Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennent's Vital 2012

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was thinking of heading here myself after the gig. I would expect Foo's to start as scheduled at 8.45. Full two hour set and if Dave gets his way, he'll play until 11pm. HOPEFULLY!!

Yea they always like to come on on time or a little before . Yea if i can get my friends to go ill def head over to it

• Registered Users Posts: 20 zooropa56

In the queue now, bring your wellies folks it's gonna be a wet one.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Hope last night was great. Any word on how hard it'll be smuggling a crafty naggin in today? Or how were the bar queues? And were they only serving Tennants?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Last night was immense but crowd a little poor where I was. They fairly tough on checking bags so could be tough. Bar queues were short, plenty of space for them. Selling Tenents and Bulmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Hope last night was great. Any word on how hard it'll be smuggling a crafty naggin in today? Or how were the bar queues? And were they only serving Tennants?

Last night was fantastic. Foo's were out of this world. Came on a 8.35 and played until 11.Amazing set and the energy from the band was brilliant. Black keys were also very impressive. The site is well laid out, two very large bars at the back of the arena. Had no problems getting a pint. Choice of Tennents, Magners and wine. I got two nagans in last night. Put one into the sole of each wellie just before I went to security and tried to walk as natural as possible. Gf also got 2 in by putting them in her bra. Her bag was searched but she was not patted down!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Last night was fantastic. Foo's were out of this world. Came on a 8.35 and played until 11.Amazing set and the energy from the band was brilliant. Black keys were also very impressive. The site is well laid out, two very large bars at the back of the arena. Had no problems getting a pint. Choice of Tennents, Magners and wine. I got two nagans in last night. Put one into the sole of each wellie just before I went to security and tried to walk as natural as possible. Gf also got 2 in by putting them in her bra. Her bag was searched but she was not patted down!!

Do I need wellies?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

Lumbo wrote: »
    Do I need wellies?
    Yeah, it was fairly muddy last night on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Do I need wellies?[/Quote

I would advise to wear them if you have them. It wasn't bad last night but there are certain patches of mud around and it was cutting up a small bit when leaving last night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Managed to get a pit pass when we got in, we where about an hour after gates and missed the first act, so hang around at the bag search tent there was a guy handing them out, amazing show

Mushy wrote: »
    Last night was immense but crowd a little poor where I was. They fairly tough on checking bags so could be tough. Bar queues were short, plenty of space for them. Selling Tenents and Bulmers.

Yea i felt the crowd for the 1st few songs the crowd where we were was great , but died down a small bit . Few annoying thigs though , we got off the train at balmoral at about 6.30 and i took us nearly 30mins to get in , dont know what they were at with the queing to get into the venue so we missed the start of the Black Keys . Also we went to one of the bars , but every line we tried to get into we were told to go to the other one which we did then the lines were the very same as the other one . didnt seem much people were watching The Black Keys since the ques for the bar was fairly packed .

Apart from that the band were on fire and really enjoyed the gig and the weather was great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

So Foos ended up with 100+ noise complaints, gig could be heard 15 miles away...brilliant.

Mushy wrote: »
    So Foos ended up with 100+ noise complaints, gig could be heard 15 miles away...brilliant.

Foo Fighters

A wise man once said..
    Rock and Roll ain't noise pollution.
    Rock and Roll ain't gonna die.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19340766

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mackthefinger

Mighty gig from the Roses last night, last show of the tour and you could tell
    the band had benefited from being on the road the last few months - very tight
    sound and thought Brown didn't sound too bad - although he is certainly
    helped by Reni's backing vocals (and what an amazing drummer he is).

Grand place for a gig, though it took a while to get back to the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Brilliant gig from the Roses last night. Some mates of out were staying in the Malmaison last night where the band were based. Managed to blag our way in there and they were having their end of tour party in the residents bar, all of them were mixing with the fans, had all the time in the world for pics and a chat, was absolutely amazing! Met and spoke with Mani, Reni and Ian, all of them well sound and very down to earth, no airs and graces at all. Squire wasn't there when we managed to get in (we'd been turned away earlier as we weren't residents) so it was late enough when we managed to get in but went for a stroll this lunchtime before heading back to Dublin and who do I see walking down the street pushing a buggy with his missus and a few friends only John Squire himself! Stopped for a quick chat and photo and again was bang on, very unassuming bloke.

Still a bit starstruck to be honest, they were the most important band ever for me, was 18 when the first album came out and was obsessed with them, seen them 3 times this summer now but last night just topped it all, absolutely delighted here!

Advertisement