Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should women value the relationship more?

• 18-01-2012 2:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

IMO in order for a relationship between a man and woman to work well in all aspects the woman must value the relationship at least slightly more than the man. Otherwise the woman tends to lose attraction for the man and sex becomes infrequent. I think that's just the way it is.

So if a man values it more he would feel worse if it ended than the woman would feel.

What are your thoughts on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Always thought it was 50-50 to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i reckon it's a two way street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Domitius Felix Invictus Aurelianus

Womens views ina relationship are of little importance......IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

They should be lucky to have me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

IMO in order for a relationship between a man and woman to work well in all aspects the woman must value the relationship at least slightly more than the man. Otherwise the woman tends to lose attraction for the man and sex becomes infrequent. I think that's just the way it is.

So if a man values it more he would feel worse if it ended than the woman would feel.

I've read this about 5 times and I still don't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

This thread immediately made me think of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The man should have less interest in a relationship to keep the wimminz on their toes basically.

More dating guru stuff.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I'm not sure how a man would feel worse after a break-up than a woman if they were both equally committed to the relationship: maybe because he would have less support in terms of friends to talk to than a woman.

But as the cliché goes, surely 'tis better to have loved [your girlfriend as much as she loves you] and lost [and felt worse than her afterwards], than never to have loved [her as much as she loved you] at all.

There's always going to be some slight disparity in levels of affection and commitment between both members of a couple, but surely it's best to have as high and equal a level of affection as possible between both members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

I'm not really getting it either!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Bet you're a catch...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

If one doesn't value the relationship as much as the other, then it's going to end eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

That makes no sense. At all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

a womans view in a relationship should always be through the kitchen window

So she can see her OH in the dog house?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Abi wrote: »
    If one doesn't value the relationship as much as the other, then it's going to end eventually.

I doubt you have ever valued any of your relationships the exact same as the men. 50 -50 doesnt't work imo whereas 51-49 does work if man is 49.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

RachaelVO wrote: »
    So she can see her OH in the dog house?

Which he is constructing for the pet dog :pac:

Anyways, as long as she isn't completely unhappy / bored then there shouldn't be much to be worried about.

Unless the dirty bint is cheating on her fella.

Yeah right - because if your other half suddenly has gone off having sex with you it is because it is really the _relationship_ she has gone off. It could not be you and/or your aged and spare tyre insulated good looks or anything like that :)

K-9 wrote: »
    The man should have less interest in a relationship to keep the wimminz on their toes basically.

More dating guru stuff.

No because it's just the way it works, nothing about keeping anyone on their toes. If the man needs the relationship more than the woman the woman simply tends to not want sex as much. It's just the way it is.

Yeah right - because if your other half suddenly has gone off having sex with you it is because it is really the _relationship_ she has gone off. It could not be you and/or your aged and spare tyre insulated good looks or anything like that :)

It could be a million reasons but if a man values it more the sex will become infrequent and the naturally happy equilibrium will be turned into an unhappy one on both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

No because it's just the way it works, nothing about keeping anyone on their toes. If the man needs the relationship more than the woman the woman simply tends to not want sex as much. It's just the way it is.

What are you basing this on?

I reckon it's personal experience...because it sure as **** isn't science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Every minute I have spent with prostitutes I have valued.

And they were also great value money wise.

• Advertisement

What are you basing this on?

I reckon it's personal experience...because it sure as **** isn't science.

No wiki articles today I'm afraid. My opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I doubt you have ever valued any of your relationships the exact same as the men. 50 -50 doesnt't work imo whereas 51-49 does work if man is 49.

Yes you are right its that simple:rolleyes:
    Scanlas can you enlighten us next on your latest Grand Unified Theory so we can stop spending money on this Large Hadron Collider malarky ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Ah, I see, well now it all makes sense...

