Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying large one off amount: confused

• 18-01-2012 3:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

Hi This is probably a really easy and obvious question but i have no idea.

Im getting married in about 2 months and have the money to pay for everything currently in my credit union account my question is what is the best way to get it from my credit union account to pay the hotel the day after the wedding?

I wont know an exact amount to get a cheque made out by the credit union for or can they give me a blank to be filled in by me in the hotel.

Or should i move all the money to my bank account and could i pay with my visa debit card or is there a limit on a transaction? it will be around 15000 i think and i have never spent this much in one go before.

Or could i ask for it all in 5 euro notes from the credit union and fill a few briefcases just so i can look gangster. (I like the last option but its probably not the right one to go for)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I would transfer to your bank account and pay by VISA, it seems the easiest way. Ask the hotel do they have a limit per transaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

You could ask your CU to make an EFT to the hotel's bank account, if you have/get the details.

The CU will not give you a blank cheque to fill in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

i thought the blank cheque was probably a no go alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I had a bank draft for most and then the credit card for the balance.

Advertisement