Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 anna_k88

Hey, I did my interview in Naas today.

The people were very friendly and the questions were easy enough.. Make sure you know how to answer questions like:

-what motivates you in the job?
    -why do you want to work for AIB? (here you can highlight that it is one of the largest banks in Ireland; it is very technology advanced, very customer-focused etc.)
    -what skills do you have? (for example: communication skills; team work; ability to work on your own initiative)
    -how different is the face to face customer service from the one over the phone (here you can say that when u dealing with a customers over the phone you have to go into more details and explenations, as you cant show them the product or service)
    -whats your understanding of the role?

I hope that helps.. If you dont understant something or have more questions let me know!!

Good Luck!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sonsof95

Hey guys,

Beginning the application process for a job in Swords next week, what can people tell me about the actual job itself and the place in general?

As far as I know, it's a phone-based role that involves trying to sell other stuff to existing customers, which in theory I've no problem with.

But is the job actually any use?

Location-wise, how accessible is the building itself in terms of buses etc?

Is it shift based?

Anything you guys can tell me would be greatly appreciated, have another option so trying to gather as much intel as possible!

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 joker_rose

Hey Sonsof95, I reckon that job you're going for is in Airside retail park, I pass by the AIB building all the time and it looks like a call centre. I dunno about the job particulars, just came across this thread looking for test info coz I'm going in for it on Tues EEK!! Anyways, it's quite accessible, loads of buses service the main road, 33, any of the 41s. There's also the Swords Express and then i wouldn't even say it's a ten minute walk from the bus!? Hope that's of some help, good luck with the interviewing process :D

joker_rose wrote: »
    Hey Sonsof95, I reckon that job you're going for is in Airside retail park, I pass by the AIB building all the time and it looks like a call centre. I dunno about the job particulars, just came across this thread looking for test info coz I'm going in for it on Tues EEK!! Anyways, it's quite accessible, loads of buses service the main road, 33, any of the 41s. There's also the Swords Express and then i wouldn't even say it's a ten minute walk from the bus!? Hope that's of some help, good luck with the interviewing process :D[/QUOTE

My agency sent me this for testing...

http://www.shldirect.com/practice_tests.html - This is the testing AIB use.

http://www.morrisby.com/

Sitting it myself on Tuesday!

Is anyone here actually in the job? 127 pages so we must have some current employees!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭alph

Just did an aptitude test with AIB today. It was the Grain Silo one. Not too sure what to say about it really.

30 questions, think i answered 23 or something... not sure how good that is but whatever.

Wish I had a watch for it though, I usually use my phone to check time but obviously couldn't do that in an exam. The supervisors just called time after 45 minutes or whatever it was and I didn't really get a chance to guess the remaining answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 BoshtySR

anna_k88 wrote: »
    Hey, I did my interview in Naas today.

The people were very friendly and the questions were easy enough.. Make sure you know how to answer questions like:

-what motivates you in the job?
    -why do you want to work for AIB? (here you can highlight that it is one of the largest banks in Ireland; it is very technology advanced, very customer-focused etc.)
    -what skills do you have? (for example: communication skills; team work; ability to work on your own initiative)
    -how different is the face to face customer service from the one over the phone (here you can say that when u dealing with a customers over the phone you have to go into more details and explenations, as you cant show them the product or service)
    -whats your understanding of the role?

I hope that helps.. If you dont understant something or have more questions let me know!!

Good Luck!!!!

Hi guys, I also did the interview for the same role in naas on the 24th of January.. Just wondering has anyone heard back from them yet?

thanks..

Hey BoshtySR,

My agency rang me 2 days after my interview, but I heard that people were waiting 2-3 weeks to get a call.
    So don't worry!!! They will ring you even if you were not successful.

alph wrote: »
    Just did an aptitude test with AIB today. It was the Grain Silo one. Not too sure what to say about it really.

30 questions, think i answered 23 or something... not sure how good that is but whatever.

Wish I had a watch for it though, I usually use my phone to check time but obviously couldn't do that in an exam. The supervisors just called time after 45 minutes or whatever it was and I didn't really get a chance to guess the remaining answers.

I was in the exact same boat alph! I couldn't believe it when she called time! Defo recommend people bring a watch! I'm not very optimistic for the results! Don't think I'll be on aib's payroll anytime in the near future!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭alph

joker_rose wrote: »
    I was in the exact same boat alph! I couldn't believe it when she called time! Defo recommend people bring a watch! I'm not very optimistic for the results! Don't think I'll be on aib's payroll anytime in the near future!

How many questions did you get done ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Paul262

I got an average 25 - 28 of the questions completed on each section.

Bare in mind that they'd much rather see someone with only 20 questions done and say 16 of them right than someone who completes them all but only gets a few right!

