Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in Melbourne.

Options
  • 18-01-2012 4:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey guys, new to the site. Im going Melbourne in two months on a working holiday visa. Only bringing the minimum money required and plan on working straight away.
    I have a degree in finance but no experience, and have 4 years retail experience.
    Just wondering how hard is it to get a job over there? Is it as easy as people say or is that bs?
    Il need the money so il work at anything if somewhere will have me. I mean along the lines of laboring, office work, cleaning, pub, cafe, supermarket etc. etc.

Thanks for any feedback,
    Amazon32

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Define minimum money?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Amazon32

Sorry the minimum required is 5000 Aussie Dollars and that's exactly what i will have, well in and around.

You should be ok just be really active looking for work. Just watch your spending.

Ok thanks for the advice. Can you recommend good places to start looking?
    Websites, recruitment agencies etc.

Plenty of time to worry about that on arrival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Moocawn

Just wondering are you a guy or girl? If you're a guy I've got a name and number for furniture moving, I did it for 2 months there during the year, it's boring as heck but the money is okay, pm me if interested. I'm not sexist, it just requires a lot of manual lifting, like a fridge up five flights of stairs!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Amazon32 wrote: »
    Hey guys, new to the site. Im going Melbourne in two months on a working holiday visa. Only bringing the minimum money required and plan on working straight away.
    I have a degree in finance but no experience, and have 4 years retail experience.
    Just wondering how hard is it to get a job over there? Is it as easy as people say or is that bs?
    Il need the money so il work at anything if somewhere will have me. I mean along the lines of laboring, office work, cleaning, pub, cafe, supermarket etc. etc.

Thanks for any feedback,
    Amazon32

From what I gather from other people who are in the finance industry in Australia - you'll need relevant experience for an Aussie company to even look at you. Why would they bother train you up only for you to leave after six months?

If you are willing to do anything there is plenty of work in cafes,bars, restaurants. If things get desperate you can always do farm work. There's a labour demand for that pretty much all year round.

PM sent

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

have you sent out many cvs amazon?

• Advertisement
Advertisement