Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrib Shopping Centre Clock

Options
  • 18-01-2012 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I sincerely hope this will be an unnecessary thread, but does anyone know how long work on the Corrib Shopping Centre clock will continue? I live on Bóthar Irwin and christ if they didn't whip out a high powered drill and a hammer before 07:30 this morning in one of the most echo-y streets in the city...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Surrealean wrote: »
    I sincerely hope this will be an unnecessary thread, but does anyone know how long work on the Corrib Shopping Centre clock will continue? I live on Bóthar Irwin and christ if they didn't whip out a high powered drill and a hammer before 07:30 this morning in one of the most echo-y streets in the city...

Sorry Surrealean hope you get some answers to your query

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Surrealean

I'm sorry I don't meet your standards of common sense... I'll just get my jetpack and megaphone out, shall I?

It's a person in a power-lift operating heavy, noisy machinery, four stories up. As for who might know, I was hoping maybe anyone who works in the shopping centre might have some notion, as they're also blocking the side entrance.

But thanks for taking the time to post anyway, I feel so enlightened by your efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is there a sign on the machine with a company number? I guess you could ring them and ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Surrealean

That's a better suggestion, thanks biko.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Surrealean wrote: »
    I'm sorry I don't meet your standards of common sense... I'll just get my jetpack and megaphone out, shall I?

It's a person in a power-lift operating heavy, noisy machinery, four stories up. As for who might know, I was hoping maybe anyone who works in the shopping centre might have some notion, as they're also blocking the side entrance.

But thanks for taking the time to post anyway, I feel so enlightened by your efforts.

I would ask the guys doing the work how long it will take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭eyesquirm

Well this is one silly post, why the hell dont you go over and ask them if you are that close, how would anyone here know how long it will take unless they were doing the work.

Typical Galway attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Go into the centre, through the doors to the carpark and knock on the white door just before the steps start, its an office(looks like a closet) for the centre management who may have the answer.

Advertisement