Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

outer ring road covered in dog shyte

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

The council won't bother fining anyone. Just like speed limits are enforced by leaving the potholes unfilled; the council will just turn off the street lights so you can't see what you're stepping in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

How about a sh1t tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

wellboytoo wrote: »
    How about a sh1t tax?

dog shyte tax

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Could councils hire people on a commission only basis(due to funding issues) to look for the owners allowing the dogs to do this. These new wardens should have the power to give on the spot fines of 'x amount' and they take a percentage. The contractors will have cameras with them so proof is 100% and this rules out appeals and people saying they did not do it. Three results out of this

1) Jobs for some people
    2) Crap off the streets
    3) Revenue for council for doggy bins and bags

Probably HR, regulatory and legal reasons why this can't be done but I'm gonna fire an email off to council anyway as I'm literally fed up of the ****e

thomasm wrote: »

1) Jobs for some people
    2) Crap off the streets
    3) Revenue for council for doggy bins and bags

Probably HR, regulatory and legal reasons why this can't be done but I'm gonna fire an email off to council anyway as I'm literally fed up of the ****e

great idea, please send them a link of this topic aswell to let them know how the general public are feeling about the state of the outer ring road and ask them to send a road sweeper out there fulltime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Barrack Street and Cannon Street as well as Morrisons road are absolutely covered in poop. I had to walk from that area to down near the Forum for a meeting last week and it was like an obstacle course. I won't run in town either because I'd rather enjoy my run than have ninja my way around a trail of shíte.

I live on Morrisson's Rd and was in touch with the litter wardens about the amount of dog mess on the footpaths. It was either being done very late at night or very early in the morning cos we'd leave for work in the morning and have to take a look before stepping on to the path for a mess that wasn't there the evening before. Anyway, after a few mails back and forth the solution was.............. a stencil on the ground saying pick it up :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Nypd wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind but there is someone from the wcc out on the link roads picking up litter every morning

yea, but you wouldnt expect him to clean up dog shyte aswell,
    tis bad enough for the chap dragging around bags of rubbish that has been chucked out of car windows along with putting dog shyte in his bag,

some people are bigger animals then the mutts they have on the leads

I didn't mean the chap should pick it up, I meant if there is a worker there every day surely they are aware of the crap on the pavements.

Nypd wrote: »
    I didn't mean the chap should pick it up, I meant if there is a worker there every day surely they are aware of the crap on the pavements.

ah right :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

the Brasscock Centre is another brown spot. Everytime I walk to the shop I step in it. If I ever catch someone I'll take photos and report them. I dont care Fed up with it.

Advertisement