Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Houses

Options
  • 18-01-2012 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi folks

Looking to buy a house in a housing estate 10-12 years old on the Galway road, one insurance company has told me the area is at risk of flood-does anyone know if this area has flooded in the last while?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Might be something here
    http://www.floodmaps.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

asomeday wrote: »
    Hi folks

Looking to buy a house in a housing estate 10-12 years old on the Galway road, one insurance company has told me the area is at risk of flood-does anyone know if this area has flooded in the last while?

Thanks

Whats the name of the estate its in?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭asomeday

yabadabado wrote: »
    Hi folks

Thanks

Whats the name of the estate its in?

Hiya it's in glenview

Hiya it's in glenview

I dont think that area would be a huge risk but a few years ago (around 2009) the area around the river hind on the Golf links road flooded but that estate is about half a mile away from the area effected.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭asomeday

yabadabado wrote: »
    Hiya it's in glenview

I dont think that area would be a huge risk but a few years ago (around 2009) the area around the river hind on the Golf links road flooded but that estate is about half a mile away from the area effected.

Thank you so much for your help-I think it's fair to say 2009 was exceptional and not be panicking that the house is gonna flood year on year... Or am I being niaive???

• Advertisement

Thank you so much for your help-I think it's fair to say 2009 was exceptional and not be panicking that the house is gonna flood year on year... Or am I being niaive???

I never saw that area flood before or since.That river often breaks its banks but no more than a couple of hundred yards around the river and I never seen it cover the area it did in 2009.Suppose its up to yourself to decide ,did you try asking any of the neighbours?

Advertisement