Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Bands

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

bigpink wrote: »
    Is it for a pub gig OP?

Hermitage Green seen to be getting tons of gigs around town so they must be good

Rugby jocks with guitars. They are good at what they do but there isn't much artistic credibility to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Rugby jocks with guitars. They are good at what they do but there isn't much artistic credibility to them.

Not sure that's fair, bit of a sweeping statement. I went to see them in Jerry Flannery's court yard and they really blew me away. Their covers really put their own twist on things, the use of the slide guitar and even a didgeridoo (spelling) at one stage were excellent. Was also quite surprised by the variety of people in the crowd. All age groups!

Youtube their latest video released called "Gibson". Quite an original sound for a band that does a lot of covers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6 Bryan Doherty

Ember is a good band for pub gig contact mike 0876847490

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

jmch81 wrote: »
    And no one mentioned the windings, who have a new album out.

Loved the first WIndings album, must catch up on their latest.

OOAL records ftw :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭if6was9

Loads of great bands in Limerick across alot of genres at the minute. I'll try list off some of the top of my head but it's impossible to remember them all!
    I'll start with the more indie/alt rock/punk stuff. All originals bands here, personally I don't really care for covers bands.

Fox Jaw Bounty Hunters
    Dead Red Light
    Hip Neck Blues Collective
    Leading Armies
    Drea
    Birdthistle
    Campaign LK
    Blackroad
    Rogue
    Benoit
    Protobaby
    Brendam Markham (solo and with band)
    Paddy Mulcahy/No Land Folk
    Windings
    Built for Comfort
    Animal Beats
    Glaad Occurs
    Kiernan Mcmullan
    Great in Small Doses
    Fat Baby Panda
    Very Angry Girls
    Sky Harbor
    Mark O Connor
    Last Days of Death Country
    We Come in Pieces
    Carpe Diem
    If Memory Serves
    We Should Be Dead (maybe defunct)

Hard Rock/Metal wise there's a thriving scene at the minute with alot of the local Limerick bands getting called up for good support slots in Dublin and plenty of gigs happening across a few different venues here. Here's a list of these bands that I know are active at the minute.

Shardborne
    Three Hour Ceasefire
    Dark Matter
    Zealot Cult
    Dirty Diamonds
    Iron Mountain
    Astal Gardens
    SeaDog

Lots of ones missing there, I didn't include any bands that haven't gigged recently to my memory and there's alot of side projects and short projects that only lasted a few gigs that I didn't include. Also left off bands that are mainly covers that do a handful of originals. I didn't put up much in the way of Singer Songwriters either because there's millions of them and most aren't really worth mentioning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭if6was9

Also for people looking for places to see original music the best spots are
    Dolans( all genres), The Blind Pig( Rock and Metal), The Office/Courtyard(Tuesdays, Commercial rock), Baker Place ( all genres-when it's open), Bourkes( laid back rock/funk) and sometimes Cobblestone Joes( acoustic, rock)

There's alot of places like Smyths, Nancys, Flannerys, Scotts, Mollys that do have bands but they're all covers outfits that may the odd time do an original, different type of gig entirely I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭code name paul

Does any one have contact details for this band???? Fox Jaw Bounty Hunters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Does any one have contact details for this band???? Fox Jaw Bounty Hunters

http://www.foxjawbountyhunters.com/contact/Say_Hello

You can get their contact numbers on their Facebook page too. I can post the numbers if it's okay with the mods.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I can try get a contact for Shane if you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Campaign LK doing an interview with Limelight:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Campaign LK are giving away their EP for free right here:
    http://www.rubymusic.ie/#/campaign-lk/4563487330

Loving it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Yikes!! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭johnROSS

Sum Yung Wans- great sugary indieness
    House Pacific - The best craic i've ever had at a live gig :P
    might as well give my own band a plug - No Void, Young Alternative Rock Band. :)
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/No-Void/266009153478086

Advertisement