Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panicking about car insurance claim

• 18-01-2012 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    I'm new to boards. Im looking for some advice about an insurance claim.

As I was going to be last night my neighbour called me and said someone is in my car, they thought they were trying to steal it. I looked out and there was someone in my car but they weren't trying to steal it but put it on fire!!!!

I dont know why they would do this, but it is the second time in the past year that this has happened. Last St. Patricks Day my husband left the car outside a pub in Dublin, it was burned. He never got the insurance because he never told the insurance company that he was banned in the past.

Why would someone do this?

But my main concern is that I never locked the car! I wasnt going out on my own, I just called the garda, but the man ran. When I got outside I seen that the windows wernt broken, so it must have been open. Will the insurance pay out? Im really worried, I need the car for work and I cant afford a new one.

Will they refuse to pay out because the car was left unlocked.
    They know this because the fire was put out before the windows were damaged (the inside of the car is wrecked though)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Sorry to hear about your car.

I am no insurance expert but I cant see any reason they shouldnt pay out, regardless of weather the car was open or locked they could have easily broken the window.

It does seem a bit strange that both of your cars have been targeted. If it was in your garden then the person who done it most likley had a problem with you and would have done it anyway.

Advertisement