Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Niall Collins - Limerick not on Wikipedia!!!

• 18-01-2012 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Quick - Someone either go wake Niall Collins or else tear him away from his six course expensed brunch so he can get his greedy, fat, corn-fed, disingenuous, posturing arsé onto the Bosses at Wikipedia asking why the Limerick Wikipedia page is not available today.......

- Presumably the nine remaining inbred, lowbrow, obtuse Fianna Failers he still has supporting his 'comfortable' lifestyle will appreciate this grand, magnanimous gesture and continue to worship him and acknowledge his days toiling on all of our behalves.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    is it? check again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

According to a piece I just read, Wikipedia works as usual on most smartphones and some tablets....... A bit of a crap 'blackout' really!

- Nobody tell Niall though, I bet he just put down his champagne and hopped out of his jacuzzi to go ring MI5 or the Pope etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Blackout must have ended this morning? was there earlier this morning
    now everything back to normal. Bah! I would have put the place down for at least a week and on smart phones and allow no way of simply disabling java script as a go around.

~B

is it? check again

Yup

• Advertisement

Raiser wrote: »
    According to a piece I just read, Wikipedia works as usual on most smartphones and some tablets....... A bit of a crap 'blackout' really!

- Nobody tell Niall though, I bet he just put down his champagne and hopped out of his jacuzzi to go ring MI5 or the Pope etc.

And let a Fianna Fail guy make an idiot of himself by making a ridiculous decision / public statement without having all the facts ?

That hasn't happened since Lenihan v Banks or Cowen v IMF or "cheapest bailout ever" or "soft landing" or........

....oh - I get you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

This is about two weeks old at this stage, check back through the threads :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

CiaranMT wrote: »
    This is about two weeks old at this stage, check back through the threads :P

That was the Google Maps thing. Raiser's just taking the piss because there was a Wikipedia blackout today, in protest against the SOPA/PIPA bills in the USA. If all of Wikipedia was down, then the Limerick page couldn't be seen by default. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

That'll learn me to read thread titles when hungover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Liam Byrne wrote: »

Is that the mobile version though? Full version blocked atm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012/01/18/how-to-get-around-the-wikipedia-blackout/

the link suggests using firefox to get around the blackout

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

I take it Niall Collins has a Yahoo account ;)

Advertisement