Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen floor tiles coming up - covered by insurance?

• 18-01-2012 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Over the past few months we've had an issue in the kitchen where a few of the floor tiles appeared to have come loose/sounded hollow. It has gotten worse of late and lately we've had around 12 tiles which have risen up (though the grouting hasn't broken) which felt like you were walking on plywood, or something.

We were worried it was a leaking pipe but having taken a couple of the tiles up it appears the bonding underneath has simply come away from the floor altogether.

I'm curious to know as I won't have a chance to ring the insurance company for a while, is this something that's likely covered?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

I would say the adhesive was the wrong type or there was dust on the floor when the tiles were being laid and didn't make a good bond.

I very much doubt insurance would covet this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I would say the adhesive was the wrong type or there was dust on the floor when the tiles were being laid and didn't make a good bond.

I very much doubt insurance would covet this.

No, I suspect you're right. Will still give them a buzz just in case.

Advertisement