Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

get your tramore bucket & shovel at the ready

Options
  • 18-01-2012 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

experts are saying that theres a 2 month heatwave on the way to waterford this june, july and august aint to bad either,
    so forget about spain this year and get your tramore bucket and shovel in dunphys shop on the way out. :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Link? Same "experts" that forecast harsh winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

The way thing's are going it will be cheaper to fly to Spain then catch the bus to Tramore.Do people still thumb to Tramore,this mode of transport was massive in the 70's and 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

The way thing's are going it will be cheaper to fly to Spain then catch the bus to Tramore.Do people still thumb to Tramore,this mode of transport was massive in the 70's and 80's.
    Thumbing died out around the early 2000's, with more frequent buses to/from Tramore and so many people could afford their own cars or the bus fare. I'm surprised it hasn't made a comeback yet but maybe people still stuck in Celtic Tiger mode would be embarrased about thumbing a lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭decies

experts are saying that theres a 2 month heatwave on the way to waterford this june, july and august aint to bad either,
    so forget about spain this year and get your tramore bucket and shovel in dunphys shop on the way out. :cool:

Thats three months Billy?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

You're crazy like a fox Billy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

decies wrote: »
    Thats three months Billy?

2 months, and august aint to bad, read again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The make the same prediction every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

The make the same prediction every year.

And people believe it and go to Tramore and then compliant about the weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

XXXXwarningXXXXX the post below is the same as the opening post ...pointless

experts agree that this summer will be one the current seasons of 2012
    professor aga van hoogentoogen was recently quoted as sayin he predicts that "summer will be fantastic collection of hours weeks and months combined into one season closely followed by a slightly more pedestrian autumn"
    so there it is, you heard it straight from the horses mouth get your clothes and food ready because this summer is definitely coming straight after spring and before autumn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

Meterologists can usually only give you a 5 day forecast and even then its a shot in the dark. Someone telling you the weather in 5-6 months time is like picking the winner of the Grand National, blindfolded using a pin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭achiman

thats great news, a good spell of weather like that will dry up all the dog shyte.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

achiman wrote: »
    thats great news, a good spell of weather like that will dry up all the dog shyte.

Have you ever seen steaming piles of dog shyte in hot weather? It drives all the flies and bluebottles mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

*grabs an umbrella*

Okay I'm ready

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I have given up hope of Ireland getting a decent summer at this stage.. set up for disappointment to many times in the past.. so now i just go with whatever happens..

If its sunny, i'll just pull a sicky and enjoy that day :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Nooooooo I hates heatwaves. Gimme a cold day over hot anytime. Seriously. Im brutal with heat. If I was in the cathedral and someone put on one lightbulb I would find the heat umnareable haha its horrible.
    Had me fan on the other night and it seems to be on its last legs. May sort it out just in case :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

They can bearly Forecast this weekend never mind the Summer, Take with a grain of Salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

Take with a grain of Salt.

salt water from tramore:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I hope so! Last year the only good weather we got was in like late March. Went swimming down in tramore with the rest of the south east and froze me nuts off :pac:

Advertisement