Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so now the clampers are gone...

Options
  • 18-01-2012 2:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

do i need to bother renewing my parking permit?!

Comments

You'll still get fines if a traffic warden or Garda comes across your car, people needed parking permits prior to clamping being introduced :)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

RoverJames wrote: »
    You'll still get fines if a traffic warden or Garda comes across your car,

:D nicely worded.......

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Still a good few traffic wardens pottering around the place, even up by UCC and everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    Still a good few traffic wardens pottering around the place, even up by UCC and everything!

At least the fines will go back into the City coffers instead of a Private CEO's summer world cruise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Bah mine is out since October 2011, don't know how I have not been caught - must renew asap. Cheers for replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

The fines always went to the city council coffers, it's just that they did'nt cover the cost of paying the clampers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

aujopimur wrote: »
    The fines always went to the city council coffers, it's just that they did'nt cover the cost of paying the clampers.

Yes, indeed the council got nothing out of it. Gavin defended this situation by saying how great it was that it was a self financing scheme.

Advertisement