Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodeded Frame Walls and TV

• 18-01-2012 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

We got a small extension done and the builders constructed it with a wooden frame as distinct fromt he traditional block build. I want to hang a 47inch tv off it.....but am worried as to whether the wall will support it.....any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

jrby wrote: »
    We got a small extension done and the builders constructed it with a wooden frame as distinct fromt he traditional block build. I want to hang a 47inch tv off it.....but am worried as to whether the wall will support it.....any thoughts?

Yep the walls should be capable of holding up a 47" TV its just a matter of knowing where to screw it into it. Locate the wooden beams, mark them and decide what to do from there.

I'd bolt the bracket on to a nice rectangle of say 10mm ply wood, using gutter bolts. Then I would screw this into 2 or possibly even 3 of the wooden up-rights with some nice long wood screws. Job done!

With a TV that wide, there's no way you'd even see the ply behind it, but you could always paint it the same colour as the wall etc...

Advertisement