Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennent's Vital 2012

Options
  • 18-01-2012 4:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Any word on Tennent's Vital 2012?

With the 6 Phoenix Park gigs, do you think T Vital will still go ahead?

http://www.tennentsvital.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Might well do, it's usually conveniently held between V Festival and Reading/Leeds in the UK.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

Yeah Vitals usually in August. Would imagine the Phoenix Park gigs are in July

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

It's already confirmed to be back this year. Don't expect to hear anything until V and R & L announce their lineups though.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Please... let it be The Cure! :-)

Will be on tour...

http://www.thecure.com/events/

Highly doubt there will be The Cure, they're tipped for Electric Picnic. I reckon Foo Fighters is one act possible for this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fill out our quick online survey for the chance to win the first pair of tickets to Tennent's Vital 2012!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/tennentsvital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

"Maybe there'll be another Ward Park, we are talking about it," he said. "But it won't be this year."

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/music/news/belfast-bound-snow-patrol-want-third-gig-at-ward-park-16107481.html#ixzz1kHWXwhXG

Across The Line
    So Tennent's Vital is definitely back this year! What big acts could you realistically see headlining that you'd want to go see? And what local acts are ready to step up and feature on the main stage bill?

Vital
    As you'll know by now, Vital is definitely coming back. Seems contracts are in place ensuring it'll take place in 2013 as well.

Furthermore, my personal feeling is the two headliners this summer (assuming it is two days - with no Oxegen to drag the masses south, perhaps it could be more?) will be from the following five acts - Stone Roses, Coldplay, Foo Fighters, The Killers and Snow Patrol. With Swedish House Mafia an outside bet.

As for the supporting cast - the likes of Florence & The Machine, Example, The Vaccines, Ting Tings, Tineh Tempah and Noel Gallagher would all be about the right size. Kasabian and Arctic Monkeys a possibility as a strong support or possible 'double headliner'. But I'm getting carried away…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/acrosstheline/2012/02/rigsys_rumour_mill.html#more

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Billboards up all over Belfast.

Announcement to be made Tues 20th March. - https://twitter.com/#!/tennentsvital

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

This is a non-camping festival right?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

lc180 wrote: »
    This is a non-camping festival right?

Yeah :)

Where do folks stay overnight if they fancy going to the 2 days? Never been to Bangor before so is it close to Belfast?

Just get the train to Bangor from Belfast for both days. About 30 minutes on the train.

There's only about one hotel in Bangor but loads of B&Bs.

I've got a gut feeling it will be Kasabian headlining one night and someone like Deadmau5, SHM or maybe Rihanna headline the other.

She did shoot her video there so ya never know.....

Foo's would be epic but I still reckon they are for Slane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 chibiduku

I have a feeling one of them will be all rap/dance then another indie/rock.

Deadmau5 are playing the Kings Hall in June so i think that would rule them out.

I reckon it'll be like last year. There will be a rock/pop headliner one night then a dance/rap act the other night.

Snow Patrol, Kasabian or The Killers

Rihanna, SHM or [enter rap/dance/r&b act here]

We can confirm that The Stone Roses will headline Day 2 of Tennent's Vital. The rest of our sensational line-up will be announced at 8PM. Don't Move!

557758_293856680684056_143774662358926_683625_1084680860_n.jpg

FATM will be subbing them
    thestoneroses The Stone Roses will headline Belfast’s Vital fest 22nd Aug. Special guests Florence and The Machine. Tickets

The Foo Fighters and the Stone Roses are the two headline acts confirmed for Vital 2012. The event will take place this summer at Boucher Road Playing Fields, Belfast on Tuesday, August 21st and Wednesday, 22nd.

US rockers Foo Fighters will play the opening day (August 21) with the Black Keys in support and more acts to be announced including local competition winners.

The following day (August 22) will see the reformed Mancunian indie legends play Belfast for the second time ever, along with Florence

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭soyawhatsup

Any chance the Foos will play Dublin around the same time?

• Advertisement

Any chance the Foos will play Dublin around the same time?

Hopefully since Black Keys are also playing in Dublin . Pheonix Park or O2 id guess

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

Would you say this is the show Dave talked about at Oxegen last year when he said they already had another show lined up?

mark182 wrote: »
    Would you say this is the show Dave talked about at Oxegen last year when he said they already had another show lined up?

Hope not, no way I'm paying to go to Belfast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

Foo Fighters possibly playing Slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

why cant are country not sell tennents?

just have the 4 bands play slane

charge 120 quid boom 100k easly

but1er wrote: »
    why cant are country not sell tennents?

just have the 4 bands play slane

charge 120 quid boom 100k easly

Who's going to pay 120 euro to go to Slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Tickets bought and printed out for both days already! Pre-sales rock :cool:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Hope not, no way I'm paying to go to Belfast!

Ive got my ticket for the Foo's day and if they announce a show in Dublin i shall also be at that :D

I think it's unlikely Foo Fighters will play in the Republic, with The Black Keys playing their own gig in the O2 the following day...

• Advertisement

honru wrote: »
    I think it's unlikely Foo Fighters will play in the Republic, with The Black Keys playing their own gig in the O2 the following day...

Yea they would'nt play with Black Keys , but they could with Tenacious D (if they are rumoured to be at R&L)

Presale Foo Fighters for T-Vital are sold out

Advertisement