Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parent and Toddler/Baby groups in South Dublin

Options
  • 18-01-2012 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, just moved to Shankill and I'm rather exasperated at trying to find a parent and toddler group around here (all have waiting lists). So do you know any groups or simply parents willing to meet up around here? My two year old is very sociable and used to playing with other kids and I can clearly see she misses it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

If you're willing to travel out of Shankill, ZOOM in Greystones have differnt toddler activities most mornings www.zap.ie

Kidzone in Wicklow Town also have parent and Toddler mornings on Tuesdays and Thursdays which are great. 5 Euro for 2 hrs play and tea and toast included!

Sorry I can't be of more help, but if there are any childrens activity places near you, I would check to see if they run similar mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Vanderlay Industries

Jungle Mania in Kilcoole is great. It is nice and small so you won't lose your kid and they are not intimidated by it. 10 am to 12pm weekday mornings is €4.50 with a plate of taost and a cup of (not great) coffee. I really like it as I have a toodler and a baby so can keep an eye on both of them whereas I would lose track of the toddler in Kidszone.
    There is Zoom in Greystones as well; that is meant to be pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

There is also 'Junglemania' in Kilcoole. Parent/toddler sessions are 10-12 weekdays and cost E4.50 (you also get tea, and toast for the child).

There are playgroups in Greystones (assuming you have a car):

Mon St Patricks E2.50 10.30-12
    Tues " " E4.50 10.30-12
    Weds Presbyterian church hall, (Opp St Brigids school) E2.00
    Thurs Nazerene Church E2.00 3.30-5.00
    Fri Nazerene Church E2.00 10.30-12.

I always find that Cabinteeley park is a fab place for kids too; loads to do and always other kids to interact with too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 joasha.z

Art for kids - break for parents
    Bright Sparks! Dublin 8
    Quality, fun, expressive art sessions
    for children 12 monts – 4 years.
    A social out-of-the-house break for parents.
    Every Tuesday
    - morning 10.30 to 11:30am
    - afternoon 1 to 2pm
    For more information please visit www.brightsparksart.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I am not sure if it is still going but was a lovely one in mount Merrion. It was in the hall beside the church. Give the Parish office a call and I am sure they can give you info.

Also was and I am sure still is a Music toddle group in the hall at St Thomas Church in just on the corner of the N11 and Fosters ave?

Also give the Parish office in Foxrock a call, one on a Wednesday morning I think.

I am sure the one in Deansgrange is still going in the Church of Ireland hall.

Sandymount had/have one on a Monday morning. Again give the parish office a call.

hope the above is of some help to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Yvonne Lucy

Hi there is a music class for toddlers and Mums every Friday in Dean's grange. For more info go to www.teeny-tunes.com

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MelanieB

I wonder if this lady ever foudn anywhere to go with the kids? Hope so...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Yvonne Lucy

Music class Dean's Grange Friday's 10am Kill O'Grange Church Hall Wed afternoon class coming soon www.teeny-tunes.com

Advertisement