement

ncol1988 wrote: »
    Got an offer for the ELS department in Ballsbridge aswell. Dont know much about the position. Trying to get hold of my references today to forward on their details, agghhh answer yer phones people. Whens everyone due to start? My agency suggested I could be starting the 24th. Once thats done, does anyone know how long would it take to recieve the contract in the post?

I was asked for a start date. Be a little strange for them to bring us in on a Friday right? (I assume you mean August here?)

edit: I think the ELS dept was only set up last year so we would be the 2nd year of intakes

They mentioned the 24th to me too but I think they mean September. My recruiter said it takes 3-4 weeks for contracts, references, meds etc to go through. They also mentioned in the interview to me that it would take a couple of weeks.

laman127 wrote: »
    They mentioned the 24th to me too but I think they mean September. My recruiter said it takes 3-4 weeks for contracts, references, meds etc to go through. They also mentioned in the interview to me that it would take a couple of weeks.

Cheers for the info, may have to book a holiday then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ncol1988

Yea sorry i meant September. Just gotta finish off my thesis now and il b flying it...

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knew when AIB recruit? They're careers site says theirs no vacancies so I can't submit a CV.

Any advice would be great, thanks!

• Advertisement

lila44 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knew when AIB recruit? They're careers site says theirs no vacancies so I can't submit a CV.

Any advice would be great, thanks!

Maybe AIB do recruit themselves but I definitely keep an eye of agencies if I was you. Some of the ones seem to be Mary Claire, Lincoln, Morgan McKinley, as previously mentioned in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 zain243

Got on offer for the ELS business banking up in swords :) does anybody know what exactly we will be required to know or do or will it all be on the job training ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 missmac1991

congrats, im nearly finished my p&i training in swords. not sure what business banking entails exactly, but i would imagine ye will need to pass accreditaion exams before you actually have the job. for us, accreditaion isnt too bad, but i would have preferred to know about it before i started... best of luck :)

zain243 wrote: »
    Got on offer for the ELS business banking up in swords :) does anybody know what exactly we will be required to know or do or will it all be on the job training ?

Congrats! I'm in Swords ELS too! The journey to Ballsbridge everyday would have been a nightmare! It was mentioned to me in the interview that there would be 2-3 days training but I haven't heard anything about it since. I got a possible start date of the 24th and for some reason I get the impression it'll be straight in there and on the job training.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 grad12

Hey,

I have an aptitude test in the ifsc on wednesday and would appreciate any info/tips about the test or how to best prepare? The recruitment agency sent me details of the morrisby test and said it would be 3 hours long. I'm a bit worried I'll get the dreaded grain silo test tho!!

Any advise you guys can give, would be great!

Thanks!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lakeman85

grad12 wrote: »
    Hey,

I have an aptitude test in the ifsc on wednesday and would appreciate any info/tips about the test or how to best prepare? The recruitment agency sent me details of the morrisby test and said it would be 3 hours long. I'm a bit worried I'll get the dreaded grain silo test tho!!

Any advise you guys can give, would be great!

Thanks!:)

I did it last month no grain/ silo test. Just a longer version of morrisby and a weird part where there is a 4 letter word 2 letters are given and you have to think of another two to make up a word.

another part is cross checking names and numbers to make sure they match.

Another part is where a line is drawn and you have to add some more lines to make a picture pf something. Last part then is drawing a straight line with your left and right hands.

good luck
    you will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 grad12

Thanks for the reply Lakeman85!

Thats a little reassuring that it will most likely be a long version of the Morrisby, I can relax a little bit!:)

That part with the two letters to make up a work...I will draw a complete blank! I am also dreading the section where you answer true, false or cannot say. They really confuse me, I am probably over thinking them too much! :confused:

Was it the corporate banking grad programme you applied to?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lakeman85

grad12 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Lakeman85!

Thats a little reassuring that it will most likely be a long version of the Morrisby, I can relax a little bit!:)

That part with the two letters to make up a work...I will draw a complete blank! I am also dreading the section where you answer true, false or cannot say. They really confuse me, I am probably over thinking them too much! :confused:

Was it the corporate banking grad programme you applied to?

Ya it was the corporate programme I applied to. Ya I drew a complete blank at the words it was funny alright.

Not sure what other advice i can give ya. Its not really something you can study for. No point over thinking it either, wont help ya at all :D

Good luck with it anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Congrats on everyone who got interviews! And best of luck with those that got a job with AIB! In all fairness how do you really prepare for the silo and grain's test? Its impossible!? :/

congrats, im nearly finished my p&i training in swords. not sure what business banking entails exactly, but i would imagine ye will need to pass accreditaion exams before you actually have the job. for us, accreditaion isnt too bad, but i would have preferred to know about it before i started... best of luck :)

I'm starting in airside and am presuming that the dress code is fully formal? There's no uniforms or anything like that is there? I may need to go shopping! Thanks for any help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 gradgirl

Hi

The 3 hr aptitude test is a longer version of the Morrisby aptitude test with a few extras. I have just been offered an ELS position outside of Dublin, does anyone know what this position entails.:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Hi all its nice to see AIB and BOI employing some of the grads.

If I may ask when its the best time to apply for a Job, and how long is the wait 9months to a year ?

