Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Acting?

Options
  • 18-01-2012 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, how would one start out? I have absolutely no idea what is in it or where to start. It's been playing on my mind the last while that I would like to give it a go. I have medium experience in radio presenting that's about as far as it streches ! I'm in my early 20's..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Try your local amateur drama group. If you're in Dublin, I recommend No Drama Theatre. They do workshops every Tuesday.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055468409

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 brooksamanda89

Perfect age to start your career in acting, but it’s too risky and uncertain I hope you are ready for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Great time to be starting. I started last year and am 34. One of the guys I started with at the same time is 22 wanted to do it all his life.

Tonight, he is playing the Belltable Limerick, is going on a tour, will be playing the West End in London in April and is loving every second of it.

If you want to do it, do it, you won't regret it. I cerainly enjoy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

This:
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    Great time to be starting. I started last year and am 34. One of the guys I started with at the same time is 22 wanted to do it all his life.

Tonight, he is playing the Belltable Limerick, is going on a tour, will be playing the West End in London in April and is loving every second of it.

If you want to do it, do it, you won't regret it. I cerainly enjoy it!

Not this:
    Perfect age to start your career in acting, but it’s too risky and uncertain I hope you are ready for it.

Advertisement