Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile - any problems with them?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Coverage OK, roaming on Vodafone in many areas. If you spend a lot of time calling landlines the prices are very good because landline calls do not count towards your minutes.

Customer service is dire, not enough staff and all brand new in brand new call centre and untrained....unable to sort anything. Very nice bunch like the old Meteor call centre were pre eircom....but useless. :) I would start contract in eMobile shop and go right back to the same shop if anything needed sorting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

with them a year. Signal disimproving for me in city centre, this seems to be happening at Meteor too. Not a big problem but spots of edge coverage where you would expect 3g.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 TheMathsTutor

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    If you spend a lot of time calling landlines the prices are very good because landline calls do not count towards your minutes.

Didn't know that, thanks.

Good deal but am now going with Three, they have a Business Saver deal which is €40 for free unlimited everything within Ireland.

Minimum 2 phones, which is fine for me. If you only have one phone, then eMobile would be the way to go I think.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Good deal but am now going with Three, they have a Business Saver deal which is €40 for free unlimited everything within Ireland.

Minimum 2 phones, which is fine for me. If you only have one phone, then eMobile would be the way to go I think.

Do yourself a massive, massive favour. Get a Three prepay sim card and try it out for a week or two first, before you commit. Running a business if you have reception or data problems is a nightmare. I'd do this before switching to any carrier, TBH.

• Advertisement

Good point whiterebel.

I actually borrowed a sim a while back and it got reasonable voice coverage in and around my house, from where I work.

As for data, I assume I will be working off the wifi when at home anyway.

Does that make sense?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Good point whiterebel.

I actually borrowed a sim a while back and it got reasonable voice coverage in and around my house, from where I work.

As for data, I assume I will be working off the wifi when at home anyway.

Does that make sense?

Yes, whatever suits you is most important. I travel a lot around the country, so its great to keep in touch with email on the move.

Advertisement