Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 Years, 3000 Posts

• 18-01-2012 2:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭

You know the internet and yourself are getting old when you realise in a few days time you'll have been a member of boards for 10 years!!

If I had the post rate of some people here I'd have 300,000 posts by now. My posts laid end to end would wrap around the whole equator!! :D

Given the fact that boards starts to appear on the radar of 'de yoot' about 14yo or so, in a few short years I'll have been on boards longer than the newest posters have been alive.

My question is. Do any 10 year vintage posters have as few posts as me??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Less than a post a day...... pffffft. It's at times like this i appreciate our posters like Jonjo, Conno and that other guy who was banned for some strange reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Eh Me?
    I'm sure there's loads more here as long as us (or longer) with less posts...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I was 9 when you joined boards...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

Degag wrote: »
    Less than a post a day...... pffffft. It's at times like this i appreciate our posters like Jonjo, Conno and that other guy who was banned for some strange reason.
    And the guy that registered around the presidential elections (with a similar name) - ended up with hundreds of posts/day. Can't remember their name..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

10 years?
    noob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Jonjo is one of my favourite posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

You still have to make it to February pal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Heres a gold medal for ya :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Jaysus, statistically speaking, I'm more than twice the nerd you are!

LiamN wrote: »
    And the guy that registered around the presidential elections (with a similar name) - ended up with hundreds of posts/day. Can't remember their name..
    Micky D?

• Advertisement

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Jonjo is one of my favourite posters.
    So you're agreeing with me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

<--- Just checking my stats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭one-angry-dwarf

Just did the maths. I've been a member for ~9 years or 3,053 days, with a shameful 204 205 posts. That's about 0.067 posts per day. As you can see I don't post often, but when I do, they're pretty awesome. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

LiamN wrote: »
    Maygitchell I think is the name you're looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Just did the maths. I've been a member for ~9 years or 3,053 days, with a shameful 204 205 posts. That's about 0.067 posts per day. As you can see I don't post often, but when I do, they're pretty awesome. :cool:

No need to have done the maths.it's done for you on your profile.

And it's MayGitchell I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭maddog

Total Posts: 298
    Posts Per Day: 0.08

I'd say I'd fall in that category :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

KKkitty wrote: »
    Maygitchell I think is the name you're looking for.
    And it's MayGitchell I think?

That was it :D Not as high ratio now; but was quite a lot in a short time - maybe not as much as I thought, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Right Mods. I've done my bit. I've brought all of the uber lurkers out into the open. Time for the Cull!!

;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭one-angry-dwarf

No need to have done the maths.it's done for you on your profile.

*checks*
    Well so it is! Sorry, I'm still getting the hang of this place :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I was 9 when you joined boards...

you're still a 9 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

CianRyan wrote: »
    Jaysus, statistically speaking, I'm more than twice the nerd you are!

Five times the nerd, no?

4.14 posts per day ==> 0.83 ppd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Another board im on ive got 12500 posts.. This is my holiday home :pac:

Advertisement