I'm studying economics in college and I'll be graduating next year unfortunately though with at least a 2.1 (63.4%)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

I sat the grain/silo test today, so depressing, it took me about 5 mins to understand the example let alone the actual test. My recruiter told me it would be an extended version of Morrisby. :( When she rang I told her and she was surprised that put up grain and silo. It was god awful. (Although I really suck at maths and numerical ability and all that jazz) Apparently grain and silo is supposed to be for analytic jobs but the job I applied for was admin based. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gunn46

Hey,

I had an interview with AIB last week for a grad position and was told I would find out at the end of this week but didn't hear anything back. Just wanted to know if this was normal, maybe they can be slow getting back to people?

maguic24 wrote: »
    I sat the grain/silo test today, so depressing, it took me about 5 mins to understand the example let alone the actual test. My recruiter told me it would be an extended version of Morrisby. :( When she rang I told her and she was surprised that put up grain and silo. It was god awful. (Although I really suck at maths and numerical ability and all that jazz) Apparently grain and silo is supposed to be for analytic jobs but the job I applied for was admin based. :-/

That's a bit unusual, normally for the teller, corporate, admin type roles they do the ordinary morrisby aptitude test testing logical, verbal as well as numeracy. Strange really they ask you to do the Silo test, its hard enough. Though I applied for the Analytic one I did the silo and it was virtually impossible, maybe they trying to whittle number of applicants by doing that test for others other than those going for the analytical grad programme.

Ya I was the same took me a bit of time to get what was expected from the example. Maths wouldn't always been good at it be good enough for the leaving and college ya but neither would numeracy be a strong point for me but tend to do reasonable enough in the ordinary aptitude tst in numeracy. Best one for me is usually logic ones, and verbal depends on the test.

@Gunn46 hope you hear back from them soon. If you don't hear back within a few weeks, ring them to see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gunn46

Thanks buddy not at panic stations yet as my recruiter says they can be slow to get back. Just got to stay positive and wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

doovdela wrote: »
    That's a bit unusual, normally for the teller, corporate, admin type roles they do the ordinary morrisby aptitude test testing logical, verbal as well as numeracy. Strange really they ask you to do the Silo test, its hard enough. Though I applied for the Analytic one I did the silo and it was virtually impossible, maybe they trying to whittle number of applicants by doing that test for others other than those going for the analytical grad programme.

Ya I was the same took me a bit of time to get what was expected from the example. Maths wouldn't always been good at it be good enough for the leaving and college ya but neither would numeracy be a strong point for me but tend to do reasonable enough in the ordinary aptitude tst in numeracy. Best one for me is usually logic ones, and verbal depends on the test.

@Gunn46 hope you hear back from them soon. If you don't hear back within a few weeks, ring them to see what the story is.

Yeah I was prepared for the normal Morrisby test and I usually do grand in them kind tests (verbal,mechanical,abstract reasoning etc). I was so upset coming out of the test because I panicked when I seen that it was silo and grain. I started it and ended up having to redo each section because I didn't read the q properly. I suck at maths and I did an Economics undergrad. I know that sounds ridiculous, but the maths I did I could practice or read a book. I'm really bad at numerical ability. I usually know what to do but I am just really slow. :( And the silo and grain test, it took me ages to actually understand what was going on atal. I got told I didn't make through to the interview stage. :( I knew straight away after the test. It was awful. I applied for admin roles so I could avoid that test. It was a waste of time going today. I was a bit annoyed at my recruiter but in fairness it was an admin role and they told her it was the Morrisby test, which it usually is so I guess its not her fault. Guess they are just raising the bar. :-/

maguic24 wrote: »
    Yeah I was prepared for the normal Morrisby test and I usually do grand in them kind tests (verbal,mechanical,abstract reasoning etc). I was so upset coming out of the test because I panicked when I seen that it was silo and grain. I started it and ended up having to redo each section because I didn't read the q properly. I suck at maths and I did an Economics undergrad. I know that sounds ridiculous, but the maths I did I could practice or read a book. I'm really bad at numerical ability. I usually know what to do but I am just really slow. :( And the silo and grain test, it took me ages to actually understand what was going on atal. I got told I didn't make through to the interview stage. :( I knew straight away after the test. It was awful. I applied for admin roles so I could avoid that test. It was a waste of time going today. I was a bit annoyed at my recruiter but in fairness it was an admin role and they told her it was the Morrisby test, which it usually is so I guess its not her fault. Guess they are just raising the bar. :-/

Try not to worry you might have done better than you think but they might add you on the list for another role. That's unfortunate you didn't get to interview stage. You'd imagine your recruiter should have been more informed?

Did you finish most of the paper? Fact you've done economics to a high degree not just doing it as a module would stand to you compared to others that may have done very little business maths/statistics only did so as a module and nothing else unless they covered inventory management as well and are good at accounting would anyone have an idea of attempting the silo test. Ya the test is awful. I knew myself I made a bags of it when I came out but was still hopeful they interview me for a teller position but may not be on a list at all or way down the list if I even got on the list at all!

Though you don't necessary have to be brilliant with numbers if you any bit good at problem solving and statistics and business maths you'd do fine. Its unfortunate they asked you to do it. They might be raising the bar if there are a lot of applicants. I didn't even get the paper finished so know I am way down the list and say I probably didn't pass it when I haven't heard from them, I did the test over two months ago but surely thought I hear back even if it for a teller position instead of the analytical one.

Has anyone received their contract yet? Initially I thought I'd get it last week but it seems to have been pushed back to some time this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 gradgirl

Same as that I was told over a week ago that I got the ELS position but got no contracts yet - just heard from recruitment agency have heard nothing from AIB so far. I have been offered another job and I dont want to let it go without knowing for sure that this is 100% in the bag. Did anyone get their contracts yet.:D

Advertisement