Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secure wireless router, lost mfg instructions

Options
  • 18-01-2012 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I recently moved house and set up my wireless router again. It hadnt been used in a few months. Anyways when I set up the router I found i'd lost the manufacturer instructions. I bought the router about a year ago on a Chinese website and its an OEM device. I cant find any manufacturer details on the router. (http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/80211n-wireless-router-300mbps-3-antennas-edition/).
    The router has been left open for the last few weeks but i've noticed that the speed has decreased a lot and I think some of my neighbours might be using it. Any tips on how to secure the router without the instructions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

See if it provides a web configuration service: find your DefaultGateway IP, using "ipconfig /all" and put that address (probably 192.168.x.x) into the address bar on your browser.

Advertisement