Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Holy Dwarven Priest Build

• 18-01-2012 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello gang,

I've recently started playing WoW on a private server with a friend - my game only has up to the Lich King expansion - nothing beyond. I'm new to WoW - and its quite different than what I'm used to in standard D&D or something like that such as Never Winter Nights.

Anyway - I've built a dwarven priest - who is going to concentrate on healing - as that is what my friends need most - a great healer - so I was hoping you all had some ideas for a good, basic build - consider me a Newb to WoW - and for some reason - I tried accessing the links some of you all posted to a WoW help section - but the talent trees were only showing about 1/3 of their points - anyway, if its not too much trouble - its easiest for me to look at a build simply typed out.

Thanking you in advance for all your help!

A single mom in Florida :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Ok first off i wanna say really consider moving to the Real game. i know you have to pay monthly and it can be a bit crap but it is really worth it.

If that is simply out of the question i would suggest looking at Aion online its very similar to WoW in many respects and is going free to play in like 2 weeks i know this isn't world of warcraft but In my past experiences private servers are just not the way to go. They are generally buggy and are missing a lot of the real game.

If you want to check it out go to
    http://www.aionfreetoplay.com/website/

Anyways back to your previous question. Its nice to see that you are looking to help out your friends and by going healer and i will help in any way i can.

The reason when you click on links and look at talents and it doesn't have all the talents there is because when Cataclysm was launcher they streamlined the talent system and re-worked it to make it less of a cookie clutter system which basically means one setup works for all.

So i had a look around and found a site that still has talent trees from wrath of the Lich king and i built you a build you could try out.
    http://wow335.gamestool.net/priestt.php?0300000000000000000000000000035051332302152531325231341000000000000000000000000000

Also here is a guide for 3.3.3 for holy priests that you can have a read through if you get the time.

http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=228854&TabID=1927707&ForumID=1075597&TopicID=8920161

I would offer more help but i only slightly played priests and didn't for long as it just wasn't my thing.

I hope this info helps you. But i also encourage you to consider opting to pay for the game 1 month at least and seeing how that goes OR move to another game which is free = Aion which is very similar or maybe get a free Trial for Rift.

Best of luck! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Seatrout00

YOU are a SAINT! MANY, MANY, many thanks! So many thanks - I would spam you with smileys but I don't want to crash the forums:D;):p!

Yes - going to the 'real' game is not an option - finances are completely dead at the moment - and I quite lucked out when a friend loaned me a copy of the game and told me of a server he and a few others play on - its very small - but for someone who hasn't had a new game in... years.... and I've got instant buddies to pal around with - well - its like a tiny slice of gamer/geek heaven!

I have printed out these builds and am implimenting them - I'll likely make one of each - and see which one we like the best - over time - don't have enough time to play several different chars - however, I do think I'll try each build - seeing as I hope to completely explore this fantastic world!

Again - many, many thanks for you sharing from your vast experience with the game!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

It's been a long time, but I did heal through the entirety of WoTLK (cleared everything afair) as a Priest so I'll see what I can remember.

First off, at what point of Wrath is it? If it's at the point of ICC, I'd actually recommend Disc rather than Holy as it was seriously good (actually kind of OP) at that point.

As far as Disc is concerned, this build was pretty much it. PW:S spam basically ruled the day with Penance and PoM thrown in and cooldowns as needed. Gear wise, grab as much Int as possible, followed by spellpower. There's a 'soft' haste cap at 8.3% (which you are basically guaranteed to hit) at which point your PW:S hits the 1s gcd when Borrowed Time is active. Crit isn't great either, but you are probably going to have some anyway.

For Holy, afair this would be close enough to the 'standard' raid build for Ulduar/early ICC, though I've a feeling a renew heavy build worked out better in the later stages. Playstyle was PoH/FH depending on damage pattern, with CoH/PoM on cooldown and the usual other cooldowns when needed.

It should be pointed out that both specs were pretty poor tank healers, but pretty awesome for raid healing.

Advertisement