Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

outer ring road covered in dog shyte

Options
  • 18-01-2012 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

went for a walk yesterday evening from the farren park roundabout to the tramore roundabout and spent most of it skipping over dog shyte all over the footpaths. is there anychance that the council can do something about this and lash out stiffer fines to dog owners who are responsible,

tis bloody disgusting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I cover alot of miles around the city while running and its not just the outer ring road thats covered. Inner city is ok but as soon as you get further out it really started being a problem.

Dog owners who let this happen should be ashamed of themselves and I have no problem letting them know my feelings when I see it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

even if they drag their mutts off the footpaths and into the grass before he opens his hole would make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

It's an absolute disgrace. A neighbour of ours brings the dog down the street and less it $hite everywhere. Never picks it up and even lifted anothers neighbours fence for a time and had it doing it in there. Is there anyone who I can ring to report it. I doubt it's the Gardai that in theory would deal with it is it? I have two dogs and would never bring them for a walk without the bags to pick it up. I'm half tempted to shove some crap in through your man's letter box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I walk out around this area (with my own little dog) nearly every day and it wrecks my buzz the amount of dog crap left by inconsiderate clowns. I think city council could increase fines to whatever they want but it won't make a difference because whoever is going to enforce those fines has already gone home by the time the scumbags responsible go for their nightly walk.

Overall, I've personally never encountered a country like Ireland for dog crap on the streets. It seems to be part of the whole 'fcuk you' attitude that made Ireland an unpleasant place to live in during the tiger years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Used to take the kids out to the prom in Tramore on the bikes on a regular basis but stopped as the boot of the car was getting destroyed with dog ****e off the wheels and the carpets were getting ruined too. It's an obstacle course of dog mess out there. Any owner caught not cleaning up should be made eat the ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

The parents live just off a main road in a cul de sac with a green running the lenght of it.

A few weeks ago a lad out walking his dog walked up the green and allowed his dog - a labrador - to take a dump right across from the mothers house on a few nights- the father copped it and the next night he came up the oul lad let a roar at your man - we havent seen him since

The lads out walking their greyhounds are the worst offenders and coincidentally a lot of them walk the dogs on the outer ring road

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Its everywhere on Dunmore road and williamstown road too. went running there last week. It just seems Irish people are ignorant pigs when it comes to picking up after themselves. Have you ever heard of anyone fined for littering, etc?

i just found out that you can report the dog shyting people to the litter wardens in the city council, theres 3 litter wardens working there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

I always bring plastic bags for my two dogs to clean up after them but unbeknown to me, one of them had a dose of the scutters. The 2 bags were used up and I was walking along the link road out by Farran Park when one of the muts just opened his hole on the footpath. I dragged him off into the grass but the footpath still got a good spraying. A female jogger running by started giving me abuse about letting my dogs foul the path. I protested that I had already carried 2 bags, used them and did not know that one of my dogs had a dose of the trots until I was on my walk. She told me to go and **** myself. I told her that if she spoke to me in that manner again, I would redden the arse off her.

Sometimes humans can be just as ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

went for a walk yesterday evening from the farren park roundabout to the tramore roundabout and spent most of it skipping over dog shyte all over the footpaths. is there anychance that the council can do something about this and lash out stiffer fines to dog owners who are responsible,

tis bloody disgusting.
    ]
    Agreed, maybe actually enforce dog licence rules, increase licence cost and use money to clean it up. It seems some dog owners clearly dont give a damm.

I work near the quay and the businesses there regularly have to wash down outside their shops because of it, i pass down there before the shops open in the morning and see it, probably 1 or 2 pig ignorant owners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Partizan wrote: »
    I would redden the arse off her.

I'm getting all stoked up now :p

Fining the people who don't clean up after their dogs rather than taking more money from responsible dog owners is the way to. I'm making a bit of a leap of faith here but it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of the people who don't clean up after their dogs also don't bother their arses to pay for a dog license so it's not even a matter of punishing everyone - you'd probably be mainly punishing the responsible people. There are huge fines for this sort of thing and I doubt anyone has ever been fined here.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

i just found out that you can report the dog shyting people to the litter wardens in the city council, theres 3 litter wardens working there

Indeed you can, however unless they see them in the fact nobody is going to get fined :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Oh my god I was gona open a thread about this,went for a walk from my house, old tramore road area and I was dodging **** the whole way out.

