Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennent's Vital 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wish they would announce the running order for each gig , i want to see what time i wanna head into the gig at

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

All I know is the minutes are on first, so Ive to be there for them. 9.30 train up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Wish they would announce the running order for each gig , i want to see what time i wanna head into the gig at

I'd assume..

Foo Fighters
    Black Keys
    Cribs
    Minutes
    Trucker Diablo

Stone Roses
    Florence
    RyG
    Maverick Sabre
    Gerard i2

I'd assume..

Foo Fighters
    Black Keys
    Cribs
    Minutes
    Trucker Diablo

Stone Roses
    Florence
    RyG
    Maverick Sabre
    Gerard i2
    Ah yea i meant times sorry ha

Well first band on at 3.40 both days so can guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Mushy wrote: »
    All I know is the minutes are on first, so Ive to be there for them. 9.30 train up.

Trucker Diablo are on first.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Dapics wrote: »
    Whats the shtory with alcohol at this?

I'd imagine there will be Tennents for sale :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rebekahx

Would a Garda age card be okay as ID for this and for going out in Belfast afterwards? First time heading up and don't fancy having to bring my passport with me and risk losing it.

Penfailed wrote: »
    Trucker Diablo are on first.

Sorry yes I meant them. Will be watching them.

Sorry yes I meant them. Will be watching them.

Im hoping to see them but will have to see what time we are gonna leave the appartment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Anyone know what the venue is like? forecast for tomorrow is fairly grim, would it be a good idea to bring the wellies?

Im hoping its nice cos wanna be in shorts. Its playing fields so itll be mucky at some stage id say.

This time tomorrow i'll nearly be in belfast:-D

Im hoping its nice cos wanna be in shorts. Its playing fields so itll be mucky at some stage id say.

This time tomorrow i'll nearly be in belfast:-D

Same , think we are getting the 10 or 11 bus from Busaras

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

Rebekahx wrote: »
    Would a Garda age card be okay as ID for this and for going out in Belfast afterwards? First time heading up and don't fancy having to bring my passport with me and risk losing it.

No, if your asked for ID for a bar or club in Belfast you would need to have a Valid Student Card, License, Passport they'll not accept any other forms of ID especially one they wouldn't have seen much..

Half 9 train for me, sick of buses. Its gonna be an epic day.

Half 9 train for me, sick of buses. Its gonna be an epic day.

Hmmm how much is the train vs the bus?

Train is 10e single way but was only like 4 seats left when I booked on Friday. I foresee lots of people sitting in reserved seats

Train is 10e single way but was only like 4 seats left when I booked on Friday. I foresee lots of people sitting in reserved seats

Cool , do you know how much the bus is?

Not off the top of my head, prob like 18 return

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the venue is like? forecast for tomorrow is fairly grim, would it be a good idea to bring the wellies?

Yes, bring wellies. Front is plastic sheeting stuff down, sound desk backwards is playing fields.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Is there anything on in Belfast after the gig or will everything be closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Rebekahx wrote: »
    any time i was up there a few years ago, the Garda card was fine.

15:30pm – Gates Open
    16:00pm – Trucker Diablo
    16:50pm – The Minutes
    18:00pm – The Cribs
    19:20pm – The Black Keys
    20:45pm – Foo Fighters

15:30pm – Gates Open
    16:00pm – Trucker Diablo
    16:50pm – The Minutes
    18:00pm – The Cribs
    19:20pm – The Black Keys
    20:45pm – Foo Fighters

Wonder what time the curfew is 10.30 or 11?

Seems Pukkelpop got 2.5 hours

Even more excited. Having some mid-afternoon cans blasting some Foos now. Fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I'm up in Belfast at the moment..Came up from Cork on Saturday for Thin Lizzy at Belsonic and I'm staying until Thursday. Going both days to T-Vital. Met loads over the weekend who are heading to see the Foo's, atmosphere seems to be building nicely today. Met plenty people in the pubs earlier having a few who are all up for the week. It's going to be amazing!!!

How are people getting to and from the fields , we are staying about 5 - 10mins away from Great Victoria st

How are people getting to and from the fields , we are staying about 5 - 10mins away from Great Victoria st

Train from Victoria to Balmoral. £5 shuttle service!!

Train from Victoria to Balmoral. £5 shuttle service!!

Nice one cheers dude , Anyone going to this after? Its only 5 min walk from out apartment http://www.facebook.com/events/272094482901726/

EDIT: Looks like curfew is 10.45

• Advertisement

Nice one cheers dude , Anyone going to this after? Its only 5 min walk from out apartment http://www.facebook.com/events/272094482901726/

EDIT: Looks like curfew is 10.45

Was thinking of heading here myself after the gig. I would expect Foo's to start as scheduled at 8.45. Full two hour set and if Dave gets his way, he'll play until 11pm. HOPEFULLY!!

Advertisement