Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed to decode JSON: Syntax error.

Options
  • 18-01-2012 5:30pm

Not sure if this had been discussed yet, but I've been getting this error quite a lot while using touch.boards.ie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

This is a catch-all response when something fails in the API that touch runs off. We're looking at improving the error messaging so that the touch sites emits a friendlier error message when the API faceplants.

We're also looking to increase logging on the API to get a better idea of where exactly these errors are occurring.

So thanks for the report and we are investigating.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

This is a catch-all response when something fails in the API that touch runs off. We're looking at improving the error messaging so that the touch sites emits a friendlier error message when the API faceplants.

We're also looking to increase logging on the API to get a better idea of where exactly these errors are occurring.

So thanks for the report and we are investigating.

I'm getting this error right now when trying to post in the android forum.

edit: also in this forum, although the post is actually sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

All my posts are getting this error but getting through....

MugMugs wrote: »
    All my posts are getting this error but getting through....

Can you give me details of your browser etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Im getting this error on the touchsite too, and judging from the amount of duplicate and triplicate posts tonight quite a lot of others,are

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Im getting this error on the touchsite too, and judging from the amount of duplicate and triplicate posts tonight quite a lot of others,are

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Same has happened to me on the touch site too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Same here. Had to apologise in the Galway Forum earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Happened again on my last reply. Nice bright pink error message

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Since yesterday evening I get this message every time I post on the touch site but posts still go throught

• Advertisement

http://i.imgur.com/SwwZa.jpg

This was after I posted above. When I tried to submit a message again it told me the thread was invalid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

smash wrote: »
    Since yesterday evening I get this message every time I post on the touch site but posts still go throught

We made one change yesterday which shouldn't have had this impact but such is software development it always is so its looking likely this change is the cause.

We'll all be in the office in the next 30 mins we can have a proper look at it then. Thanks for baring with us.

Should be sorted now. Not entirely sure how the change we made yesterday could have caused this. Thanks for letting us know though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I can confirm that it's working for me now. Thanks lads :)

Should be sorted now. Not entirely sure how the change we made yesterday could have caused this. Thanks for letting us know though.
    Blame Neil, he looks suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

It is fixe on my browser now , thanks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm having this problem on my phone. I replied to a few threads today, and when I go to post, it brings me back to a blank screen. PM's are working fine though.

What phone and operating system version are you on?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭beertons

HTC Desire. What do you mean by operating system? Noob here!

I mean the version of Android your phone is running. This video shows how to find it on a HTC Desire:

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement