Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennent's Vital 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

deisedave wrote: »
    Just got my tickets for the foos, any idea what the capacity is for these gigs is it big?

Woot haven't seen the foo's in five years.

Think it's 35,000

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cant wait for this gig , accom booked and everything wish it would hurry up ha . Hope we get a proper Foo's set (2 hours or so)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 leemurf

anyone interested in buying a ticket for the day foo's are playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just got my ticket the other day, really looking forward to it.

• Site Banned Posts: 152 ✭✭CUPimus

deisedave wrote: »
    Just got my tickets for the foos, any idea what the capacity is for these gigs is it big?

Woot haven't seen the foo's in five years.

Same havnt seen the Foos from Slane Years ago! Im so excited cannot wait Dave is a LEGEND!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

Got my ticket, hotel booked and ready to go I think gates open at like 3.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Getting my tickets for both days tomorrow!!!

Was at all the gigs in Phoenix Park last week so now that I'm recovered from that, I'm getting set for T-Vital.

Pretty good line-up. Mainly going for the Foo's but looking forward to seeing the Stone Roses (3rd time this summer) and the Black Keys.

Where's everyone staying?

Getting my tickets for both days tomorrow!!!

Was at all the gigs in Phoenix Park last week so now that I'm recovered from that, I'm getting set for T-Vital.

Pretty good line-up. Mainly going for the Foo's but looking forward to seeing the Stone Roses (3rd time this summer) and the Black Keys.

Where's everyone staying?

That place Balmoral Hotel have great offers and its only three miles away from the gig and for that night its like 65 quid B&B.
    http://www.balmoralhotelbelfast.co.uk/booking/?inday=21&inmonthyear=2012-08&outday=22&outmonthyear=2012-08&adults=2&children=0&user_language=en&hotel_id=1320&guide_id=300

5 of us booking into this place http://www.corporate-apartments.co.uk/apartments

5 of us booking into this place http://www.corporate-apartments.co.uk/apartments

Got a good deal in that Europa Hotel right beside the train station like 80 quid for the night with breakfast triple room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Hardly any buses doing a day trip for this? I gotta see the Stone Roses again!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

CUPimus wrote: »
    Got a good deal in that Europa Hotel right beside the train station like 80 quid for the night with breakfast triple room.
    You'll probably be blown away by the place... ;)

Most services are 24 hours so can get back to Dublin after. Its what Im doing for Foos.

Usually there cheaper bus trips for the day trips like with Mullens and all check if they are doing a run.

Maverick Sabre will play Tennent’s Vital on Wednesday 22nd August, joining The Stone Roses, Florence + The Machine, Rodrigo Y Gabriela and Gerard i2!

Would anyone know or be able to give me a rough indication of what time the Foo Fighters will come on stage? I cant get the day off work and I finish at 5.

I live in meath and i reckon it will take about 2 hours to get there, i wonder will i make it or should i give my ticket to someone else?

Would anyone know or be able to give me a rough indication of what time the Foo Fighters will come on stage? I cant get the day off work and I finish at 5.

I live in meath and i reckon it will take about 2 hours to get there, i wonder will i make it or should i give my ticket to someone else?

Id guess they will be on about 9?

Does anyone know did they run any kind of shuttle bus services from Belfast to and from the site last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Least year Translink put on additional services and extra trains. However that may have been because it was in Bangor, which is a few miles outside of Belfast.
    Im not sure if they'll do it this year seeing as its pretty central in the city.

Think the Foo's will Rock at Tennent’s Vital, one of my all time favourite bands!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

any good spots to go before and after the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Whats the shtory with alcohol at this?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

Don't forget to check out the Black Keys before the foos people awesome live band, the minutes worth a look too all in all a rocking line up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

blueshed wrote: »
    Go into Belfast before/after, not much around the venue, somewhere like Katy Daly's/Limelight.
    Dapics wrote: »
    Whats the shtory with alcohol at this?

Normal concert bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Easiest way to get to the venue from centre of Belfast would be a train from Great Victoria Street. Get the train heading to Portadown (every 30 minutes) and get off at the second stop (Balmoral). Probably cost around £1.50
    From there the venue is no more than 3-4 minute walk away and stewarts will be around to point you in the direction.

Also, the Kings Head pub is right there as you get off the train. But it really is the only pub within a mile radius or so, the venue is in the middle of an industrial estate with lots of car showrooms and DIY shops ect..

Anyone know when stage times will be available for Tuesday? Trying to get the right train time, wanna be up early for pit passes, but not early enough to ruin a good nights sleep beforehand. Take it first band be on round 3.30?

Laverys is a good spot, the Empire and the Bot... :-)

CUPimus wrote: »
    Laverys is a good spot, the Empire and the Bot... :-)

The Bot is only open on Wednesday night for a Tuesday night especially after a rock concert you'd want to go to the Lime Light they open spring and air-break on Tuesdays... Its a great, and very cheap drink!

530076_375067422562981_2025064993_n.jpg

• Advertisement

So excited Foo's on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement