Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comfrey bocking 14

Options
  • 18-01-2012 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

Hi - does anyone know where I could get some around Dublin, perferably north Dublin?
    I know this type is supposed to keep to itself, but all the same I'm tight for space in the ground. Would a large container work?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

I've grown confrey in pots before and it worked fine. Keep meaning to start it again as it's liquid gold.

I thought the bocking 14 is only sold on as cuttings so wrong time for them but I suppose someone may sell them as plants. Have you tried Mr. Middletons? I've seen them on the Herb Garden as well but I not sure if they are still trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I got mine from the organic centre - the slips/ root cuttings were posted wrapped in newspaper and all grew on. I think now is the right time to get them, and they are available on the organic centre website. Postage was a couple of quid iirc.

Not so sure on them in pots, again iirc, they have a long tap root. However, I did start them in pots before planting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Thanks both. I just checked and The organic centre does have it.

Advertisement