Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 UB_1

Had my interview almost two weeks ago and havnt heard anything, went through Morgan McKinley. has anyone else who used them heard anything back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Goldfinger40

gradgirl wrote: »
    Same as that I was told over a week ago that I got the ELS position but got no contracts yet - just heard from recruitment agency have heard nothing from AIB so far. I have been offered another job and I dont want to let it go without knowing for sure that this is 100% in the bag. Did anyone get their contracts yet.:D

They coming out tomorrow as far as I'm aware. They made some mistake in the contracts and had to redo them as far as I'm aware

• Registered Users Posts: 30 laman127

gradgirl wrote: »
    Same as that I was told over a week ago that I got the ELS position but got no contracts yet - just heard from recruitment agency have heard nothing from AIB so far. I have been offered another job and I dont want to let it go without knowing for sure that this is 100% in the bag. Did anyone get their contracts yet.:D

They coming out tomorrow as far as I'm aware. They made some mistake in the contracts and had to redo them as far as I'm aware

Great! Thanks a million! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Did you guys all get forms to fill out and send back to AIB?

Did you guys all get forms to fill out and send back to AIB?
    Nope nothing yet. Did you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Goldfinger40

They are coming out this afternoon I have just been informed.

laman127 wrote: »
    Nope nothing yet. Did you?

Yeah my agency sent on a load of stuff for me to send back to them. Got it all done and sent on Monday

They are coming out this afternoon I have just been informed.

Great! I hope this doesn't mean that start dates will be pushed back though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tsc1

I got offered job in ELS on Monday 21st Aug and received my contract last Friday. I signed and sent it back. Was given start date 24th sept but nothing about training.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gradgirl

My recruitment agency just sent me an e-mail this morning telling me that there is a delay with sending out the contracts but that I should receive the contract late this week or early next week!!!

It bit of a pain wondering if the start date is to be pushed back.

I was told in the interview that training will be 1-3 days in Dublin and the rest will be on the job. But that was subject to change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

alright in regards the qualifications you have to send off do you need to send of just your final years results or results from all three years and did you just get them signed in a normal branch. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tsc1

Thats strange as I already got my contract from AIB. There's a lot of paperwork to fill out, medical questionnaire etc. I certified my college results (All four years) and leaving cert results In local Garda station. Also certified passport. Think that's all you need to send off.

Tsc1 wrote: »
    Thats strange as I already got my contract from AIB. There's a lot of paperwork to fill out, medical questionnaire etc. I certified my college results (All four years) and leaving cert results In local Garda station. Also certified passport. Think that's all you need to send off.

Yeah this for me too but my agency gave me this to do before I got a contract to sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭robluvshandegg

So I have the aptitude test day next Tuesday, the 9th. I keep hearing about this horrific grain silo thing but no one has actually said at all what's involved or linked to any sample questions. Anyone got any hints or past experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

If you learnt statistics you might have some chance of doing well in the silo grains test. There are no samples or solutions available online. Its very different to the typical aptitude tests. But does test you on all aptitude areas in an unusual informal way. Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dublinlad12345

What should I study for the corporate banking one?

I think the ordinary Morrisby Aptitude test you can get samples of it online. I'd imagine be likely be an ordinary aptitude test for corporate banking role but as posters mentioned some got the ordinary numerical, logical, verbal Aptitude test others got the Silo and Grain's test so be prepared either way just in case.

Did you apply directly or through a recruitment agent they might know which one you are doing.

They gave me the morrisby one but they've been known to be inaccurate with the prep tests they give :) can't find anything onlin on the silo thing so paro about it ow well can only do ur best!

They gave me the morrisby one but they've been known to be inaccurate with the prep tests they give :) can't find anything onlin on the silo thing so paro about it ow well can only do ur best!

There is nothing online for the silo and grain's test you be best to just prep like normal for an aptitude test, have an idea of statistics, economics/business maths. If its the morrisby they gave you its likely to be that one but chances are prep for the silo one just in case!

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 greatfoxylady

Hi all-

How did your test go last week? I have mine next Wed and I'm a lickle bit nervous about it :P

• Advertisement

It went well I got the morrisby one I have an interview on Tuesday for a position in the enterprise lending services bankcentre serious interview have t prepare loadsa stuff 4 it absolutely paro :)

That practice test is fairly similar to what you will get jus harder and longer its 3 hours long so be prepared! Just work really quickly don't dwell on anything you think u don't know just move on and guess it! Practice as many of those shape one were you havt figure out which shape has been flipped over and were u havt pick out the odd shape there's loadsa them!

Best of luck with it :)

It went well I got the morrisby one I have an interview on Tuesday for a position in the enterprise lending services bankcentre serious interview have t prepare loadsa stuff 4 it absolutely paro :)

That practice test is fairly similar to what you will get jus harder and longer its 3 hours long so be prepared! Just work really quickly don't dwell on anything you think u don't know just move on and guess it! Practice as many of those shape one were you havt figure out which shape has been flipped over and were u havt pick out the odd shape there's loadsa them!

Best of luck with it :)

Wow, well done! The best of luck to you too on Tues :)

I have been practising a bit over the past few days but will do some more work before Wed! Fingers crossed

It's grand like jus don't panic if you don't finish some of the sections I didn't finish loads of them! You'll be fine the numbers and word things are handy enough just the shape things are a bit tricky!

It's grand like jus don't panic if you don't finish some of the sections I didn't finish loads of them! You'll be fine the numbers and word things are handy enough just the shape things are a bit tricky!

Yes, the shapes sound a bit tricky but I guess they have to be done! haha :D
    Are you allowed to bring in a calculator or do you even need one? It's great that they phoned you back so quickly and you got an interview!:)

Ye I'm delighted but very nervous about it never done a competency based interview before eeeek!
    No u can't use one u don't need it anyway its really handy!

Ye I'm delighted but very nervous about it never done a competency based interview before eeeek!
    No u can't use one u don't need it anyway its really handy!

I haven't either I'm afraid but I'm guessing that you have to do a lot of preparation for it! :) Okay, I hope it's handy- I'll trust you!
    Is your position for Dublin? I think there are a number of positions in Cork, Limerick and Galway, well, that's where these jobs are located anyway!

Ye its dublin not sure where though think its the bankcentre in ballsbridge but could be very wrong :)
    They must b hiring loadsa people all over the place I do u know wen we would start if we got it?

Ye its dublin not sure where though think its the bankcentre in ballsbridge but could be very wrong :)
    They must b hiring loadsa people all over the place I do u know wen we would start if we got it?

Yeah they must be! Not too sure to be honest, wasn't given those kind of details at all- Dublin wasn't a location mentioned to me so I guess there are lots of different locations! :pac:Interesting........:D

U have me worried now?! Imagine it was for next sep or summit disaster!! :(

• Advertisement

U have me worried now?! Imagine it was for next sep or summit disaster!! :(

I wouldn't be worried if I was you! I doubt it's for next Sept- the starting dates are immediate as far as I know but there is no particular date mentioned! haha :) IT will surely be before Christmas anyway :)

Advertisement