Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bela Fleck national concert hall 17th jan

Options
  • 18-01-2012 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭

Everything about this was great. The bigger but still intimate stage then whelans or vicar st where they played before. every musician showing off what they can do. This was a SPLURGEFEST!

They just make you at ease with what theyre doing and make it seem effortless like all great musicians. Been a fan of the music for a long time and anyone who catches snippets online may have misformed opinions that it would either be too jazzy or too hillbilly for them depending on what youtube clip youve seen. It takes elements from every form of music and takes you on a journey. While the wooten brothers take rhythm making to a level above anything youve heard before, it would be doing them an injustice to say they dont solo every song in their own right.

Piano (holy heart of jaysus, this lad can play), mouth organ, Banjo and drum enthusiasts will disagree but wootens solo at the end probably the entertainment highlight while the whole band together is a musical highlight.

Everyone went home happy.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Beave

Everything about this was great. The bigger but still intimate stage then whelans or vicar st where they played before. every musician showing off what they can do. This was a SPLURGEFEST!

They just make you at ease with what theyre doing and make it seem effortless like all great musicians. Been a fan of the music for a long time and anyone who catches snippets online may have misformed opinions that it would either be too jazzy or too hillbilly for them depending on what youtube clip youve seen.

You have seen them before then also, this was my fifth time, all the Flecktones are phenomenal talents, the foremost musicians in their own fields. I think though that the addition of the fiddle for this gig was unnecessary, I didn't feel it really added anything to the whole gig. I also thought that Futureman's solo on the acoustic kit left a lot to be desired. I do realise that this is all just my opinion, but when the standard of ability on stage was so high it shows up these little things.

It was a great gig, which the usual eclectic crowd. The venue was very suiting and the guys themselves seem to have a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 MikeGil

Thanks for the reviews guys. I was pretty nervous about putting it on but it was well worth it in the end-

Advertisement