Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tank locking

Options
  • 18-01-2012 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

from the eu Q&A thread..

As the figures and the feedback from RU server confirm, tank locking/freezing does bring diversity to CWs. There we can see 15 meds rosters, tier 7 SPGs, all tier 9 meds and heavies.

im thinking they are happy with it so far and we are likly to see it in the EU server in the not to distant future.

personally i would love to be in a battle a with 15 meds line up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DesperateCry

Glad I keep my GWtiger then....need to level up crew though :/
    Wait a sec...can we buy 2 GWTypE or more?
    Otherwise I better start going for Russian arty line

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Glad I keep my GWtiger then....need to level up crew though :/
    Wait a sec...can we buy 2 GWTypE or more?
    Otherwise I better start going for Russian arty line

No, only ever one tank of each model. So I suspect this is an attempt to push people up more trees and keep them grinding.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DesperateCry

Yes, it is working, I have not been using premium since I got my TypE, I may need to start again. Well, I would gladly pay rather than loooonger grind, it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Well with a lot of players having Tier 10 tanks + high tier arty, there's a straight swap right there.

If my arty is locked out, jump in the IS-7 :)

I'm up to tier 5 in russian arty, and tier 8 german heavy, tier 6 french med so should have plenty of choice.

I can always buy back my T95 if required too.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Well with a lot of players having Tier 10 tanks + high tier arty, there's a straight swap right there.

If my arty is locked out, jump in the IS-7 :)

I'm up to tier 5 in russian arty, and tier 8 german heavy, tier 6 french med so should have plenty of choice.

I can always buy back my T95 if required too.

not as simple as that. your arty will be locked the 1st night followed by your IS7 the second night and thats assuming we fight only 1 qualifying battle per night. so in theory every1 needs 7 top tier tanks.

• Advertisement

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    not as simple as that. your arty will be locked the 1st night followed by your IS7 the second night and thats assuming we fight only 1 qualifying battle per night. so in theory every1 needs 7 top tier tanks.

Or have lots of players with top tier tanks :)

Also, it depends on how long they end up going with the locking for.

this page shows the various periods that each type of tank will be locked ( this is on the russian server)
    http://worldoftanks.ru/news/739-return_of_wot_world_war_on_the_global_map/

this page shows the various periods that each type of tank will be locked ( this is on the russian server)
    http://worldoftanks.ru/news/739-return_of_wot_world_war_on_the_global_map/

Is that 168 hours for a Tier 10 heavy??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BIE.Ryaner

Duuuurty.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Daniel101

but your tank will only be locked for battles against owner or attacking and defending our land if we own some, so unless we own land you shouldn't need that many top tanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 iiansee

Translated by google:

"2) In the battles on the global map will act blocking the tank: destroyed in battle equipment will be locked in clan battles for a certain period (for a while will not only take part in the battles on the global map). Blocking time depends on the level of the tank. The higher the level of the tank, the longer time it locks. The exceptions are fighting tournament starting at the landing - they are the rule will not work. Destroyed by the results of such battle tanks will not be blocked, and already blocked earlier will be able to take part in them. This exception does not apply to the final battle with the owner of the province."

So yes, the chart seems to say that T10's will be locked for 168 hours... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

iiansee wrote: »
    So yes, the chart seems to say that T10's will be locked for 168 hours...

Ouch a week for a tier10, glad I haven't stopped grinding (although it's been somewhat slower recently).
    This is going to definitely going to make CW interesting but will it give the bigger clans with the large amounts of tier10s available an advantage?

Now I really need to do the final 100k xp for my GW TypeE but still have a few other top tier tanks available :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

phil3995 wrote: »
    Ouch a week for a tier10, glad I haven't stopped grinding (although it's been somewhat slower recently).
    This is going to definitely going to make CW interesting but will it give the bigger clans with the large amounts of tier10s available an advantage?

Now I really need to do the final 100k xp for my GW TypeE but still have a few other top tier tanks available :D
    Well there's a reason why I'm grinding out T10 tanks at the moment (beyond offering more options for CW for the clan) :P (I still think it is a ****ty idea and could far achieved far easier by putting in map limits, say only X Tier 10 tanks on this map or you need a minimum of Y mediums or similar requirements instead).

not ****ty from their perspective. more grinding = more converting XP = more gold purchases. tbh though, i would like the opertunity to have to bring some of my other tanks to clan wars as they are of no use in the current format.
    As for it helping the bigger clans, im not sure. if they have multiple provences, it will be a lot harder to defend them every night. i know they have alliances and such , but there has been a lot of action in the russian server since the introduction of locking

Depending on the map, it might be reason enough for me to buy back my T95.

Still have the crew :)

Depending on the map, it might be reason enough for me to buy back my T95.

Still have the crew :)

of all the tanks in wot, i hate coming up against 1 of those. you know the T95 got a buff to its side armour in the last patch also

4/5 times I'll defeat one in is4. Commanders cupola is y'er only man.

4/5 times I'll defeat one in is4. Commanders cupola is y'er only man.

I really REALLY don't believe you, since T95 2-3 shots an IS-4, regardless of angles since its a f00king cannonballshooter. :P

Replay or didn't happen!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I really REALLY don't believe you, since T95 2-3 shots an IS-4, regardless of angles since its a f00king cannonballshooter. :P

Replay or didn't happen!
    I could see it happening; I've done it in a VK4502(P) or E75 (can't remember which one but it was the T9 heavy German tank; he bounced one or two shots in total).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Just noticed that the lockout for tier 8 arty is 74 hours, tier 7 is 50. I'll be holding on to my GW Tiger so..... and my GW Panther

• Advertisement

Replay or didn't happen!

Its gun isn't as good as it seems. Trust me. When it penetrates, you're talking 700-800hp damage, but it does bounce a lot, and it takes an age to focus the aim. I usually go close range, pop out, shoot him, and then reverse before he'll get a shot off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Saw a brilliant tactic for closing off streets , a T30 right behind a T95 shooting over him , we couldnt do anything , its lethal in city maps !

i was in a battle in himmelsdorf in my obj 704. another 704 joined me and we headed down the left road. i was thinking we would kill all before us , until we walked into 2 T95s side by side with a T30 behind and arty behind him.
    gg

Saw a brilliant tactic for closing off streets , a T30 right behind a T95 shooting over him , we couldnt do anything , its lethal in city maps !

I actually ran into this on my Maus. I was playing Himmelsdorf with a mate of mine and there was 2x t95 in the front, a T30 and derp KV behind them, and they all had 2x E-75s reversing (YES, REVERSING :D) behind them to close off flankers. It was just frickin' genius tactics.

Advertisement