Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ABS light on misabishi space wagon oo

Options
  • 18-01-2012 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

well lads im looking to get the abs light turnedoff on the dash of my car can any one recomend sumone in waterford that will do it pls:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fix your ABS!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Firstly why would you want to do this?? And secondly I think it's illegal to disable a cars display safety features eg airbag light, seatbelt light, abs light etc. Also nearly certain it will fail an NCT because of this.
    Not 100% but sure someone here can clarify this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ann26

mike65 wrote: »
    Fix your ABS!

should of explained more lol i brought it to a garage to have the brakes and that checked and was told they r fine its just one of thoes things that happens should go off its self

i asked if they can turn it off and they said nope that i could try someone who works fome home r a auto electrition

Firstly why would you want to do this?? And secondly I think it's illegal to disable a cars display safety features eg airbag light, seatbelt light, abs light etc. Also nearly certain it will fail an NCT because of this.
    Not 100% but sure someone here can clarify this?

yeah it wont pass a nct if the light is on for the test mine is nct till 2013 so im ok for a while i got the car checked but nothing was found to be wrong with the brakes and that also the car is briving and braking no proble...

i askes the garage i brought it to be checked it they could do it was was bacily told to bring it to a machanic that works from home r auto electrition to get it turned off thats its prob only needs new sensor r fuze

i just dont know any:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

bring it to a garage that has a diagnostic tool and they will tell you if there is a problem with it and if not they can reset it for you and warning lights in cars dont just go off they have to be looked at as to why they are on in the first place...... its crazy a mechanic told you that it just goes off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ann26 wrote: »
    yeah it wont pass a nct if the light is on for the test mine is nct till 2013 so im ok for a while i got the car checked but nothing was found to be wrong with the brakes and that also the car is briving and braking no proble...

i askes the garage i brought it to be checked it they could do it was was bacily told to bring it to a machanic that works from home r auto electrition to get it turned off thats its prob only needs new sensor r fuze

i just dont know any:D

PM sent

S28382 wrote: »
    bring it to a garage that has a diagnostic tool and they will tell you if there is a problem with it and if not they can reset it for you and warning lights in cars dont just go off they have to be looked at as to why they are on in the first place...... its crazy a mechanic told you that it just goes off

iknow its crazy was shocked tbh....as far as i can make out from the mechanic it was put on dignostics no fault is showing up so he said theirs not much can be done to get it checked off a auto electrition

i just got a pm from someone in the same possition as me light came on was chcked and noting showd up brought car to the auto electrition and all that needed to be fone was change a sensor :)

bit of luck that all ill need

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

iknow its crazy was shocked tbh....as far as i can make out from the mechanic it was put on dignostics no fault is showing up so he said theirs not much can be done to get it checked off a auto electrition

i just got a pm from someone in the same possition as me light came on was chcked and noting showd up brought car to the auto electrition and all that needed to be fone was change a sensor :)

bit of luck that all ill need

Heres hoping and thats there's actually nothing wrong with your ABS!!!

Heres hoping and thats there's actually nothing wrong with your ABS!!!

well if their is should it not of showed up on the digonistic when it was done???

i might find another mechanic and get it rechecked :(

cars eh never a dull day :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

well if their is should it not of showed up on the digonistic when it was done???

i might find another mechanic and get it rechecked :(

cars eh never a dull day :eek:

i think you just got a lazy mechanic who didnt want to trace the problem i mean i know from working on cars that sometimes it can be time consuming but i would think if your paying someone to fix your car they should do it as best as they can, nothing worse than a pass the buck mechanic

• Advertisement

S28382 wrote: »
    i think you just got a lazy mechanic who didnt want to trace the problem i mean i know from working on cars that sometimes it can be time consuming but i would think if your paying someone to fix your car they should do it as best as they can, nothing worse than a pass the buck mechanic

thats true it was a friday when i brought it in so he prob was just wanting to go home

ru from waterford?

if so can u recomend a mechanic

Advertisement