Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robertshill - Good area to move to?

Options
  • 18-01-2012 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi, will be moving to KK soon and have found a couple of houses in Robertshill that seen nice. Just want to know what the area there is like? Local amenities?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Hi, will be moving to KK soon and have found a couple of houses in Robertshill that seen nice. Just want to know what the area there is like? Local amenities?

Close to the ring road if you're commuting, about a fifteen minute walk into town. I don't think there's a shop there but you've got the Esso garage about five minute walk away. Kieran college is close by, I think that's about it really. If you could get somewhere like Clongowan for similar money you'd be better off as you'd have supermarkets and other things close by.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭therealmccoy

Thanks,

What's the area like? Nice/Rough? Is it a family based area or..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Thanks,

What's the area like? Nice/Rough? Is it a family based area or..

I haven't been there in five or more years but back then it was a lot of people in their twenties, there used to be a few parties up there on the weekend, couldn't tell you what the make-up is now though.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Birdlover

hmmm not somewhere i would live again to be honest and as other poster said lots of young people having parties but not a rough area as such..

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I have family living up there so I spend a fair bit of time around it. It's a very pleasant, clean and family orientated area. All in all, it would be a good place in Kilkenny City to live.

The main negatives, as Captain Havoc alluded to, would be a bit of noise pollution from parties and the like. There's not a whole lot of strong partition between those houses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

The houses in Robertshill are rubbish. I rented there for a while and could hear the neighbours flush the jacks!!

There are plenty better spots in Kilkenny tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Benny Cake wrote: »
    The houses in Robertshill are rubbish. I rented there for a while and could hear the neighbours flush the jacks!!

There are plenty better spots in Kilkenny tbh...

I use to rent in Robertshill. The houses are fine for renting. Close enough to town to walk in (10 minutes). There are always lots of young kids running around so be careful if driving. The houses up there get very cold in the winter I found. Check what BER cert the house your renting has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Sound travelling through walls is a huge problem up there. Especially between the houses. Its fine other than that. I wouldnt live up there again though, much better places to live in kilkenny IMO. Clongowan is a great place. Solid houses, close to supermarkets, 10min walk to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I lived there for a few months and left. Badly built houses, I could hear the next door neibhours switching on the lights, tv shows etc, lots of parties but no real trouble.
    I lived in Lakeside for 2 years and found it great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

I tried to PC but a resounding no. Houses built during the celtic tiger boom and I know a housing block there which is empty has gone into NAMA. Theres a lot of social housing but TBH that means fcek all since a lot unemployed at the moment but not a place I'd feel safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 kingmonitor

hi l live in roberts hill and just like to say that your comments are five years old and you havent been here in a while,so come and visit and update your views .

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

hi l live in roberts hill and just like to say that your comments are five years old and you havent been here in a while,so come and visit and update your views .

you're the one who dug up an old thread?? ps its 2014, so, unless youre posting from the future, those comments are only 2 years old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

That wormhole thing around Robertshill can be a real nuisance, go in their one year, come out two years later.

Yea it certainly looks a whole lot better since they put up that nice fencing to the front. I hear the residents have made a big effort to improve the area, - it wasn't their fault that the downturn came and the developers abandoned it. It's the residents that make an area so hopefully they can turn it around and it could be a grand place to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

those big unsightly blocks by the main road don't help the attraction of the place tbh. whose idiot idea was to put them right by the road? i heard they weren't supposed to be on the plans?

Advertisement