Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

El Hallouf

Options
  • 18-01-2012 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Time after time we get ourselfs stuck in this situation when we start from Base 2. We cant attack and we cant defend. we make our usual rush to the river and hold there, while they move to our north and squeeze our defence while they get bombarded by arty. We know trying to defend in base 2 is impossible, our second team we went against tonight(17/1) tried it and they got welped from our arty.

This is a image of our normal situation we get stuck in.

lL0A4.jpg

At this point, we know if we move our IS-7's up by the switchback a Maus or E-100 will be placed to block us even if he dies, any good team will do this. Our Defence has no hope, no matter what.

ShJVc.jpg

In this image the yellow line shows our IS-7 push and the x's show 4 of the first IS-7's to die. The blue lines represents the base enemy arty view.

z1Dm5.jpg

My suggestion is, move the IS-7's around and under the ridge and sniper across to the enemy IS-7's. Get 3 of our arty to concentrate fire on the enemy base defence if they try and poke there tanks around to get shots on our IS-7's, if they do arty will have open shots. Once the enemy IS-7s on the right side are destroyed, base defence and arty can finish off to last 3 coming up the north side without getting hit from behind. meanwhile 1 IS-7 makes a move around the rocks to get spots on enemy arty(this can also be done by a medium which follows the IS-7 rush)

IS-7's left in the river waiting will only make us lose, something needs to be done. Any other ideas or comments pls post :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Nail on the head Harry. We do end up getting stuck and not makign a decision.

Gettign underneath those rocks could work alright - at least they'll be able to help defend from there.

Maybe tomorrow we'll try the same tactics, and if we're that side, and the enemy rush, we'll try what you posted there.

Good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

we actually did this last night to some extent. 2 of us went to the big rock below their base and took out the is7s and t54 that were hiding below our base. the run over there is quite open and needs to be timed well after their arty has fired (maybe a decoy runner)
    the key as you say is arty cover on their ridge to stop their defenders sniping. 1 thing to note though is that their attacking force can also snipe any of our is7s that go high

• Registered Users Posts: 33 iiansee

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    we actually did this last night to some extent. 2 of us went to the big rock below their base and took out the is7s and t54 that were hiding below our base. the run over there is quite open and needs to be timed well after their arty has fired (maybe a decoy runner)
    the key as you say is arty cover on their ridge to stop their defenders sniping. 1 thing to note though is that their attacking force can also snipe any of our is7s that go high

This. We did some kind of variation of the tactic posted above. BUT the is-7 movement was way too slow (dunno what was the delay there), since enemy arty were at their base at first, and moved to C1-A1 zones to bomb our defense. It was around 8 minute marker when I started receiving hits from the arties. Now this shouldn't happen.

Only solution I see to this is either have our push happen bit faster or revamp our defensive positions to be more safe from artyfire even from the 1-line. (Last night myself and T30 were open for enemy arty fire and couldnt move due enemy IS-7's standing behind us)

I couldn't upload the replay from the match due foroum restrictions though..

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dathi Horizon

ZZR1100 wrote: »

Yeah i was one of the IS-7's that did, It worked but as soon as we finish them off i noticed we already lost 4-5 IS-7's.

Yes your right they can sniper across, or they cant, if they plant themselfs on the slope you'll notice its nearly impossible for the IS-7's to angle there gun high enough to get shots. Also it'll be 3 IS-7's vs 6? Its all down to DPS and primary calling to get them down quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Daniel101

yer I agree with this, I didn't get shot once by their IS7s but was slowly artied to death despite hugging cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Suggestion: 2, 3 or maybe all 4 arty do counter arty for 5 minutes?

It is possible, I killed 3 arty last night across the map with no spotting, mind you that was mines.

If is7's are in cover and getting artied then by a process of elimination you should be able to figure out where that arty is.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mercenary2

maybe would be worth trying a t 50 or t50-2 to move with is-7 rush into water when is 7 moves over under rock below their base push one is7 up road with t-50-2 to get him up to spot arty the sooner this could be done the better ,even just the distraction of a t-50-2 would hold arty fire of our guys for a bit and our arty should be ready waiting for the t50-2 rush up to counter arty..

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dathi Horizon

BigEejit wrote: »
    Suggestion: 2, 3 or maybe all 4 arty do counter arty for 5 minutes?

It is possible, I killed 3 arty last night across the map with no spotting, mind you that was mines.

If is7's are in cover and getting artied then by a process of elimination you should be able to figure out where that arty is.

We dont have 5 minutes to waste. Once they make there IS-7 push its only a matter of time before our base defence is destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I would suggest only using 1 arty for counter arty, and even then, that's only if we have 4+ arty on the map.

Arty is way too important for attacking enemy tanks. I've actually found that very little counter arty happens in CW unless you're spotted.

Advertisement