Yeah, you know, maybe you're right.

jaja321 wrote: »
    Such insight! :p

Are you Spanish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Yeah lads but lets not forget that they feel more than we do:

'My heart is so low
    As only a woman's heart can be
    As only a woman's heart can now'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭28064212

IMO in order for a relationship between a woman and man to work well in all aspects the man must value the relationship at least slightly more than the woman. Otherwise the man tends to lose attraction for the woman and sex becomes infrequent. I think that's just the way it is.
    IMO in order for a relationship between two men to work well in all aspects the first man must value the relationship at least slightly more than the second man. Otherwise the first man tends to lose attraction for the second man and sex becomes infrequent. I think that's just the way it is.
    IMO in order for a relationship between two women to work well in all aspects the first woman must value the relationship at least slightly more than the second woman. Otherwise the second woman tends to lose attraction for the first woman and sex becomes infrequent. I think that's just the way it is.
    Should I continue? It starts getting complicated when you go up to polyamorous relationships. And all of the statements are at least as accurate as what you posted

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Ah I get it. Post egregious and unsupported nonsense in the guise of "opinion" in order to make people miss wiki and thereby heighten peoples anger and suspicion towards the new Internet Piracy Laws. I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yeah, you know, maybe you're right.

:D

That 1% makes all the difference.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

The relationship issues thread seems to be full of women gone off their partners and only seeing them as friends, or men having been dumped by their partners because they weren't attracted to them anymore. Seems to be a spike in these situations lately! Maybe the OP is one of them?

Look we all know women just go with men because they need someone to do manual labour.

Otherwise they'd all be lezzys.

K-9 wrote: »
    :D

That 1% makes all the difference.

I've already sent the "It's over" text :pac:

No wiki articles today I'm afraid. My opinion.

And out of curiosity, where was this derived from? Is it a personal experience of yours?

I've no idea why, but this thread has actually boiled my blood a little.
    Oh dear. Cup of tea required I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I don't think anybody really likes a needy partner. Male or female.

If a guy was more clingy in a relationship than me, I wouldn't like it, but similarly I wouldn't waste my time on someone who wasn't as interested in me as I was in them.

50/50 is where it's at.

• Advertisement

Clearly because you care about the thread more than it cares about you and so the relationship was always doomed to failure. Also it doesnt want to have sex with your ugly ass either.... oh no wait thats the OPs GF. Got mixed up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

My head hurts :( I prefer the more lighthearted threads in AH tbh!

Oh dear. Cup of tea required I think.

It's based on a theory the OP has, shouldn't let it bother you.

Two sugars, drop of milk, stir to the left. Thanks doll :cool:

Ok I will bite.... why left?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

IMO in order for a relationship between a man and woman to work well in all aspects the woman must value the relationship at least slightly more than the man.

Too bad for you Scanlas, you were born a century too late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Because if you stir to the right, your cup will value you more and your cup-tea relationship will fail

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

It's based on a theory the OP has, shouldn't let it bother you.

Ah see I know that logically which was why I was all conflustered as to my annoyance :pac:

here you are dear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Everybody stirs to the left (as you are looking at the cup) don't they? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

kfallon wrote: »
    Everybody stirs to the left (as you are looking at the cup) don't they? :confused:

I stir in a figure of 8, like a boss.

I'm a bit of a trickster see. All whoopie cushions and squirting flowers. It's a well known fact that if you stir anti-clockwise it creates a temporary black hole which sucks in the stirrer then closes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

If you stirred anti-clockwise in the olden days they branded you a witch :pac:

kfallon wrote: »

No idea I am not a tea or coffee drinker, or any drink in fact that requires one to stir anything into anything else. The only exception being the very occasional lemsip which I stir in both directions on the assumption that the sudden change of direction causes a sudden deceleration and acceleration in the opposite direction and so will increase the distribution of the particles.

It probably doesn’t but in my head it works. Someone a little more versed in the area of physics regarding the distributions of particles in a liquid needs to step in here and explain it… likely using words like Avogadro and Brownian and strange diagrams with spheres suspended in a beaker.

One thing I can safely say is that even if said person gets bogged down in details, analogies, diagrams and equations it will still be more engaging than what the thread WAS about.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Apparently I am supposed to give a reason for locking threads.

Surely it's so obvious I don't need to? Right?

You'd think that. But you'd be wrong.

So I am just going to leave my name as the last poster to indicate that I closed this thread.

That way, in the extremely unlikely (touch wood) event that somebody can not fathom why a thread of this calibre was closed, they can bother me with their questions because I really don't have anything better to do with my time anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement