Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to get a visa to live in the US...please help!!!

Options
  • 18-01-2012 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Allright folks

So i am in need of help,i want to get a visa so i can live and work legally in America.

Now i have never been to college so i need to know how i can get around getting a visa..do i have to get a sponsor or how does it
    work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Marry an American and what a couple of years, other than that you've no chance of getting a permanent visa. You could try for a 12 month visa but I'm not sure on the requirements of that, I know it used to be only available to students, not sure if that's still the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I think marrying an American and entering the green card lottery are your only options given the information you supplied. The days of just showing up in America are long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

The US is not as great for getting work as it used to be, I have family here that are highly skilled and even naturalized US citizens, but can't find work in it...they are hoping to move to Canada. If I were you i'd look to Canada or Australia maybe ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

The Diversity Visa lottery is your only realistic option, it will be open again in autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

America is currently closed......try back later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Hollypop

You could apply for a job and get them to get visa for you. Sometimes works if you currently work for a company who have offices and jobs going in the US.

Advertisement