Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L.C Engineering?

• 18-01-2012 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi, I was just wondering what is engineering for the leaving cert like. I really enjoy it. The only problem is the practical. I find it boring and i always make mistakes. Could someone please tell me what the course is like and what is the exam structure?;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Hoggy1000

Im currently in 6th year doing it and to be honest, i really dont like it.

The theory is very boring, and does contain a lot of Chemistry-ish parts like Plastics.

The Practical is alot tougher than It was at JC aswell. For example this year we must Build an LRV (basically a dunne buggy for the moon). We got no daigram to copy or mesurements. Only thing is we must include front wheel steering and it must be driven by the front wheels. Also it cant go over 350x350.

Im dreading the one day practical peice aswell. 6 hours? :(

but thats just me, Looking back on it, business was probably a much better option for me but theres people in my class who just seem to fly through the pieces and the theory doesnt seem to be to hard on them.

As far as the test goes...
    50% for The written test
    22% for Project, 3% for Portfolio you must write about your project
    25% for one day practical peice.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 JuniorMint

thank you i think i can cross engineering off my list :D

Advertisement