Filthy! Clean up after your god damn dogs and horses !!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

My next door neighbour leaves her dog roam free at nights for a while and it nearly always ****s in my garden, so I just gets me shovel and fcuks it back over her wall.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Its not just the Outer Ring Road thats bad, Barrack street is like an obstacle course with all the dog crap on it.

They should taser anyone that lets their dog do this. then fine them, that'll teach em.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

I wouldn't mind but there is someone from the wcc out on the link roads picking up litter every morning

Nypd wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind but there is someone from the wcc out on the link roads picking up litter every morning

yea, but you wouldnt expect him to clean up dog shyte aswell,
    tis bad enough for the chap dragging around bags of rubbish that has been chucked out of car windows along with putting dog shyte in his bag,

some people are bigger animals then the mutts they have on the leads

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

Don't go shooting the poor dogs they only go where they are brought
    Come on poochy let's go for a walk
    Oh gr8 can we go down to k9 ally (outer ring rd )
    Poor little critters having to face a trundle down fat arse boulevarde you would shyting to if had to look at all them there fat arses:D

ikeano29 wrote: »
    Poor little critters having to face a trundle down fat arse boulevarde you would shyting to if had to look at all them there fat arses:D

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

I walk the dunmore road Williamstown circle and its like dodge the **** the whole way. Its worse when walking with a buggy. They have signs everywhere as if that's going to deter the dirty filthy people who do this. The thing is there is also a big issue with doggy do bags being thrown in ditches and housing estate hedges. You can see them everywhere, little blue bags of **** hanging in bushes like a filthy Christmas tree. So even people who do pick up get fed up of carrying the bags. But no wonder, there are only 2 bins on that circle. One by viewmount and one by the playground at farronshoneen. Anyway the problem everywhere is there is clearly nobody to police it. Rant over!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

Barrack Street and Cannon Street as well as Morrisons road are absolutely covered in poop. I had to walk from that area to down near the Forum for a meeting last week and it was like an obstacle course. I won't run in town either because I'd rather enjoy my run than have ninja my way around a trail of shíte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Yep, I had a rant here before about this (Celtic tiger was around at the time so I think I was told to go stick my moaning up my orse). Nothin more disgusting and anti social that letting your dog out to dump on paths. The williamstown road is my current spot for doing the dogdoo hop. Nothin says I wanna wreck everyone's day like leaving Rover drop a good pile of it smack in the middle of the path.

Dragged it in the house and up the stairs one day. The missis nearly divorced me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Careless dog owners are everywhere, it bugs me...

http://www.wexfordpeople.ie/news/is-this-the-image-wexford-wants-2993111.html

I say why don't the councils get the fuppin' community wardens to do their jobs eh? I see it all the time when I'm in Wexford - why can't they, it's a sure way of getting revenue in - at €150.00 fine per go, ne'er mind your household charge :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

What amazes me is when I'm driving along and you see someone allowing their mut to go for a shyte on the footpath and they would just stare at you as if your in the wrong and not them!:mad:

Then they just pat the dog for been a good boy and walk off leaving the shyte there. They don't even try to pick it up or hide it!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

What amazes me is when I'm driving along and you see someone allowing their mut to go for a shyte on the footpath and they would just stare at you as if your in the wrong and not them!:mad:

Then they just pat the dog for been a good boy and walk off leaving the shyte there. They don't even try to pick it up or hide it!:mad:

Brazen bastards :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

ikeano29 wrote: »

I really don't think so??

How would that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ellie1984

Has anybody ever seen/heard of somebody getting fined for leaving their dog **** on the footpath?
    The fines could be as huge as you want them to be but if the law is not enforced then those people with no civil sense are just not going to be bothered.
    O'Connell street looks and smells like a latrine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

City centre is pretty bad too. Parnell st, Catherine st and around that area is pretty bad for it. I feel like giving the ignorant gob****e owners a kick to the balls. There's often huge gigantic watery dumps just splattered all over the path as if someone poured it out of a 1 litre carton of milk. I swear one must have been a humans before. :mad:

Also along the riverside/quay area, and up along Michael st.

• Advertisement

The **** that lives near me used to give the dogs treats to praise him for shyting down the road. It's annoyed me a lot recently and I'm going to do one of three things:

1. Ring someone (which I feel will be pointless as so many people in this country don't do their job properly and just don't want hassle).
    2. Confront the ****
    3. Post some ****e through his letterbox.

I'm leaning towards option three at the moment.

A few hefty fines would sort this out quickly enough but that's not going to happen.

Advertisement