Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennent's Vital 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Smurf1971

Missed the pre-sale so hoping I can grab a couple next week when they go on general sale.

Cracking double bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

who wouldnt pay 120 for 4 bands like that, i would

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Because it's not being held in Ward Park, Bangor this year does anyone reckon Snow Patrol will play a Ward Park gig this summer? The only reason I ask is because I'm surprised Snow Patrol aren't headlining this and they have no outdoor gigs arranged anywhere in Northern Ireland this summer.

Unless offcourse they are going to headline Belsonic...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Because it's not being held in Ward Park, Bangor this year does anyone reckon Snow Patrol will play a Ward Park gig this summer? The only reason I ask is because I'm surprised Snow Patrol aren't headlining this and they have no outdoor gigs arranged anywhere in Northern Ireland this summer.

Unless offcourse they are going to headline Belsonic...

Oh didnt notice that it was'nt in Bangor (cheers for that ha) might have booked accomdation in the wrong area :cool: .

Didnt SP say they would play Ward Park but not this year???? Could be wrong though , they would be too big for Belsonic

MCD
    Good News Folks! We will have a presale for Tennents Vital (both days) starting this Friday at 9am right here on our Facebook page!
    Make sure you secure your tickets to one of the biggest events of the summer!

Anyone know good places to stay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Will prob have to hold out for a Dublin date for FF. Only limited amount of holidays can be taken with work, and its a Ryder Cup year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 zooropa56

Stone Roses Presale is still going via the Tennents Vital Facebook page, I just grabbed a couple of tickets. Fingers crossed for the FF presale on Friday!

£110 ain't bad to see these four bands.

LINE-UP NEWS: The Minutes will join Foo Fighters and The Black Keys on 21st August while Rodrigo Y Gabriela join The Stone Roses and Florence + The Machine on 22nd August. More to be announced soon!

Foos, Black Keys, The Minutes....strong day of music. Tempting!

tennentsvital_spotlight.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Anyone know good places to stay?

Anywhere in Belfast city centre will be fine, it'll be about 5 mins in a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RadioNowhere

Hi guys,
    Is this a day gig or an evening gig does anybody know? I'd love to go to the 21st August one but don't fancy staying the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Hi guys,
    Is this a day gig or an evening gig does anybody know? I'd love to go to the 21st August one but don't fancy staying the night.

Starts about 4ish and wraps up at 11.

Hi guys,

It will be an all day gig . According to TM gates open at 3.30 pm

Wonder will it be 2 more biggish names on each day? Since MCD were running a BOTB for bands to open the Main Stage or 1 big and 1 local?

Bus runs to Dublin and Belfast every hour, throughout the night too. Is about 13 quid return.

It will be an all day gig . According to TM gates open at 3.30 pm

Wonder will it be 2 more biggish names on each day? Since MCD were running a BOTB for bands to open the Main Stage or 1 big and 1 local?

I think they're at least be another pop act to draw in the masses.

Another Pre-sale on now via the MCD Facebook page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Hell of a gig for The Minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭- bo -

Got me a Stone Roses ticket. I had a holiday booked since the end of last year for July of this year, then they went and announced the Phoenix Park gig for then. I was pricing around to see them abroad, thought I'd never get to see them so I'm well chuffed now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Stormageddon

Couldn't afford a ticket in the pre-sale today :( Would love to go to both days but realistically foos/black keys comes first. Heres hoping it doesn't sell out straight away when it goes on general sale *crosses everything*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Anybody know what the max tickets per buyer is?

Anybody know what the max tickets per buyer is?

It said on the radio this morning that the max tickets per person is 8

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Will Foo's actually sell out?... Last year EMINEM was sold out in 30 minutes... That lineup was awesome though... Still 2 more bands to be announced for each day... Is people thinking Tenacious D may come with Foo's?

If it doesn't sell out, I may travel north. Kinda want to see Black Keys as well.

Tennent’s Lager have revealed the 16 acts chosen to play at a series of Tennent’s UnTapped showcases, with the ultimate winner going on to perform on the Main Stage at Tennent’s Vital.

This festival takes place over the weekend of August 21 and 22 at Boucher Road Playing Fields, Belfast, and will feature live performances from Foo Fighters, The Black Keys, The Stone Roses and Florence + The Machine.

Entrants have been shortlisted down to 16 finalists, who will now enter a series of four heats, as follows:

Showcase 1: May 16, The Limelight Belfast
    Master And Dog
    Gerard i2
    Havana House Party
    Jepettos

Showcase 2: May 17, The Limelight Belfast
    City Of Stars
    Futurescope
    Peter McVeigh
    Trucker Diablo

Showcase 3: May 23 , Bound For Boston, Derry
    A Northern Light
    Best Boy Grip
    Mojo GoGo

Rachel Austin

Showcase 4: May 24, Bound For Boston, Derry
    Droids
    Morning Claws
    Pretty Child Backfire
    Two Glass Eyes

Two of the shortlisted bands will then be chosen to open the Main Stage at Tennent’s Vital 2012 joining either Foo Fighters,The Black Keys and The Minutes on August 21, or The Stone Roses, Florence + The Machine and Rodrigo Y Gabriela on (22).

Joe Dougan from The Limelight & Shine venue is one of the judges. He commented: “The final 16 are a fantastic representation of the best in new Northern Irish music. The line-up for the showcases is looking fantastic, with a great musical variety and lots of different genres and I can’t wait to see which bands will make it through to play Tennent’s Vital”.

Good luck to all the entrants!

Really hope these guys win and do the Foo's gig would be epic

These guys are opening on the Foo's day

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Stone Roses & Florence for 50-odd quid! that's a bargain particularly as I was keen to see both in Phoenix Park and missed out. Hurrah!

Have the week off from work so I'm hoping to get to go. Anyone any idea on how its selling?

It's here....! The Cribs will be playing Tennent’s Vital on Tuesday 21st August, joining Foo Fighters, The Black Keys, The Minutes and Trucker Diablo.
    Meh was hoping for some better tbh for the last slot . Suppose more time to relax after The Minutes/Trucker Diablo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Just got my tickets for the foos, any idea what the capacity is for these gigs is it big?

Woot haven't seen the foo's in five years.

Advertisement