• Advertisement

Paul262 are you goin for Swords/Naas position? How did the interview go?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Paul262

anna_k88 wrote: »
    Paul262 are you goin for Swords/Naas position? How did the interview go?

I'm going for Swords! I've a friend who was hired in Naas and there's apparently a big push for positions there as nobody really wants to take them due to the hours (1-9 + weekends).

I felt the interview went very well, however I'm very worried I might have come across as too ambitious which may or may not have worked in my favour.

They asked straight forward questions;
    What words would your manager use to describe you?
    What words would your family/friends use?
    Difficult customer question/situation

I think their key question was:
    "You have experience in dealing with customers face to face. How would you deal with customers over the phone? Do you feel it is any different?"

How do you motivate people?
    Describe a time when you have.

Where do you see yourself in five years time? How will you go about this?

Are you fond of team work? Describe a time.

I feel confidant I blew them away in all honesty as I was highly prepared.

But it's been a week and I haven't heard from them, however my recruiter was phenomenally slow in originally contacting me so fingers crossed!

Did you have an interview?
    If so, what was your experience?

I did mine on 24th January and I had very same questions. They rang me two days after the interview.. I think that they will contact you as soon as they get the results. I got the job in Naas..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 carolp

Hi,

I was just wondering did anyone that did the aptitude test on Tuesday morning hear back yet. I've heard nothing and was due to hear yesterday at the latest.

Thanks

21 or 22 i think! did u hear anything back yet? I didn't, so much for a day or 2!

Woohoo I got word from my agency today that I made it through the aptitude testing stage. They didnt have an actual score which I would have loved to know coz I was fairly sure I failed miserably but obviously not! Now just have to wait for an interview. Anybody else hear back??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 diesel11

Hi has anyone done the test for an AIB corporate banking role? I was told my test would last for 90 minutes but there was no hints given on what to prepare. Can anybody shed some light on this?

diesel11 wrote: »
    Hi has anyone done the test for an AIB corporate banking role? I was told my test would last for 90 minutes but there was no hints given on what to prepare. Can anybody shed some light on this?

Few people posted links to sites, just scan the last few pages!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 steff.breslin

Heya! Just wondering if anyone who had interviews for AIB last week heard back yet? xx

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PaddyQ90

Has anyone been called for the Accounting Grad call next week?

I applied for a different role and AIB got back to my recruiter and suggested the role for next week.

I'm def not an accountant... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chave

Going next week for Silo and Grain testing with AIB. Does anyone know what types of questions are asked in the verbal and numerical? Im used to SHL tests.

Anyone have a link to anything regarding silo and grain, theres nothing from what i can find. Does the company exist or is it under a parent company name? Every other test ive done had sample questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I've been called to do an aptitude test this Tuesday at 11.15am. I don't know if its the silo grain test or what one it is. Does anyone else know? It says in my email it is about 1 hour long.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chave

irish son wrote: »
    I've been called to do an aptitude test this Tuesday at 11.15am. I don't know if its the silo grain test or what one it is. Does anyone else know? It says in my email it is about 1 hour long.

It is Silo and Grain on Tues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

chave wrote: »
    It is Silo and Grain on Tues.

Thanks, that's what I thought, I actually think it might suit me better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Guys how did you choose your agency ? seems like a stupid question but I'd love to know how it works.

Guys how did you choose your agency ? seems like a stupid question but I'd love to know how it works.

Careers-Register, a division of CPL, are the prime recruiters for AIB roles, they're your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Sonsof95 wrote: »
    Careers-Register, a division of CPL, are the prime recruiters for AIB roles, they're your best bet

thanks, is it to late to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 deens7881

UL12 wrote: »
    Hey is anyone going for the trainee accountant position aptitude testing next week?
    Got a call for it today and the recruitment agency told me the grain/silo testing has been gotten rid of due to low pass rates and to just practice general analytical reasoning testing online? Has anyone here sat this type of aptitude testing for AIB recently? Any advice would be really appreciated. Am slightly nervous as have never done aptitude tests in that kind of scenario before.

Hi there

I am in the same boat now..got a call for the aptitude test for trainee accountant...and thats the first time I am doing a test ever..how did yours go ..,,I know its a while ago, but could you give me some tips and guidelines please...mine is on 28th Thursday..is it only numerical..calculation and stuffs or is there any graphical ones as well

regards....

• Registered Users Posts: 11 UL12

deens7881 wrote: »
    Hi there

I am in the same boat now..got a call for the aptitude test for trainee accountant...and thats the first time I am doing a test ever..how did yours go ..,,I know its a while ago, but could you give me some tips and guidelines please...mine is on 28th Thursday..is it only numerical..calculation and stuffs or is there any graphical ones as well

regards....

hi deens. Have sent a reply to your pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 deens7881

UL12 wrote: »
    hi deens. Have sent a reply to your pm

Thanks a lot for a detailed reply..much appreciated..

Advertisement