Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas/Newbridge shuttle

Options
  • 18-01-2012 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Is the Naas/Newbridge shuttle bus service still operating? If it is, does anyone know where I can find the timetable and location of stops? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

It is still running. Its a bus Eireann bus. It goes every half hour(depending on traffic). There's no timetable available other than it runs from 8am till 6pm. It doesn't go any further than the main stop in Naas and goes as far as tesco in Newbridge. It stops at all Bus Eireann stops in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    It is still running. Its a bus Eireann bus. It goes every half hour(depending on traffic). There's no timetable available other than it runs from 8am till 6pm. It doesn't go any further than the main stop in Naas and goes as far as tesco in Newbridge. It stops at all Bus Eireann stops in between.

Thanks for the info. Does the bus have a number or will it say shuttle on it? Any idea what the fare is? Cheers.

It normally has naas/newbridge in the box above the driver. It use to be under €2 for the fare but its a while since i used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

To update the thread:

The Naas/Newbridge shuttle leaves every half hour, xx:15 and xx:45. Fare is €3.50 single.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dos1965

There's also Dublin Coach (Green double decker). Every hour €2 each way.
    www.dublincoach.ie

• Advertisement

kkelly77 wrote: »
    To update the thread:

The Naas/Newbridge shuttle leaves every half hour, xx:15 and xx:45. Fare is €3.50 single.
    €3.50,wow, thats some rip-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 loublue

Hi,
    I've just got a job in Naas. Just wondering what is it like to commute to Naas town everyday from Newbridge? Living in Dublin and looking to rent in Newbridge or Naas? Does Newbridge have more trains accessible to Dublin? Property seems to be cheaper there too. Any advise on areas?

Trains are more frequent from Newbridge and the best thing is the station is in Newbridge. The Naas station is in Sallins which is a fair step from pretty much anywhere in Naas.

There are now 3 bus companies that run Naas/Newbridge services. Bus Eireann runs a half hour service as above. Dublin bus run the green bus every hour 24 hours a day and Whelans run a service from Monesterevan to Naas from about 7am till 10pm daily for €2.

There are many housing estates in Newbridge all with good and bad points. Maybe when you've narrowed down to a few choices you could come back and let us know and we might be able to help you decide.

I love Newbridge. It has great shopping and a vibrant nightlife. If you have children there is much for them to do with a great selection of schools. Naas is ok But i've never lived their.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 loublue

Looking at Curragh Grange or Roseberryhill, these are in our price range.. would be interested in older estates too. Whats the traffic like to drive to Naas in the mornings and evenings? Is traffic heavy?

Getting through Newbridge in the mornings from about 7.45-9.00 can be a nightmare due to schools. Were I living in Curragh Grange I'd be heading for the motorway to bypass the town. Roseberry hill is a nice spot. You can go to Naas via a back road that avoids the town. Curragh Grange has a few shops nearby while Roseberry hill is a bit outside the town. Given a choice myself I'd take Curragh grange.

• Advertisement
Advertisement